Thread: This Is A Great Pram For *Bs

Smile This Is A Great Pram For *Bs

I have one also made by Hedstrom which is nearly identical to this one in design. Vintage Hedstrom Baby Stroller Buggy Pram Carriage - eBay (item 220328538946 end time Dec-21-08 18:59:01 PST) These old Hedstroms from the 1960s and '70s are built like tanks! I remember checking them out in the old Sears and Wards catalogs of the early 1970s and wanting one even way back then. The seat is so wide on mine my hips don't even touch the inside sides of the seat. I don't know what the weight limit was on it originally, but my adult weight doesn't even phase it one bit. Now that's what I call quality construction. A great pram for babies of all ages!

~Pramrider

Wow! I want that SO bad. That thing looks great and I'm pretty sure I could fit.

I'll pass on it. I like "normal" strollers. I think the last time I rode in one was when I was 5. :P

I would love to ride in a stroller, though not in public too much because I'd be way too paranoid of someone seeing me

Very "Old Skool," that is. You could imagine archaeologists digging that up a few hundred years from now and scratching their heads.

Not really my cup of tea, but I'm curious about one thing: How do you actually get in it? (When it's a stroller, that is. Getting in it as a pram could void your medical insurance! ) That bar across the front looks like it's part of the structure - it is low enough to step in and lower yourself down or do you sort of slither up into it?

How much weight can these things hold? The way you describe them, it seems like you could easily fit in or something

To Pojo and ShyBaby:

The trick to getting into a pram or stroller with front bar is simple. Set the backrest in a recline position (works easiest), and tip the stroller up on it's front wheels so you can step straight through the leg holes. Next step depends on the seat height. If low, pull the stroller up your legs like you're putting on a pair of pants until your bottom is completely in the seat. Hanging onto something for balance, sit yourself and the stroller back down, either folding your legs or extending them straight. If high, just work your legs down through the openings as you sit into the seat and the stroller tips back to resting on all four wheels. Again, holding onto something for balance helps a lot. Once in, you can adjust the backrest for sitting upright if you prefer. Do the steps in reverse order to get back out.

A pram like the one I gave the link to probably didn't have a listed weight limit. The more well made ones don't. The mfr usually lists an age range instead. Smaller strollers will have a weight limit, which is a conservative figure and not the absolute max. weight the stroller can take before structurally failing. I've gotten into both smaller strollers and larger prams with my 145lbs and haven't broken one yet. I have a pram very similar to the one in my OP and my weight doesn't make it sag at all.

~Pramrider

I picked up one of these in near new condition for my former girlfriend. She had a collection of dolls that included large china dolls that belonged to her great-grandmother, great-great aunt, and grandmother. I remodeled her house and we decorated her spare/guest bedroom with these vintage dolls and other antique toys. The pram was a great way to display and protect the priceless dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post
    I picked up one of these in near new condition for my former girlfriend. She had a collection of dolls that included large china dolls that belonged to her great-grandmother, great-great aunt, and grandmother. I remodeled her house and we decorated her spare/guest bedroom with these vintage dolls and other antique toys. The pram was a great way to display and protect the priceless dolls.
    They are great to display dolls, toys, plushies, etc. Some people restore antique prams specifically for display use.

~Pramrider