Thread: Going without diapers

Question Going without diapers

This is the biggest problem is trying to see it as a part of me and with me in my faith. I cant give up my faith because I would feel lost without something to hope for. I have tried several times giving up diapers and every time ending up buying them again. It is a warm comfort to wet a diaper. It is a struggle to accept that I enjoy it.

In high school I would constantly forget to go to the bathroom when I needed to. If you ask me how I can completely forget about the bladder discomfort I really could not answer your question. Truth is I have not the slightest clue except for the fact I was constantly under stress.

I am thinking of going without diapers 24/7 and not wear one for a certain length of time. Have any of you forced yourselves to do AB without the DL? What was it like and how long did you decide on going without diapers?

I've done it loads (for reasons of saving nappies, but also because my highly evolved paranoia thinks that people would sense that I may have been wearing in the last 24 hours). It isn't easy, but gets better as time wears by. However, you should allow yourself back if it's getting too much of a strain - if I were in your shoes, I'd find it a lot harder than I do at present.

I don't think being a DL and a Christian is an either/or scenario. You don't have to give up God or diapers. The two can coexist.

When I tried to quit diapers because I thought they were something God disliked, I made myself miserable. I think I went through what you did: stress, sadness, and finally giving in and buying them again. Only to hate myself again afterwards. And if you need them physically due to stress, I think that's a perfectly legitimate reason for them.

It may be, though, that you need to leave diapers for a little while to get a clear plan together. Being tossed and turned by urges will just leave you confused and lost. I think your idea of giving up diapers for a little while may be helpful. Set aside a week, with the promise that if you want them, you'll get some diapers after. This is the only way I've been able to put them aside: with the knowledge that I can come back to them after a while if I want to. Take the week to do some praying and thinking. Really ask God to show you what he wants - which I do think he'll do if you want an honest answer. Think - what role could diapers play in your life as a Christian? Could they help you to worship God, or to help others? I think they could, and they do in my case. They remind me of how little I am before God, and how much he loves me.

Take a week, not to quit forever, but to re-assess the role diapers play in your life. You may end up with a far clearer picture of what you should do, and your answer may be different than mine - we're different people, after all. But I think you would find it helpful to give the question an honest look, being open to any answer.

And as I've said before, send me a PM any time if you want to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    This is the biggest problem is trying to see it as a part of me and with me in my faith. I cant give up my faith because I would feel lost without something to hope for. I have tried several times giving up diapers and every time ending up buying them again. It is a warm comfort to wet a diaper. It is a struggle to accept that I enjoy it.
    I can't really see any contradiction between being an ABDL and Christian scripture - not that I take either of them too seriously, but you sound like a neurotic-kinda person to me Try as I might to convince you to stop worrying and enjoy life, if you've decided to take a break from diapers why not also take a break from religion? Come back after a few months or years with a new perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    I am thinking of going without diapers 24/7 and not wear one for a certain length of time. Have any of you forced yourselves to do AB without the DL? What was it like and how long did you decide on going without diapers?
    In late 2005 I removed myself from the ABDL community (and furry/BF too) for reasons I won't go into. I still had a modest stash of diapers that I purchased in 2004 that lasted me to mid-2007. After 2007 I often did have urges to wear, but 95% of the time they were satiated, frankly, by masturbating - the other 5% of the time "temptation" was too strong and I'd fold-up a bath towel in my pyjamas, then look-back and see how silly it seemed, then not do it again for a few months. By late-2009 I had reconnected with some old ABDL friends of mine and I got my first diapers by then, and it would have been almost 2.5 years since I last wore a proper diaper.

So it can be done - and I guess my reaction isn't atypical, so be-prepared. Maybe wean yourself down first?

kayley

I don't know what religion you are, but I also don't know of any religion that tells you what undies you can wear, or specifies where you must use the bathroom. Actually, I think all religions say about the same thing in regards to the area where your legs come together: "Keep it covered, and don't mate those parts with something you aren't going to marry."
    If you are following those guidelines and still feel ashamed or guilty, perhaps you should try to figure out specifically what rule you think you are breaking.

=^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by kayley View Post
    I don't know what religion you are, but I also don't know of any religion that tells you what undies you can wear, or specifies where you must use the bathroom. Actually, I think all religions say about the same thing in regards to the area where your legs come together: "Keep it covered, and don't mate those parts with something you aren't going to marry."
    If you are following those guidelines and still feel ashamed or guilty, perhaps you should try to figure out specifically what rule you think you are breaking.
    My guess is it's from the "masturbation is a sin"-school - assuming that the OP either equates diaper-wearing with masturbation, or involves masturbation with his diaper-play.

I understand it comes from an interpretation of the Tale of Onan (Gen ch. 38) where Onan has sex with his late brother's wife ("levirate marriage") at God's instruction, but pulls-out so he ejaculates on the floor rather than impregnating her - which pissed off God. The argument was that God disapproves of not using sperm for procreation, therefore masturbation and contraception are therefore sinful. The other interpretation is that God was mad that Onan disobeyed him in general, rather than at the specific act of spilling his seed on the floor - and even if God disapproved of ejaculating on the floor the act was coitus-interruptus, not masturbation-proper.

Given there's no other scripture that resembles anything criticising masturbation, and in fact, references to it exist that describe the act in neutral terms (e.g. Judges 3:24).

But this fuss that this thread is in is why I don't take religion seriously - surely if objective truth (e.g. "is masturbation wrong?") is subject to interpretation (i.e. this thread) then it can't be objective truth.

So yeah.

EDIT: After searching for Judges ch. 3 on the internet it's amusing at how many Bible translations euphemise the verse as "resting", "using the toilet", "attending to his needs", "private purpose", even "sleeping" - this is another reason why I don't take scripture seriously.

EDIT2: Ah, my favourite Bible verse of all, naturally the translators exercise a fair degree of artistic license here too: http://www.biblestudytools.com/ezeki...0-compare.html

Any religion which makes you feel unhappy with yourself or makes you feel like you have to choose between your faith and your personal comfort and happiness is not worth following.

Your wearing, wetting, and if applicable, enjoyment of diapers, sexual or otherwise, harms nobody, not even yourself.