Thread: What do you think?

Default What do you think?

Hey everyone. So im not sure if there is a thread for this yet but i know theres plenty of ones related to it. Ive always wondered if it was possible to give this stuff up completelyand not have it bother you again.

Ive been a little as far back as i can remember so its never been something ive thought about, it makes me happy and brings me peace amd doesnt hurt others so why worry about it. But im sure theres others that feel differently, for some of us it can seem to ruin our lives. I think this is something that should be discussed, not for us but for the thousands of kids that are confused when they find about this side of themselves. Im a firm believer in self acceptance and love so im pretty set in my views on the sbject but im curious what the rest of you think.

I don't really know what I'd call myself RE: AB-stuff, but I know that being a DL is something I definitely feel it would be impossible for me to give up. In fact I have tried numerous times to walk away from it, and always found myself coming back to it. Some nights I would pray I wouldn't have any more interest in diapers when I woke up the next morning... of course, I always did!

I have managed to successfully 'give it up' for a total of 3 months, having 0 (or perhaps very repressed) DL thoughts during that time. However they always came back with a passion after a purge.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalParrot View Post
    I don't really know what I'd call myself RE: AB-stuff, but I know that being a DL is something I definitely feel it would be impossible for me to give up. In fact I have tried numerous times to walk away from it, and always found myself coming back to it. Some nights I would pray I wouldn't have any more interest in diapers when I woke up the next morning... of course, I always did!

I have managed to successfully 'give it up' for a total of 3 months, having 0 (or perhaps very repressed) DL thoughts during that time. However they always came back with a passion after a purge.
    When were you happier?

Technically you could give up anything. Monks do it, but i don't want to be a monk. You can give up sports, arts, video games, tv, fancy living, smoking, drinking. Some people give up eating, and they starve themselves, some people give up breathing, some people give up on gravity and go into space instead. Humans are particularly good at doing things that they are determined to do, so actually giving up something that you are determined to give up isn't so much a question of if you can, its a question of if you really want to, and if it is going to be a mentally healthy choice for you to make. Doing something like giving up breathing, is not a very good mental choice, nor physical.

Trying to give up something like infantilism usually seems to turn out to be a huge mental challenge, and physically exhausting. My thoughts for why, is because i think it is just a part of who you are, at least for most people anyway. So if you were a fanatic for sports, it would be like trying to force yourself never to play, watch, talk about, or even entertain thoughts about sports, for the rest of your life. Now if there was a good enough reason to go through with it, then i'm sure you can do it, otherwise, it might not be worth it.

CrinklySiren

Personally, my little side is the culmination of maybe every single emotion i have ever felt. It has brought me great euphoria and at the same time has also brought me crippling sadness. I'e gone through ups and downs of proud perseverance and broken despair... And I would even dare say ive experienced both happiness and sadness through all mentioned mediums brought forth by several people. Ive had feelings of guilt and shame and feeling like Im a freak who deserves to die, ive had feelings of pride where I felt that this was the thing that made me the kind hearted person I am and how the world would benefit from a person like me. But if there is one thing that I can confirm is that there is one situation that has brought me both emotions, and its loneliness. A lot of the times, loneliness alone can be enough to bring up feelings of guilt and shame and denial.. because how can you feel safe in a world where you think no one understands or feels the same way...

There came a point in my life where I felt like i wanted to kill myself because I felt hideous and painfully alone, i couldn't find friendships and i hated the lack of support i was getting... It almost led me to suicide. Luckily, since then i have met some wonderful people both vanilla and little who have made my emotional ride so much more bearable, sometimes i get odd-thoughts but i tend to shrug them off. But I will say this: i would never want to give up this side of me because i truly do feel its a pillar of my personality among others. I've tried giving it up and not only did it not work, but it made me irritable, uncompromising, cruel and just a total bitch to anyone who crossed me in any way... my marriage was failing, my friendships were failing, i didnt trust anyone, i hated everything, and i couldnt concentrate ate work or at school, my depression was at its highest levels... and at times i would look at this part of me and think "why cant i just be normal, im an idiot for letting this cripple me so badly" but then i realized its because I was denying myself a part of myself for no reason, i was fighting my mind on something that it disagreed with.. WHY was I torturing myself for the benefit of others? At this point i chose to be purposefully selfish for the first time and say "my happiness matters, and if you cant see that im still the same person and im not hurting anyone, no one is forcing you to stick around".

Honestly though, i dont think anyone should give up this side of them.. we are unique and special and there are too many so-called "normal" or "pseudo-normal" people in the world making it difficult for people who just want to be happy with who they are.

Honestly though, i dont think anyone should give up this side of them.. we are unique and special and there are too many so-called "normal" or "pseudo-normal" people in the world making it difficult for people who just want to be happy with who they are.[/QUOTE]

A++ if i could give a higher grade i would.