Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is why i'm proud to be an american

Default This is why i'm proud to be an american

Bush sneaks through host of laws to undermine Obama | World news | The Observer
    Thank you George W. Bush for upholding the needs of all American citizens everywhere.

Korey

America SUCKS

Did you see all those sources the website gave!! Oh that's right they didn't list any source information therefor they didn't prove what they are claiming. Its exactly like some people here calling Deeker a pedophile yet when they are asked for proof they offer none whatsoever.

Really when you claim something put up the evidence for it please.

Well, Bush didn't make the law(He can suggest it to a congressman as can any citizen), but he could have vetoed it...still not a good move though, guess I can't say I'm surprised though

Actually while Bush can not make laws, the executive branch does have a broad rule-making authority due to laws passed by congress which this article is referring to. This is basically because Congress realizes that it can't pass laws for every little thing so they choose to delegate that power to the executive branch, however, what that article fails to mention is that it is just that, a delegation of power. This means that if Congress feel that the rules being enacted by the administration are horrendous then it can act to reverse those when it chooses. Also, to be fair, the Obama administration can also eventually reverse these rules, they just have to allow for a certain amount of "public review" time for comments and the like, basically I feel this article is really making a big deal about nothing, but the Guardian isn't exactly a paper that is known for its kind treatment of Bush.

Of course the other way a President can make rules is through Executive Orders, however those can be reversed immediately after Mr. Obama takes the Oath of Office so you probably won't see anyone making a big deal out of those.

As far as some of the rules, they might be unpopular, but I doubt you will see many dramatic effects since the environmental issues are long term projects and I doubt people will invest in them if they feel the Obama administration will reverse the rules as soon as possible, or congress might act even sooner to do so. As far as the health care issue allowing health care providers to opt-out of providing treatment in cases of moral or ethical conflict, is this really such a bad thing? As long as the provider directs the patient towards someone who would be willing to perform the procedure, and it is not an emergent issue, in which case there would be other federal laws requiring the health care team to treat the patient, is any harm done? While we all want the patient to receive the treatment they require, that should not be done at the cost of the health care provider having to always abandon their moral and ethical beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Did you see all those sources the website gave!! Oh that's right they didn't list any source information therefor they didn't prove what they are claiming. Its exactly like some people here calling Deeker a pedophile yet when they are asked for proof they offer none whatsoever.

Really when you claim something put up the evidence for it please.
    He owns the site. By most people's definition, the crap put on his site is very pedoish. Thats proof. If you say it isn't, then let me ask you what made MFH a pedo...Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyGrizzy View Post
    He owns the site. By most people's definition, the crap put on his site is very pedoish. Thats proof. If you say it isn't, then let me ask you what made MFH a pedo...Exactly.
    ...? really?
    That doesn't prove anything. What MFH did first of all doesn't mean he is a pedophile. There was things that he did that suggested he was attracted to children, but nothing that proved it. As for deeker. It's the same. Just because he condones the material on his website. That isn't proof that he is attracted to children.

there's an old rule believe nothing that you hear, and only half of what you see. this applies more than ever to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by stonemask55 View Post
    there's an old rule believe nothing that you hear, and only half of what you see. this applies more than ever to the internet.
    sort of like I can say "Kite is a pedophile."

I have just listed as much sources as the link Kite gave out has. So that must mean Kite is a pedophile. At least to Kite and Korey or anyone else who believes this without needing to see proof. (this was to make a point and I of course don't mean any of it.)