Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper sizing???

Default Diaper sizing???

as a girl would i go on hip or waist size?

Like my waist is tiny, 25 inches, and my hips are 36".

And if i went by my hip size medium size diapers would fit. but would they be too big on my waist???

i just dont know!

And if i bought small diapers, would they be too small on my bum/hips???

im currently wearing drynites. and although they fit around. they are a little small on my bum. and not as cosy as i want them to be.

I'm a guy and I have the same problem. I find that going with your hip size is better because you know it'll fit.

Quote Originally Posted by KaloAllen View Post
    I find that going with your hip size is better because you know it'll fit.
    yes but as i am female and we are more curvy than guys, there is a significant difference between my hips n waist. n if it is too big on the waist it wouldnt be a good fit anyway

Quote Originally Posted by babymeggy View Post
    yes but as i am female and we are more curvy than guys, there is a significant difference between my hips n waist. n if it is too big on the waist it wouldnt be a good fit anyway
    Why did you ask if you're going to shoot down the answer that you got. It's all about trial and error

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    Why did you ask if you're going to shoot down the answer that you got. It's all about trial and error
    not every answer but thats something im still worried about. if it fits on the hips will it be too big on the waist? i dont have alot of money and dont want to waste my money on something that wont fit.

It will be a big big in the waist. Depending on the diaper there are times when the top tapes are nearly touching, and the bottom tapes barely come around my hips. Most diaper sizing will give you a size range. As long as both you waist and hips fit in that area you should be alright.

yea thats where my problem lies. most cute printed pretty ones. (the type i like but dont think i can fit in to) are medium or bigger. and like 30" up. so with my little waist would they just fall down even when ive taped them up? or leak because they are too big?

I think as long as it was snug and tight it shouldn't leak. It seems that all the cute AB diapers are made for larger people. I feel your pain.

i know! i just like the pretty patterns and i prefer disposable because i was in disposable as a baby. my mum refused point blank to use cloth thanks to a bad burn scar from washing her little sisters nappies. and no cute disposable nappys seem like they will fit. theyll all fit my hips. but my waist seems to be just too little.

I would say you can probably do a small but small adult diapers are a bit hard to find. I recommend ordering some different samples of different brands like tranquility for instance makes diapers from baby plus size to 3xl and all in between and their samples are cheap, others to try would be Abena, Molicare, Tena slip maxi all available in sample packs from xp medical so you could get a couple different brands in small and medium before you lay down the money for a case. Also Bambino has smalls and dry 24/7 will soon but both of these diapers are VERY wide in the crotch area which you may or may not like but they too are worth trying and are available as samples.Hope this helps