Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all the Canadians in this site

Cool To all the Canadians in this site

I have, if you have any knowledge on the subject, a question: How hard is it to immigrate to Canada? A friend of mine from Europe recently told me he wanted to go to London-Canada, and no, hes not french or from the UK, but I was just wondering, would it be doable? BTW, I wouldn't mind going to Canada either, but maybe not that zone...
    Last edited by SomethingNotTooDark; 27-Aug-2013 at 00:05.

Welcome Page | Page d’accueil

The short version is that if your background is not in an occupation currently understaffed in Canada, you need not apply unless you have a decent net worth and/or want to run a farm. Alternatively, if you're in a position to study for a PhD in a Canadian university, they'll help you out. In 2006/7, it was a fair bit easier, as one with a good education and $11,000 in the bank could make the move, but the economic collapse of 2008 and Stephen Harper's government have made it much much harder to get in.

Mind that I'm speaking from the perspective of an American that was beginning the process of moving there. I've heard, but cannot confirm, that it is easier for citizens of Commonwealth nations to get citizenship in Canada or other Commonwealth nations.

There are also provincial programs, but I'm unfamiliar with those.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDragonAurkarm View Post
    you need not apply unless you have a decent net worth and/or want to run a farm.
    i'd do farming, hey......
    or, i would if it wasn't for my bloody shoulders (i missed out on a subsidized shepherding deal because of them).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, btw, he already went to college, so maybe that wouldn't work... Though on the other hand, I could try for a scholarship there if I ever felt like it, as I haven't gone to college yet... Tough luck for him, not so much for me I guess :P

If you're serious about wanting to move on a permanent basis / become a citizen, get a lawyer. Canada is one of the easiest first world country to immigrate to, especially as a skilled worker, however there really isn't such a thing as an easy first world country to immigrate to.

however there really isn't such a thing as an easy first world country to immigrate to.
    This right here, I think you're on to something...

The USA must be third world, come on over the fence and we'll give you welfare cash, food stamps and put you up in a hotel. Just don't bring your car cause if it don't meet our safety standards we will crush it.
    More on topic I worked in Canada in the 80s (Toronto area) and in all my world wide travels including my home in the USA they were the friendliest, most welcoming humans I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingNotTooDark View Post
    Like, will they offer you a donut if you bump into them? XD
    Depending on if you've ever had a Tim Hortons doughnut.

Depending on if you've ever had a Tim Hortons doughnut.
    No sir I have not...