Thread: So i got a case of the dry's

Talking So i got a case of the dry's

Right so on sunday i finally couldnt take my depends any more, so i asked my mom if she would order the dry 24/7's 4 me. I was shocked at how fast they got here, they shipped out monday, and got here on tuesday. YAY!!!! So yah... the box they come in is HUGE (ill post pics when i get a chance) and there is nothing on the box that would really give away what was in it, other than "dry care" on the shipping label.
    So i opened them and took one out, and they didn't look that super thick either. When i went to open the diaper. i didn't realize how wide the padding inside was. so with all that between my legs it did kinda feel thicker than the abena mediums im used to. Also it was nice that since i wet constantly it did keep me nice and dry, it didnt realy seem to keep the pee next to my skin, thankfully. I was able to wear my first one from like 5 last night till like 6 this am, so i was super happy with that, the only problem that i had so far was the tapes on the left side popping off in the middle of the night, but i was able to re tape it.
    Over all i think that these are really good diapers, especially for there current price, and if they stay close to the price there at now, i think ill be wearing these for a long time.

Ever since being introduced to these by DarkFinn's post, I've found these the most absorbent diapers I've tried.

I'm glad to hear they're working out; as h200420012 indicates, either duct tape or packing tape should help bond the tapes down to the plastic. However, as the plastic on these is so soft, I see these as a "one shot to get tape positioning right" diaper.

Anyway - happy holidays!

Yeah... I just* put one on, missed the initial taping and ended up with a ripped tab... so I put ductape on it.

Yah, the dry's are good. However, I still think the Abena X pluses are much better.

~Johnathon~

Default .

So i wore one today and it held all day absorbency wise, i had a lil bit of a problem though when i had to get them off to poop, i tore a hole in the plastic . although i was lucky because im friends with the librarian and she gave me some packing tape lol. and i did notice that it did fall apart a little bit in the upper front part of the diaper. it was weird though because it wasnt where it was wet. But any way, i love these so far, only 70 left though

DannyTheNinja

Do post pics, it'd be a great thing to have for the wiki. Some good things to take pictures of would be:

• The whole box
    • The shipping label
    • A folded, pristine diaper
    • A diaper unfolded and stretched out as if you were about to put it on (make sure you can see the padding)

If you can, use a tripod or at least your flash, but don't fret too much if you can't use either. Good things do come to those who add to the soup.

Congrats on the successful order.

--Danny
    Last edited by DannyTheNinja; 17-Dec-2008 at 23:04. Reason: linked to the wrong post

I really liked the drys, however like you have stated the tapes do rip a bit if not positioned or you attempt to take them off. I have found the only decent diaper I have found for re-taping thus far are the secure plus briefs, you can undo and redo them a million times.

I have so that for the money the drys are pretty awesome and probably will continue to use them as a night diaper, but if I decide at any point to use diapers in day, i will be using secure plus brief primarily for the reason of going #2.

Good luck with the rest of your box, my advice is to seat both bottom tapes before the tops.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Ever since being introduced to these by DarkFinn's post, I've found these the most absorbent diapers I've tried.

I'm glad to hear they're working out; as h200420012 indicates, either duct tape or packing tape should help bond the tapes down to the plastic. However, as the plastic on these is so soft, I see these as a "one shot to get tape positioning right" diaper.

Anyway - happy holidays!
    The only thing is, for real incontinence, duct tape can get old fast. Call me lazy myself, but I hate having to work on a diaper before I wear it...Now do that a few times a day, every day....

Quote Originally Posted by blues_clues_baby View Post
    I really liked the drys, however like you have stated the tapes do rip a bit if not positioned or you attempt to take them off. I have found the only decent diaper I have found for re-taping thus far are the secure plus briefs, you can undo and redo them a million times.
    I've actually been wearing the new cloth backed Attends a lot lately, and their tapes seem to go on for at least a long time. When I'm at home, I usually put them to the test with all the runs to the washroom so I don't have any leaks (not from the diaper I mean ). Those tapes though are made for sticking to the cloth-like material on the outside of the diaper, and they never actually come pre-attached to any sticky area that would keep normal plastic tapes sticky...There isn't one, and there isn't a need for it. I'm sure they save a lot of returns for tapes being off because of that, as it doesn't really matter where they land, it's meant to be unstuck from there and adjusted, and readjusted several times if necessary. IMO, they don't quiet give as much absorbancy as a abena, but I don't need it myself, and they're cheaper, quieter, trimmer, and fit me pretty well. (And no upping the size to medium because I'm in between sizes either!) The smalls fit perfect. Unfortunately I never got to try the original ones and the shipper in Canada has all the disreet measures necesary, but leaves the hand slots completely open, lol.

Still, if the shipping wasn't so bad, and they would actually ship in case quantities to Canada, I'd probably try the dry 24/7s.

I am going to order a pack of these soon. I've been on the purge for the last 3 months or so, and haven't touched so much as a pull-up in that time. Now however, I'm starting to get in the mood again, and I am yet to try these so giving them a hot sounds like a fine idea. What better way to kick it off than with something new, right? I can even look past the colors with all the good things I've heard about them.

I do have a minor peeve with these, however. I've heard many people complain that these tend to leak out the front, which is bad as I am a side/stomach sleeper. Does anyone here have any experience with that?