Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Energy drinks: your experience

Default Energy drinks: your experience

Including caffeine, but especially Monster, Redbull and all those sort. Do they work for you? How well? Any bad effects? I have made them sort of a regular thing but can't exactly pinpoint a definite effect

Well i would say what go's up must come down. Im not sure if they work for me but i do enjoy a good cup of coffee in the AM to start my day tho . Super Hugs. Leo

Those Energy Drinks have been known to cause harm. There have been people who have had unknown heart problems and who have ended up in the hospital . Would check with your Dr. before using them.

I get the jitters and shakes but nothing serious at all, I can stay up for awhile on a monster. Redbull does absolutely nothing to me at all. Usually go for the sugar free zero calorie monster works the same way as the regular stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooKiddo View Post
    I get the jitters and shakes but nothing serious at all, I can stay up for awhile on a monster. Redbull does absolutely nothing to me at all. Usually go for the sugar free zero calorie monster works the same way as the regular stuff.
    Because I have heart problems II can't use the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    Because I have heart problems II can't use the stuff.
    Yeah the stuff makes your heart pump faster, if you have any heart palpertations it can lead to congestive heart failure.

does the same shit to me as alcohol. impaired judgement, jitters, then a good crash afterwards.

I've tried:
    Red Bull
    Monster
    Amp
    5 hour energy
    Red bull shot
    Bawls 10 oz bottles and 16 oz cans

Red Bull gives me the least sugar crash, it tastes alright. 5 hour energy doesn't work as good as a 8 oz can of red bull but it does seem to help a little.

A full bottle of Bawls really gets me on edge and a Can of Bawls just makes me feel awful.

Monster, Amp have way to much sugar IMHO.

The Red Bull shot I tried in like summer 2010. I didn't know if it had any effect since we were going to Six Flags Magic Mountain. It's like drinking a 16 oz coffee right before you enter disneyland, you don't really need it.

my favorite energy drink is Full Throttle.

i tried them and stopped them back in the late 90s as the only reason i could see for them keeping me awake/aware (besides the awful tatse of 'taurine', which no amount of sugar can mask) was the annoying indigestion they caused.