Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Reborn dolls

  1. #1

    Default Reborn dolls

    I'm such a sap lately.. I've been looking into dolls lately, specifically the "reborn" type. They're hyper-realistic dolls that look like babies and toddlers. They can be creepy, and too deep in the uncanny valley, but there's also something really cute about most of them... I do have a fear that if I buy one I'll get a baby corpse instead though; I need to stop being paranoid.

    What do you guys think of them? Anyone into them?
    Last edited by DrewberryBlue; 11-Oct-2013 at 01:52.

  2. #2
    kayley

    Default

    From an artist standpoint, I think they are Awesome! =^.^=
    But WAY too deep in the uncanny valley. I couldn't sleep with one of those in the room. =O.O=
    They just sort of creep me out.... I don't know, I sort of want my dolly to look like a dolly so I can pretend it's real. The pretending is part of the fun! =^.^=

  3. #3

    Default

    Damn... I had to google this, hadn't I.... curiosity killed the cat.
    Now I should sleep and probably will have nasty nightmares...

    Wow - those abominations are creepy fuckers.


    I have never liked humanoid dolls - find them all quite creepy in a weird way... but these "reborn" things take the creepy factor to an entirely new level.


    Now I need to get those images out of my mind.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Damn...nasty nightmares...abominations...creepy fuckers.

    here's good avatar for you, though:
    Attachment 18809

    i wonder if they make all ages?

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm not sure. Most reborn are infants in the pre-toddler stage though googling "Reborn toddler dolls" I got a few hits. I think I like the tots better actually. Still Moments Nursery has good looking ones = they have elementary kids too - but they cost $300+.

    http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee292/janniedelange/AndresrebbyLaNurseriedeMarie12.jpg
    Last edited by DrewberryBlue; 11-Oct-2013 at 03:09.

  6. #6

    Default

    "Would you like to play with me, daddy?"

    "Oh...you talk. I don't recall that from the add. Yeah, okay. Hey wait, what's that in your hand?"

    "Oh nothing daddy. Come play with me. Play with me now!"

    "Is that a knife? Is that a fu*cking knife? No, NO , NOOOOOOOO........."

    "Who will play with me? Daddy went away. Will you be my new daddy?......Please......?"

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    "Would you like to play with me, daddy?"

    "Oh...you talk. I don't recall that from the add. Yeah, okay. Hey wait, what's that in your hand?"

    "Oh nothing daddy. Come play with me. Play with me now!"

    "Is that a knife? Is that a fu*cking knife? No, NO , NOOOOOOOO........."

    "Who will play with me? Daddy went away. Will you be my new daddy?......Please......?"
    ...and now dolls are officially ruined for me. Thanks, Dogboy
    (I never actually played with dolls...thast's one LG thing I never got into. I couldn't handle one of these though; they're a bit too real for me, although they are incredible!)

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post

    here's good avatar for you, though:
    Attachment 18809

    i wonder if they make all ages?
    Just need to put a red light bulb inside that.

    As for the reborns: My wife has a very sharp eye, and actually noticed a woman at the mall who was sitting on a bench pretending to give one a bottle. It was the lack of movement and blinking that gave it away, as it was otherwise stunningly real. We were sitting only a few feet away having coffee, and did our best not to stare once we realized what was going on. I've since wondered whether this woman was an over-the-top doll enthusiast, a prankster, or had perhaps had some traumatic experience (e.g., death of a child) that compelled her to do this.

    This thread reminded me of the recent CNN blog about men and their life-sized female dolls. Some are a bit stylized, while others are quite realistic.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    "Would you like to play with me, daddy?"

    "Oh...you talk. I don't recall that from the add. Yeah, okay. Hey wait, what's that in your hand?"

    "Oh nothing daddy. Come play with me. Play with me now!"

    "Is that a knife? Is that a fu*cking knife? No, NO , NOOOOOOOO........."

    "Who will play with me? Daddy went away. Will you be my new daddy?......Please......?"

    After reading your post the movie, Pet Sematary comes to mind

    Last edited by MeDisneyBaby; 14-Oct-2013 at 00:32.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Just need to put a red light bulb inside that.

    As for the reborns: My wife has a very sharp eye, and actually noticed a woman at the mall who was sitting on a bench pretending to give one a bottle. It was the lack of movement and blinking that gave it away, as it was otherwise stunningly real. We were sitting only a few feet away having coffee, and did our best not to stare once we realized what was going on. I've since wondered whether this woman was an over-the-top doll enthusiast, a prankster, or had perhaps had some traumatic experience (e.g., death of a child) that compelled her to do this.

    This thread reminded me of the recent CNN blog about men and their life-sized female dolls. Some are a bit stylized, while others are quite realistic.
    And I thought my fictitious tale was creepy! It sounds like she was just in time for Halloween. Maybe you could buy several heads, put red light bulbs in them, and then placed in your windows for the children on Halloween!

    edit: And yes. Pet Cemetery was one scary, if not, totally disturbing movie.

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
    By Pirouette in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 16-Jul-2013, 14:35
  2. Dolls
    By Icey in forum Sissy / Girls
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24-Jan-2012, 04:46
  3. Reborn as furry
    By Lagon in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-Sep-2011, 09:56
  4. Reborn "Real Life" Baby dolls
    By maddie212 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-Jan-2011, 13:01
  5. Upgrade Successful! ADISC Reborn!
    By Moo in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-Jun-2010, 12:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.