Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is (was) your favourite carnival ride?

Default What is (was) your favourite carnival ride?

The title pretty much says it all.

For me, I guess, when I was very small I liked the carousel (merry-go-round) then I developed motion sickness and could only ride on the ferris wheel (even tho' I'm afraid of heights)...I think now I'd probably just steer clear of all rides.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    The title pretty much says it all.

For me, I guess, when I was very small I liked the carousel (merry-go-round) then I developed motion sickness and could only ride on the ferris wheel (even tho' I'm afraid of heights)...I think now I'd probably just steer clear of all rides.
    Those two rides plus the scrambler. I always make a point of riding all three at a carnival. The local fire departments usually have carnivals throughout the Summer months and have those rides set up.

~Pramrider

Go-karts. And the huge slides that you go down in a sack.

I was once asked to leave the track because my idiot friend hit my go-kart and I spun out on the track. Ah, memories...

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Bumper cars, I still love them.
    Do bumper cars have trailers too in the NL?

I have no clue what my favorite ride is - I rarely go on any these days because they're too expensive.

Peachy

My favorite: The Gravitron. So very fun. Here's a vid. If you've been to a county fair, I'm sure you've seen this thing even if it was under a different name. Starship is common too:

YouTube - Gravitron Carnival Ride

I like to get on that thing, and lay upside down, or do situps or something. A lot of fun, and also healthy.

My least favorite:The Superloop, without contestation.

For those of you who do not know what the Superloop is, I found this video.

YouTube - Super Loop

But that is just a baby one. That one would be fun. The one I'm talking about is at my local county fair. It is at least 50 foot high and sways the entire time. IT SWAYS. And it scares the holy hell out of everyone who gets on it. Not many ride that thing. Usually its just people who were curious about it, and thought "hey, what the hell?" I doubt it gets many repeat customers.

Anyway, I rode it once, nearly had a heart attack cause I was convinced the entire thing was going to crumble at any second and kill me the whole time.
    Last edited by Drosera; 16-Dec-2008 at 21:42.

I mght say bumper cars or go karts, I like them for being interactive.

I never really go to carnivals. Don't really see them very often round here - but then that could be because I don't happen to adventure towards places where carnivals happen. Also, I'm fairly sure I wouldn't enjoy it all to much, and they're all overpriced.

However, I still really like rides, at theme parks and stuff. I don't have a favourite though, I just enjoy pretty much anything.