Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: Stroller pushchair suggestion

  1. #1

    Default Stroller pushchair suggestion

    Hi everyone!
    Having been playing for a long time adult baby fantasies involving seating in a stroller and knowing how hard or expensive it is to get one that adults will fit in, I just want to let you know that if you are a relatively small adult like me 5'6" and 140 lbs. you can easily fit in a very popular baby stroller made by Maclaren and called XLR.
    You can find them used on Ebay or Craigslist for about $100.
    I have one and I love it.
    it is the real thing :-)

    This is my first post in the forum and thought of offering some help to those that have similar fantasies.

    xoxo
    Last edited by 2kinky; 30-Sep-2013 at 18:23.

  2. #2

    Default

    Sounds cute, I'm a bit to tall for that unfortunately... It sounds really fun, glad it works for you.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by 2kinky View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Having been playing for a long time adult baby fantasies involving seating in a stroller and knowing how hard or expensive it is to get one that adults will fit in, I just want to let you know that if you are a relatively small adult like me 5'6" and 150 lbs. you can easily fit in a very popular baby stroller made by Maclaren and called XLR.
    You can find them used on Ebay or Craigslist for about $100.
    I have one and I love it.
    it is the real thing :-)

    This is my first post in the forum and thought of offering some help to those that have similar fantasies.

    xoxo
    Great, glad you can fit!

    The larger "special needs" strollers you can find on Craigslist as well...

    You should also post an introduction...

    B

  4. #4

    Default

    Welcome! Yes, please do post an intro in that forum as Bigbabybret suggested. Nice to find another new person who appreciates using a stroller. Maclaren makes some really good strollers. Even though my legs are too long for the footrest and head too high to fit under the hood, I still enjoy sitting in my baby strollers and prams.

    ~Pramrider

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    Welcome! Yes, please do post an intro in that forum as Bigbabybret suggested. Nice to find another new person who appreciates using a stroller. Maclaren makes some really good strollers. Even though my legs are too long for the footrest and head too high to fit under the hood, I still enjoy sitting in my baby strollers and prams.

    ~Pramrider
    Hey,

    You have an adult one yet?

    I know you have a boatload of them and collect them...

    Just curious if you've found an adult or special needs one you really fit in...

    My cx-18 is great, although haven't used it lately, and also haven't been out lately either...

    Anyhow, I'm fairly sure I could fit easily into the cx-16 as well...

    But, I will say its amazing you really can't tip yourself over or get into any trouble when buckled in...it's way more restrictive that you'd think and at least for me way more comfortable than a standard wheelchair...

    I haven't tried a child one at least since I've grow to adult size...

    I'm sure there are a few I may fit in...I'm 5'-11" and 230#

    B

  6. #6

    Default

    As I'm the same height as you that intrests me a lot that you can fit in it. I would love to have a stroller but would only invest in one if I had someone to push me :/

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by 2kinky View Post
    you can easily fit in a very popular baby stroller made by Maclaren and called the XLR.
    Anyone else start thinking cars when you read that?

    At just shy of 6 feet I doubt I'll fit in any though. Suggestions?

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AbriForm View Post
    Anyone else start thinking cars when you read that?

    At just shy of 6 feet I doubt I'll fit in any though. Suggestions?
    Well, your in my height range...I was just over 6' now I'm 5'11" after destroying a windshield and such with my head...

    Anyhow, I actually have a few car seats around...have kids around too...

    Largest is a britax frontier if memory serves me...think rated for 85# ... I can't even think of fitting...

    Our 9yo still fits in it nicely...my gf asked if he wants to use the regular seat...he Keeps saying no...so it's still in use...in all fairness he only weight maybe 60#.

    If your looking for something for a car ride you'll have to look into racing seats and belts...

    B

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Hey,

    You have an adult one yet?

    I know you have a boatload of them and collect them...

    Just curious if you've found an adult or special needs one you really fit in...

    My cx-18 is great, although haven't used it lately, and also haven't been out lately either...

    Anyhow, I'm fairly sure I could fit easily into the cx-16 as well...

    But, I will say its amazing you really can't tip yourself over or get into any trouble when buckled in...it's way more restrictive that you'd think and at least for me way more comfortable than a standard wheelchair...

    I haven't tried a child one at least since I've grow to adult size...

    I'm sure there are a few I may fit in...I'm 5'-11" and 230#

    B
    I think there are some jogging/AT type baby/toddler strollers you could still fit in. They have higher published weight limits than regular strollers, too. I'm just partial to the actual baby/toddler size stroller models and have a *thing* for being able to fit in them. Ditto for other baby sized furnishings as well. So, adult sized strollers and other items just don't do anything for me. They do serve a need for the AB with a larger build who wants to actually fully use them, wants something having the baby-ish look and feel, and also wants the comfort that comes with something sized for a larger person.

    ~Pramrider

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    I think there are some jogging/AT type baby/toddler strollers you could still fit in. They have higher published weight limits than regular strollers, too. I'm just partial to the actual baby/toddler size stroller models and have a *thing* for being able to fit in them. Ditto for other baby sized furnishings as well. So, adult sized strollers and other items just don't do anything for me. They do serve a need for the AB with a larger build who wants to actually fully use them, wants something having the baby-ish look and feel, and also wants the comfort that comes with something sized for a larger person.

    ~Pramrider
    Cool,

    I haven't really tried many kid sized items much at all...

    Remember I used to be 6'1" and 365# wearing a 56-58 jacket...I had to special order a tux for my brothers wedding...I still sorta have the mindset that I'm that big...

    I get the want for "real" baby gear...I see that as well...

    Now as for my stroller...I do use it out and about...quite a bit...

    Been out for the day at parks, malls, going to shops in town...etc...

    I have a regular wheelchair too...but, besides it being more a stroller, it's way more comfy too...

    I may "fit" into the other strollers but are the comfortable for say 5-7 hours...

    Last time I went to the park it was a whole day type of deal, other times we may even tent out as well...

    I used to hike, hell, even climbed a couple of mountains, still have my carbon fiber harness, not sure where my axe is though I'm not going to need it anytime soon anyhow...

    Anyhow, back on topic, OP you still with us?

    B

Similar Threads

  1. have you ever wanted to either sit on or have a pushchair ?
    By tennismad in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 26-Aug-2013, 04:18
  2. My new stroller
    By bn3baby in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15-May-2013, 14:14
  3. Our stroller
    By Luierjongens in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 13-Mar-2013, 04:20
  4. Vintage Stroller
    By pamperchu in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-Sep-2012, 04:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.