Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 132

Thread: The war in Syria

  1. #1

    Default The war in Syria

    Do you think Obama should do a missile strike on Syria? I hope congress votes and turns him
    down. In my opinion what he wants to do won't do any good.
    That's one civil war we need to stay out of.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Do you think Obama should do a missile strike on Syria? I hope congress votes and turns him
    down. In my opinion what he wants to do won't do any good.
    That's one civil war we need to stay out of.
    I have said in another thread that I believe military action is NOT the answer. However, I believe this calls for humanitarian aid and possibly military DEFENSE. Meaning, the military should not be going onto Syrian soil and shooting their troops for killing their own citizens. That's not right and surely would ignite a much larger conflict, possibly World War III in the worst case scenario. With the humanitarian aid, allow volunteers to help the victims and the targeted citizens as peaceful as they could with military troops near stationed in case of attack on humanitarian aid officials and volunteers.

    I'm not a hippy by all means, but it takes common sense to know war and violence is not the answer to violence.

  3. #3

    Default

    After hearing Donald Rumsfeld the other day my thoughts have done a 180. We do not know who launched the shells, and to attack the Syrian Government is not a good idea. The terrorist leaders have played us once already and got us to close the embassies because of a threat. There was some late evidence (Source BBC) that it was a hoaxes. Rumsfeld was implying that the terrorist may very well be playing us into action in an attempt to get an international uproar started. This would fall into a domino effect that would go down in the scenario of the start of WWI.

  4. #4

    Default

    I don't know with any certainty...who did what to whom...I do know that the images of people, especially children...convulsing to their presumed, and shown deaths...requires action against the attackers...

    I would hope, that as much certainty as can be made, to identify such attackers...is very thorough, and not rushed...

    I'm a reluctant-hippie, of sorts...war, and further violence is not my first choosing...but, it's not entirely out of the question for me either...

    My concern, would be that the USA, and/or others...may act in war...for nothing more than political, and/or monetary gains...under the guise of defending humanity...

    The crimes against humanity, that have been displayed via television, go beyond any acceptable tolerance for cultural differences...we need to know for certain...who is to be held accountable, and serve against them accordingly...

    -Marka

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    After hearing Donald Rumsfeld the other day my thoughts have done a 180. We do not know who launched the shells, and to attack the Syrian Government is not a good idea. The terrorist leaders have played us once already and got us to close the embassies because of a threat. There was some late evidence (Source BBC) that it was a hoaxes. Rumsfeld was implying that the terrorist may very well be playing us into action in an attempt to get an international uproar started. This would fall into a domino effect that would go down in the scenario of the start of WWI.
    have been at one time, part of the military that is in part responsible for gathering covert intelligence; i have a certain understanding that our leaders are party to vast amounts of such information that makes anything that i know these today, frankly, pitiful incomptete.

    because of this, i must make my decisions not on what i know about what is happening; but rather on what those who i trust say. that given, Donald Rumsfeld is in no way one of those persons i trust in any way shape or form. i would be way more likely to trust John Kerry....

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Do you think Obama should do a missile strike on Syria? I hope congress votes and turns him
    down. In my opinion what he wants to do won't do any good.
    That's one civil war we need to stay out of.
    The police should stay out of peoples own affairs too! How dare they intervene in any crime, especially murders!


    PEOPLE NEED TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES!


    ::sarcasm::

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by paciloverbaby3 View Post

    I'm not a hippy by all means, but it takes common sense to know war and violence is not the answer to violence.
    Its not "Violence" its been a war for 2 years and people have been feeling Syria in droves or staying put getting shelled by their own government.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    My concern, would be that the USA, and/or others...may act in war...for nothing more than political, and/or monetary gains...under the guise of defending humanity...
    What resources be in Syria that the US, Britain, France, etc could exploit. From what I'm hearing it produces less oil then Iraq and maybe even less then LA County.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    "..."..."
    - - - Updated - - -



    What resources be in Syria that the US, Britain, France, etc could exploit. From what I'm hearing it produces less oil then Iraq and maybe even less then LA County.
    IDK...but, if it should be a matter of...we'll do something just to be the 'good-guys'...that might fall under the political aspect... I don't effing know, who to believe about what...

    Bordering Iraq, may make for a decent allied position??



    From: Syria

    Syria–United States relations are the bilateral relations between Syria and the United States. Relations have often been tense. Priority issues between the two states include the Arab–Israeli conflict, the Golan Heights annexation, the Iraq War, and the Syrian civil war.

    According to the 2012 U.S. Global Leadership Report, through a poll conducted during the Syrian civil war, 29% of Syrians approve of U.S. leadership, with 40% disapproving and 31% uncertain.[1]

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    have been at one time, part of the military that is in part responsible for gathering covert intelligence; i have a certain understanding that our leaders are party to vast amounts of such information that makes anything that i know these today, frankly, pitiful incomptete.

    because of this, i must make my decisions not on what i know about what is happening; but rather on what those who i trust say. that given, Donald Rumsfeld is in no way one of those persons i trust in any way shape or form. i would be way more likely to trust John Kerry....
    I am certain that the leaders of the world do have more information then what is published. But I also question what exactly they know and when. I am not saying that what Donald Rumsfeld said is Gospel. But the unspoken tidbit that I based my thoughts on was the format in which he stated it. It was exactly the way my US History instructor in college said to look at things, i.e the lecture he did the day we went into Grenada.

    As far as whether to listen to Rumsfeld or Kerry I think this would be a good area to agree to disagree and move on. I am just attempting to look at this particular situation from more then one side of the "isle" or the other, but to look at it from multiple sides before we do something that can not be reversed.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by paciloverbaby3 View Post
    That's not right and surely would ignite a much larger conflict, possibly World War III in the worst case scenario.
    How in the world would American intervention in Syria lead to a WWIII?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    How in the world would American intervention in Syria lead to a WWIII?
    easy, usa bomb syria, syria bomb israel, we get pissed off and flat syria with nukes, then the world start war as a reslot, or we don't even need nukes, every time israel berps the world goes bananas, we got bombing on public buses and the world is ok with it, we go and aresst the ones who sent the bomb? they world say that we are doing a secand holocost, go figer, and israel don't even have to be invlove, russia just looking for a reson to get in war with the usa, the cold war isn't over, names changed, thats it, putin is that same ussr brain like stalin, he would look every were to start a war with the use, mostly cuse the usa made the ussr fall, with that actor raigen, soo it can easly start a huge war, my hope? syria won't acttak israel and we will be wacthing it all for the side lines, and if china will get in a huge war it may fix amrican econnmy, cuse china will need lots of fire arms that they or russia can't supply, big cash goes in usa, same if the arab world will get in syria as well, big deals into usa gov

Similar Threads

  1. Syria is apparently moving chemical weapons.
    By Auby in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16-Jul-2012, 18:44
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2012, 19:10
  3. Situation in Syria
    By Mashrawe3 in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-Mar-2012, 22:49
  4. Syria, Bashir Assad, and the Security Council's Resolution
    By BabyBodybuilder in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-Feb-2012, 21:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.