Thread: acceptance is awesome

Default acceptance is awesome

In the last couple weeks i managed to finaly accept this part of my self. Once i finaly found biblical evidence that this is not mentioned at all as a sin and that several verses, in context even, say that things the bible makes no mention of are far less important than the 2 most important things god asks of us: love him and one another. I ran this across a friend and biblical scholar in my independant baptist church, who agreed. It is amazing how much better i feel now. How hard was it to accept yourselfs for you? If you have not, what do you think you need? Just wanted to share the good news, one more of us has stopped bullying themselves. Feels nice. Next step: gaining some cofidence.

I'm happy for you, congrats. Every so often you might come across a point again where you have a hard time not accepting yourself, but that first moment when you just feel like, "I am happy with who i am as an AB," is way satisfying, and a huge changer in attitude. It really does feel great to stop fighting against yourself. It is kind of funny because it is really easy to feel like there must be something sinful about infantilism, but really there isn't anything, unless you become glutenous in it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOne View Post
    In the last couple weeks i managed to finaly accept this part of my self. Once i finaly found biblical evidence that this is not mentioned at all as a sin and that several verses, in context even, say that things the bible makes no mention of are far less important than the 2 most important things god asks of us: love him and one another. I ran this across a friend and biblical scholar in my independant baptist church, who agreed. It is amazing how much better i feel now. How hard was it to accept yourselfs for you? If you have not, what do you think you need? Just wanted to share the good news, one more of us has stopped bullying themselves. Feels nice. Next step: gaining some cofidence.
    you looked through the bible to see if wearing diapers was a sin?
    really?

It is not God you need to worry about for acceptance, my friend, but how society accepts it. That's why in that respect, it's best to keep that one a secret.

Default .

yes and no. Not so specific. More my abness. I needed religious acceptance and was scared that cultural bias might hinder getting a strictly biblical answer. Yes fox but i care far more about gods than societys opinion. I needed it to accept myself. That said, i would never go tell everyone, i agree. I needed to see evidence of his acceptance for myself.
    Last edited by CuriousOne; 06-Oct-2013 at 05:35. Reason: adding

For religious or spiritual people, feeling like they aren't making God unhappy is a really big thing. So I'm glad you looked into it for yourself and came to the conclusion that God would accept you as you are. You're not hurting anyone, so I can't see the harm. It's weird, but being weird isn't a sin, right?

oh interesting, the thread got cut. Nifty.
    So curriousone, now that you accept your AB side have any plans for it? Buying anything special, diapers, stuffed animals, bottles, pacifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDorito View Post
    you looked through the bible to see if wearing diapers was a sin?
    really?
    For Christians, this is a huge block to self-acceptance. I went through years of struggle because of this. A lot of it comes down to a general bias in society that being different is somehow evil, and that if you don't fit the norm, you're wrong. Sadly, in Christian culture, this bias is even stronger. For people who believe in God (or any sort of faith), reconciling your beliefs and your love of diapers is extremely important, to make sure that guilt and anxiety don't constantly trip you up. When you reach this peace, it's a whole new kind of beautiful. But yes, for a Christian, reading the Bible to see if diapers are a sin is pretty normal (or at least, I'm the same kind of weird lol).

And CuriousOne, I've got to compliment your guts on actually talking to a fellow church member about this. That's one leap I don't think I'd ever make! All I can say is, enjoy your freedom and happiness. It's a hard-fought struggle, and you should enjoy the victory! God and diapers are both great, and you don't have to give up one or the other

thanks. But i did not tell them i was into this stuff. To scared for that but got the helpfull input without specifics. Adventurer, sound advice and comments as usual. Your avie makes me think of zelda from loz xd