Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby is still afraid of Thunderstorms

Default Baby is still afraid of Thunderstorms

We had a thunderstorm the other night and I realized when I'm on my baby-side I'm still afraid of them. I never did like them as a kid.

When I was 11 I was caught in one on a golf course. It came up out of no where. Thunder, Lightning and wind. I was a caddie and found out that trying to run with a golf bag is useless. There were two of us caddies, and we both ditched the golf bags and run.

Glad I was soaked form the rain, That way no one knew that I had wet my pants during all this.

The storm the other night I ended up pulling the covers up over my head so I didn't see the lightning. There one bolt of lightning that had to be close, seen the flash even under the covers, and heard the thunder about the same time. Glad I was diapered for bed because when that happened I wet.

You might think that some one would out grow that, I never did.

Of course I think most babies are afraid of storms.

I'm not afraid of thunderstorms, and in fact, I enjoy some of them, but after the derecho of 2012, I'm leery of what comes up out of the northwest. Lynchburg was decimated by this storm, something they used to call a wind sheer. Several house were completely destroyed, and we went without electricity for seven days, with temperatures around 100 every day. A year later, one still sees downed trees.

I'm sure I was afraid of thunderstorms as a baby, but I do not recall.

As far as I can remember, I loved thunderstorms. Especially if the rain was heavy enough to make a sound on the roof. Unfortunately, I now live in a house with standard asphalt shingles and roofing and in a heavy rain, I can hear the rain. However, it just isn't the same as the sound on a clay tile roof (like the one where I was as a young child).

I am afraid of thunderstorms to. I talked to my mom about moving downstairs again, where I couldn't hear the heavy pounding rain on the roof or really loud thunder . She agreed and didn't ask why, now I have a room twice the size !

I have always loved thunderstorms.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    We had a thunderstorm the other night and I realized when I'm on my baby-side I'm still afraid of them. I never did like them as a kid.

When I was 11 I was caught in one on a golf course. It came up out of no where. Thunder, Lightning and wind. I was a caddie and found out that trying to run with a golf bag is useless. There were two of us caddies, and we both ditched the golf bags and run.

Glad I was soaked form the rain, That way no one knew that I had wet my pants during all this.

The storm the other night I ended up pulling the covers up over my head so I didn't see the lightning. There one bolt of lightning that had to be close, seen the flash even under the covers, and heard the thunder about the same time. Glad I was diapered for bed because when that happened I wet.

awww dont feel bad kenny. i dont like thnderstorms either. i have never wet myself coz of one but nonetheless they scare the quite a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by tennismad View Post
    awww dont feel bad kenny. i dont like thnderstorms either. i have never wet myself coz of one but nonetheless they scare the quite a lot too.
    I have always had a problem with wetting when I upset or scared.

I have always had a problem with wetting when I upset or scared.
    is it possible that when hyour in the depths of fear your bladder control goes out the window and thats why you wet ?

just a thought ?

wonder if im losing control a bit as well.

i would have to say like them i find them exciting and some time very pretty to watch

I myself do not tolerate thunder and lightning, especially at night.