Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drinking Similac...

Default Drinking Similac...

So the other day I went to the store and bought some ready to drink Similac. Needless to say when I finally drank my first taste from my bottle I thought it was ok but kind of odd tasting. Well by the time I was about half through, (this was a 9oz bottle mind you) I swear to god I wanted to throw up. I held my composure and finished it off. Needless to say I dumped the rest of the container. It had the worst after taste and I couldn't get rid of it for near 5 hours. Nasty stuff.
    So what are your formula horror stories?

Just get milk yo. You are a grown adult you don't need what's in the baby formula. There is NO reason to drink it.

had a simular experiance last time i tried baby food. I opened the container, got one wiff of it and ended up dumping it down the garbage disposal while trying not to throw up all over my kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by KawaiiBabyjenni View Post
    So the other day I went to the store and bought some ready to drink Similac. Needless to say when I finally drank my first taste from my bottle I thought it was ok but kind of odd tasting. Well by the time I was about half through, (this was a 9oz bottle mind you) I swear to god I wanted to throw up. I held my composure and finished it off. Needless to say I dumped the rest of the container. It had the worst after taste and I couldn't get rid of it for near 5 hours. Nasty stuff.
    So what are your formula horror stories?
    Haha....now we know why babies cry!

My wife has gotten me Gerber's baby peaches and those taste really good. If you get baby food, go for the fruit. Our nephew loved blueberry buckle for years. I think he'd still eat it.

My wife uses Gerber baby food apricots to bake apricot bread during the Christmas season. It makes the bread very moist.

Having recently had a baby, I got the chance to smell formula...well I cant stand the smell no way I would taste it. Thanks for taking one for the team.

I drink Similac occasionally for the experience. As someone else mentioned, the minerals and vitamins in Similac are different from what adults need. It is also expensive.

With that said, it does taste 'different', but I didn't think it was all that bad. I certainly do not drink it all the time, but occasionally I do.

As to an aftertaste -- I don't recall any. However, I am a picky eater -- as in I eat pretty much all day long - a mouthful here, a mouthful there -- so maybe I just washed the taste out of my mouth soon after drinking Similac.

Also you got be careful on the iron in baby forumla reason it can hurt you just like if a baby get to much so alway check labels before drinking this stuff.

yuck baby milk yuck! i remember my auntie tricking me into trying some. "it just tastes like milk with sugar in" it doesnt! my auntie found it funny to trick me, she also got me to try baby food. "its like like spag bol mashed up" but i LOVE baby rusk biscuits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!