Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which pharmacies tend to have good diapers?

Default Which pharmacies tend to have good diapers?

I went on a diaper hunt today at multiple stores, including Walmart, Rite-Aid, and another small chain pharmacy called Health Rx or something. None of them had anything worth looking at; nothing but store brands and Depends.

There is one place in town that is a non-chain pharmacy, I think...it's called Kel-Save, if it rings a bell. They tend to have halfway decent stock (along with the dreaded Depends brand that is bent on invading EVERY diaper shelf in the US), but it's still not that great. The ones I got from there today are the first diapers that are my size, but they're basically paper towels in a plastic cover. The best they have are Tena Ultra diapers, which are...alright.

I would order online but I live with my parents, and the PO sends out a nice little red letter stating they've received a package for us...my parents are nosy, and will ask about what I got in the mail. They also like to take a look at what I got partly out of curiosity, and partly out of seeing what their deviant son is up to.

Has anyone had success with their local pharmacies? I literally travelled to another town to look for better supply but to no avail.
    Last edited by TenSwords; 10-Oct-2013 at 03:48. Reason: The freaking difference between "traveled" and "travelled"

Unfortunately, it can be very hard to find premium brand diapers in a physical store in the US. You can try looking for home health care suppliers, rather than pharmacies.

Honestly, your best net is to get a box at a local UPS Store (NOT a PO box). They won't call or send letters if you tell them not to. You call them or just drop in after the tracking days delivered.

Honestly, your best net is to get a box at a local UPS Store
    I'll have to check if there's one that I can easily get to without hassle. How much does a box cost usually? I've tried medical supply stores but all they have is those bed pads...

Quote Originally Posted by Gevamna View Post
    I went on a diaper hunt today at multiple stores, including Walmart, Rite-Aid, and another small chain pharmacy called Health Rx or something. None of them had anything worth looking at; nothing but store brands and Depends.

There is one place in town that is a non-chain pharmacy, I think...it's called Kel-Save, if it rings a bell. They tend to have halfway decent stock (along with the dreaded Depends brand that is bent on invading EVERY diaper shelf in the US), but it's still not that great. The ones I got from there today are the first diapers that are my size, but they're basically paper towels in a plastic cover. The best they have are Tena Ultra diapers, which are...alright.

I would order online but I live with my parents, and the PO sends out a nice little red letter stating they've received a package for us...my parents are nosy, and will ask about what I got in the mail. They also like to take a look at what I got partly out of curiosity, and partly out of seeing what their deviant son is up to.

Has anyone had success with their local pharmacies? I literally travelled to another town to look for better supply but to no avail.
    definitely not those in the uk

I found some Attends at my old pharmacy in nebraska. They were ok, but after online brands a bit disappointing. It seems old school pharmacies are losing out. Sad day!

Non-chains sometimes have attends and molicares. I've been able to get attends waist band and Molicare Supers before from one. I almost got Molicare Super Plus from another pharmacy, but they were insistent on insurance when I spoke to them over the phone. I've since moved on to buying online, which I do these days since I can get what I want rather than what a company carries.

CrinklySiren

Very rarely will you find good diapers on the street. There is a small hispanic market near my job that sells Attends, and thats the ONLY place I know to find them.. But honestly even attends aren't that amazing anymore. There is another store a few miles away from my house that sells Molicare, Tena Slip, Abenas etc. but that store is only open mon-fri until 4pm and most of the time you have to call ahead and ask if they have a certain diaper in stock or if you want them to order some for you to pick up. Its a good place for people who don't wanna order online, but this is one place in an entire city lol. Honestly, your best bet would be to get a PO box, or just tell your parents that you are an adult and you deserve privacy in what you order in the mail. When i first started ordering online, my parents would ask about what I ordered and i would say it was clothes or games or just things to decorate my room.

Or you could order straight to your house to avoid getting that red letter, just be sure to be the first one to get the package. When you buy from Bambino, they usually ship with UPS or Fedex, and that way you have the tracking number, and you know the day that it will arrive so you know to be ready. I personally hate USPS because aside from being completely useless and unreliable, the tracking is always incorrect and they don't "leave packages at doorsteps" for some ridiculous reason, forcing you to either change YOUR schedule for THEIR convenience, or having to drive to the nearest post office to pick it up, which is also NEVER fun.

Sorry about that little rant, i just really hate USPS >_< so many bad memories.

The Walgreens brand aren't terrible. They're not the best either. If you were in a pinch (or didn't want to spend a ton) I would recommend them.

Well, as stated in a couple threads, Staples sells diapers: plastic backed (!) and molicares. It's free shipping to store I think, so you might be able to pass them off as office supplies xD

If you're anywhere in So Cal, there are 3 stores I am aware of - a small chain called West Drug in Huntington Beach and Westminster, and a medical supply store called DMES in Huntington. I buy at DMES once or twice a month for my Abena X-Plus M4s