Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW M5 Crash...tragic

Default BMW M5 Crash...tragic

Saw this on another forum. Being a pretty crazy driver myself it kinda makes me sit and think about my driving habits. Sad part is the guy in the accident talks about his high speed problems on a BMW forum. All the warning signs were there, even coming from expert drivers. He didnt listen and now he and 4 others are no longer around.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124526

EmeraldsAndLime

Which makes me realise now why police target young people in my area...

Wow, that is really sad. It makes me mad when people (of all ages, but especially young drivers because of their lack of experience) think they are invincible behind the wheel. Not only are they endangering their own lives, but the lives of others! When I was 16 and all my friends were getting their licenses, I saw alot of bad decisions made. It makes me thankful that everyone made it through that time. Me, I was always an overly cautious driver when I was young - mostly because I didn't have my own car and was only able to drive my parents' car once in a blue moon. When I finally got a car, it didn't have any horsepower or acceleration that would let me be reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by andysetra View Post
    Wow, that is really sad. It makes me mad when people (of all ages, but especially young drivers because of their lack of experience) think they are invincible behind the wheel. Not only are they endangering their own lives, but the lives of others! When I was 16 and all my friends were getting their licenses, I saw alot of bad decisions made. It makes me thankful that everyone made it through that time. Me, I was always an overly cautious driver when I was young - mostly because I didn't have my own car and was only able to drive my parents' car once in a blue moon. When I finally got a car, it didn't have any horsepower or acceleration that would let me be reckless.
    Yea im kinda direct opposite when it comes to that. I have a Lexus 2-door coupe with around 200hp. I like to stomp on the gas a lot and push the limits of my car. I did have a run-in with a tree as i was avoiding a deer. I was pushing the car a little bit, but i did lose control. these days im a bit more cautious, but know when i've gone too far. They say that time is the best way to develop drivers skills, but not all of us have that kind of time available weather we know it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TallestBabyEver View Post
    They say that time is the best way to develop drivers skills, but not all of us have that kind of time available weather we know it or not.
    That is very true, but unfortunately it's hard to understand that until you've gained those skills.

Peachy

What all those maniac drivers forget is that they're operating over 1 ton of metal (and plastic) that develops quite a force and can easily crush humans, who weigh a measly 80kg and are made of fragile bones and skin.
    If you think that you have total control of your car, think again! You don't, even formula 1 drivers don't (does anyone remember Ayrton Senna?).

Personally, I could care less if you wrap yourself and your car around an inanimate object (a wall, or by all means a tree - most trees live to tell the tale) because you lost control of it. You had your life in your hands (literally), so if you f*ck up, you gotta pay the price. What I absolutely hate is the fact that the idiot drivers almost always hurt others - people who drove carefully and had no business being involved.

In other words: If you want to go crazy with your car, don't do it on public roads! Rent a race track, or try private land!

Peachy

Darkfinn

another dumbass kid with a fast car... you expected something less?

i know this is a stretch, but i think all major cities should have a public race track or drag strip area these invisakids can play at. get them off the streets and onto cheap or free racing areas.
    i think we did this in san diego after too many people were illegally street racing at night and causing very tragic accidents. also, local gangs and betting rings started to get into it and made it even more dangerous. so a handful of local racers, policed, and concerned parents got together and used the local football stadium to hold races. from what i've heard it was great and there was a special day where you could race an actual police cruiser with it's lights on to get that feeling you were being chased .
    there's so many ways to think these things through.

Darkfinn

It's not a stretch...

it's something we street racers have been begging the govts for for a long time now...

"street legal" drags on closed off roads happen some out in cali... but not anywhere else...

if you want to do something you can always team up with your local amateur racing club like the SCCA.