Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: idea for diaper lock device

Default idea for diaper lock device

I started thinking on what I could make for AB/DLs. Suddenly when I remembered that some of you like to have your diapers locked. It is quite annoying to be unable to change as soon as you wet so I came up with a solution.

I would utilize a magnetic lock small enough for the applicative use of plastic pants or a diaper cover and by using that one device for bedwetting alarms. the device will keep your diaper locked till you wet.

the magnetic lock once in place and held in place by a small power source like a battery that lasts a long time will stay locked until the moisture detector detects enough moisture to break the circuit and unlock your diaper

give me some feedback on this idea or maybe help improve upon it if you'd like

Wow, that would be a really great product, this is the kind of things I would try to design myself if I had the knowledge to do it, but I would recommend a safety emergency removal technique, a key that you can always reach easy to take theses things off, you never know when you would need to get theses things off in some situations, better be safe than sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBaby View Post
    Wow, that would be a really great product, this is the kind of things I would try to design myself if I had the knowledge to do it, but I would recommend a safety emergency removal technique, a key that you can always reach easy to take theses things off, you never know when you would need to get theses things off in some situations, better be safe than sorry...
    well I could make one if I can get my hands on the right components. I took an electronics class in college and so far building this stuff is easy, I can make a schematic of the circuit. Oh and adding an emergency key system would be easy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Sounds awesome and wonderful.
    it sure does ^_^
    and to add a bit more fun I could install a time delay system so once you are wet you must a set amount of time before the lock is released

As an engineering student I would say that the emergency key would be a great idea. I also want to know if you mean that the electrical system would keep it locked or if it would unlock it? If it requires power to unlock, I think that could be dangerous.

I have this funny scene in my head where the battery dies after you lock it, you wet, but it doesn't unlock... You're out of batteries so you have to run to the store to buy more in a wet diaper. Then, imagine if you messed! Muahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeythevulpix View Post
    give me some feedback on this idea or maybe help improve upon it if you'd like
    A lock on a diaper itself isn't going to be terribly effective. Locking the zip on some footed jammies on the other hand, seems much more doable.

The electronic unlock mechanism would be much bulkier than the actual electronics though.

ASC is selling lockable footed jammies reasonably. I could imagine combining the electronics with a simple bluetooth transmitter, to send a signal to a nearby box. (on your dresser etc) The box contains the key to unlock your jammies for a change. That would shrink the wearable part of your gear considerably, and save you from trying to cobble up a wearable locking mechanism. You could request a spare key to store somewhere else as a backup. I'd recommend freezing it in a small block of ice, kept in your freezer. (put the key in a 1L plastic bottle, fill 75% with water, freeze)

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    A lock on a diaper itself isn't going to be terribly effective. Locking the zip on some footed jammies on the other hand, seems much more doable.

The electronic unlock mechanism would be much bulkier than the actual electronics though.

ASC is selling lockable footed jammies reasonably. I could imagine combining the electronics with a simple bluetooth transmitter, to send a signal to a nearby box. (on your dresser etc) The box contains the key to unlock your jammies for a change. That would shrink the wearable part of your gear considerably, and save you from trying to cobble up a wearable locking mechanism. You could request a spare key to store somewhere else as a backup. I'd recommend freezing it in a small block of ice, kept in your freezer. (put the key in a 1L plastic bottle, fill 75% with water, freeze)
    That should be something.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    ASC? What company is that, and can you provide a link?

the device itself would be more likely in a diaper cover or be made into a lockable harness or strap