Thread: Abu Diapers or Bambinos ?

Default Abu Diapers or Bambinos ?

Hello guys I need help to determine my choice of diapers. I'm in dilemma choosing which diaper is best or valued for money. Cute factors are secondary but I'm looking into practical use. I'm Asian, my waist size is 36 inches. I'm intending to buy the Abu super dry kids size L (20 pieces) $27.14 (US) or Abu cushies size L (20 pieces) $32.23 (US). I was wondering what is their shipping rate to international countries such as Singapore. I could not get my hands on bambinos but I'm able to buy it through Amazon with a price tag of $32.63 (US). size M. Therefore What is your advice on buying these diapers or it is not practical for paying such a high price for cuteness factor over practical use. I'm planing to go for Abena because if offered a more reasonable price that is gentle to my pocket. However maybe I can print some cartoons on a sticker paper and print it out and place it on my diapers, somehow it works with the cute factor that I'm looking for.

Cheers and hugs.

kayley

Hi! =^.^=

ABU are cute, but not very practical compared to Abena. The Bambino are actually a more practical diaper for overnight wearing, but you would need a bigger size with your 91cm waist.
    Depending on your gender and hip measurements, along with the thickness of your legs, I would guess a L, but likely an XL.

Yay another Asian :P, practical I would suggest the Bambino because they are thicker, and like kayley said "more practical diaper for overnight wearing". For bambino you can contact then via this page International : Bambino Diapers, The Best Source for ABDL Diapers and Products! and they will try to find a distributor in your area so they say. From looking at the ABU website it looks like they ship to asia, but i'm not sure what the price is. You might be able to find ABU diapers cheaper in asia, maybe. Overall if you can't get either ABU or Bambino's, Abena are good too.

Quote Originally Posted by lilaznboy View Post
    Yay another Asian :P, practical I would suggest the Bambino because they are thicker, and like kayley said "more practical diaper for overnight wearing". For bambino you can contact then via this page International : Bambino Diapers, The Best Source for ABDL Diapers and Products! and they will try to find a distributor in your area so they say. From looking at the ABU website it looks like they ship to asia, but i'm not sure what the price is. You might be able to find ABU diapers cheaper in asia, maybe. Overall if you can't get either ABU or Bambino's, Abena are good too.
    Thank you for the advice, I have given it a long thought that I would go for Abena M4, because it more practical and pocket friendly, maybe next time I would go for Bambinos. or ABU

I go through at least a case of Bambinos a month. IMO, they just can't be beaten when factoring in quality, performance, aesthetics, and price reasonableness. I've tried basically every brand of premium diapers out there, but I keep returning to Bambinos as my absolute favorite option, all things considered.

I also have a newfound appreciation for SDKs after buying a case last week. Bone stock, they're pretty useless -- leaking after just a couple small wettings. Absolutely woeful. That said, if you use a Total Dry Boost Up, they are completely transformed into an INCREDIBLY good product that stands toe-to-toe with the best. The tapes are absolutely bulletproof, and the standing leg guards are extremely deep. That means no unexpected leaks -- no matter what you throw at them. The fact that they're adorable to boot positions them damn near at the top of my list for best AB/DL diaper.

The caveat obviously being ONLY if you use them with a booster pad.

I guess it depends on your preference. Price-wise, they're roughly in the same ballpark. In my case, as a 24/7 user, I need a reliable source of diapers. ABU's inconsistent and slapdash supply chain of late is a big reason why I tend to favor Bambinos. If SDKs were available all the time, I'd probably stock more of them, but I hate waiting 4-6 weeks after placing an order for them to ship due to some nebulous "special offer" terms that are basically a smokescreen for supply chain deficiencies.

Edit: Also -- if being "pocket friendly" is a factor, just note that Abena M4s are VERY thick. By contrast, ABU SDKs are about half the thickness out of the package, so you could probably obscure them a little easier in a large coat pocket, purse, or tote bag. Obviously, they thicken up if you add a booster pad as I described above. Bambinos (Classico, Teddy, Bianco) lie somewhere between SDKs and M4s on the thickness spectrum. Bellissimos, however, are STUPID thick and probably a little tough to hide.

If you're concerned about "practicality" -- I guess my opinion is that if a diaper does its job reliably and effectively, it is a practical product. Again -- Bambinos fit the bill in this capacity right out of the box. They're not just for cute role play -- they are damned good at being real, functional, "practical" diapers too. :-)
    Last edited by PaddedPat; 30-Aug-2013 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPat View Post
    I go through at least a case of Bambinos a month. IMO, they just can't be beaten when factoring in quality, performance, aesthetics, and price reasonableness. I've tried basically every brand of premium diapers out there, but I keep returning to Bambinos as my absolute favorite option, all things considered.

I also have a newfound appreciation for SDKs after buying a case last week. Bone stock, they're pretty useless -- leaking after just a couple small wettings. Absolutely woeful. That said, if you use a Total Dry Boost Up, they are completely transformed into an INCREDIBLY good product that stands toe-to-toe with the best. The tapes are absolutely bulletproof, and the standing leg guards are extremely deep. That means no unexpected leaks -- no matter what you throw at them. The fact that they're adorable to boot positions them damn near at the top of my list for best AB/DL diaper.

The caveat obviously being ONLY if you use them with a booster pad.

I guess it depends on your preference. Price-wise, they're roughly in the same ballpark. In my case, as a 24/7 user, I need a reliable source of diapers. ABU's inconsistent and slapdash supply chain of late is a big reason why I tend to favor Bambinos. If SDKs were available all the time, I'd probably stock more of them, but I hate waiting 4-6 weeks after placing an order for them to ship due to some nebulous "special offer" terms that are basically a smokescreen for supply chain deficiencies.

Edit: Also -- if being "pocket friendly" is a factor, just note that Abena M4s are VERY thick. By contrast, ABU SDKs are about half the thickness out of the package, so you could probably obscure them a little easier in a large coat pocket, purse, or tote bag. Obviously, they thicken up if you add a booster pad as I described above. Bambinos (Classico, Teddy, Bianco) lie somewhere between SDKs and M4s on the thickness spectrum. Bellissimos, however, are STUPID thick and probably a little tough to hide.

If you're concerned about "practicality" -- I guess my opinion is that if a diaper does its job reliably and effectively, it is a practical product. Again -- Bambinos fit the bill in this capacity right out of the box. They're not just for cute role play -- they are damned good at being real, functional, "practical" diapers too. :-)
    Thank you PaddedPat, after reading your review I came to conclusion of buying bambinos and ABU diapers all together. But I have just ordered Abena 2 days ago, so I'm excited to out it on when the parcel arrives