Thread: hello, Damon here.

Default hello, Damon here.

I guess i'm supposed to introduce myself... i'm 28, i am a skinny shy and dark haired boy, writer and former jazz vocalist and i hope to find some nice people on this website. did i mention i'm currently single

Why are you a former jazz vocalist? Do you not sing anymore?

I'm gay too. I also like singers, would love to hear you sing. I try to and some of my friends love my singing, but hey I wouldn't dare go on a talent show!

no, i don't. 2 years ago i decided to take a break and now i just got used to being behind the curtains. and when a vocalist takes a break that means that his voice quality won't be the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by curiousperson View Post
    I'm gay too. I also like singers, would love to hear you sing. I try to and some of my friends love my singing, but hey I wouldn't dare go on a talent show!
    if you like singing, just do it, explore your voice, see what you like, meet some nice players and have fun. in time, after rehearsals you'll get the confidence do organize your own show.

talent shows? i don't really think they are really helping a singer to become better. on a show they want you to be commercial, they don't care if you have originality. they just like money, not music. the best way to become a good musician and entertainer is to start singing in bars and then moving up to different stages.

Hi, Damon,
    Welcome to the site. I've been on this site for three months (not literally) and I can say you should have a good time here. There are always chats about music, gay rights, politics and, of course, diapers which we all love. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums

thank you starrrunner

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BinkyNinja View Post
    hi! Jazz singer? Do you scat?
    if i feel like improvising, then yes