Thread: For those of us whose significant other joined this sight too. Has it brought you closer?

Default For those of us whose significant other joined this sight too. Has it brought you closer?

Ever since my wife has joined us on here, I can honestly say she understands me more now than before she joined and I was trying to explain it all myself. Due to this, it has brought us closer together as a couple. I was just wondering if the same thing has happened for everyone else that has had their significant other join? Tell me your story.

to start off no, none of my friends or SO have joined here nor have i asked them too. I am very glad that you and your wife will get to share this bond together and im glad your happy and shes beginning to understand you better. Im not trying to make you uncomfortable or doubtful, but shes only been here a week. Give it some more time to see how things work out, see if she really hangs in there and how it really affects your relationship long term, before you come to a conclusion. I know your excited and really happy things are working out so far, but the two of you still have a long time and some hardships to get through first before you'll truly know how this has affected your marriage. Once again though I'm so glad its working out for you so far, and that shes such a good spouse to want to know more and understand you better. I hope for the very best for both of you, and that all of y'alls wishes may come true.

I know there are others on this site whose spouses have joined and made an account. Though my wife knows and supports my little side, she chose not to join. I think she wants me to have my own place and space on this site, where I can say personal things which she won't be seeing. I respect the fact that she wants me to have my privacy on adisc. I also think she really doesn't have an interest coming here, so it works for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I know there are others on this site whose spouses have joined and made an account. Though my wife knows and supports my little side, she chose not to join. I think she wants me to have my own place and space on this site, where I can say personal things which she won't be seeing. I respect the fact that she wants me to have my privacy on adisc. I also think she really doesn't have an interest coming here, so it works for us.
    that's cool too, your wife is awesome for giving you your own space i just like to include mine cause i love doing everything with her and i tell her everything anyway so i don't really need the space. but everyone is different and that is what makes this sight so great, to see others and to learn from them

Quote Originally Posted by babymike1985 View Post
    that's cool too, your wife is awesome for giving you your own space i just like to include mine cause i love doing everything with her and i tell her everything anyway so i don't really need the space. but everyone is different and that is what makes this sight so great, to see others and to learn from them
    Oh definitely. Everyone has different kinds of relationships with their SO. In my case, ADISC became a way of coping with the pressure of my wife's illness. She's called ADISC my second family. I once said to her that I couldn't imagine living very long after her passing, but she said I would survive because of my friends here on this site. Perhaps she's right.

I just joined a few days ago, my boyfriend has been here for a bit im mostly looking for cute little tricks and maybe a bit of advice on how to improve our ab/lb relationship. i like talking to other caregivers and seeing how I differ in "parenting" style. so if anyone has any tips send them my way!