Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dose childhood abuse make a person more subceptable to the ABDL side of life?

Default Dose childhood abuse make a person more subceptable to the ABDL side of life?

I was abused physical and sexually and mentally by my dad . And abused physically and mettally by fosterhomes till the age of seven. I was treated like a baby till I was seven cause of my bed wetting and some day time accidents. At some point in my baby treatment I grew to like it. Am I doing the ABDL to forget the past and trying to find the childhood I should of had?

Well I think it can be your trying to fine a way to cope as a kid some parts of us need love .
    If we dont get it then we make it any way it works . As a baby we are safe and taken care of.
    Plus when they babied you you got some interaction so in time you started to like it.
    You were getting some thing.
    Me too. I wanted to be a baby so i could be taken care of too.
    But the feeling did not surface untill I was forced in to diapers that one time.
    Put on the bed and diapered it triggered feelings of some thing I was missing .
    Yes Dogboy it played in my mind still to day i can rember it all as if it was happened today.
    Even the semlls . Form that day on I would play being a baby.
    I dont rember how long i had to wear them but i had to change my self .
    One time I was asked if I wanted to be put back into diapers but I was scard so said no.
    In side I wanted to.
    Last edited by foxkits; 25-Aug-2013 at 02:59.

Quote Originally Posted by babylee75 View Post
    I was abused physical and sexually and mentally by my dad . And abused physically and mettally by fosterhomes till the age of seven. I was treated like a baby till I was seven cause of my bed wetting and some day time accidents. At some point in my baby treatment I grew to like it. Am I doing the ABDL to forget the past and trying to find the childhood I should of had?
    There are no easy answers to your question, but I would guess that in your case, your past experiences probably contributed to your desire for diapers and replicating certain feelings which can be associated with being a baby. Sometimes when someone is traumatized by a certain event, they repeat that event over and over again. The mind is trying to work its way through the adverse experience, but it can't, so it repeats the event. This is psychology 101, but I'm sure what's happening may be more complicated.

The problem with these theories is that there are plenty of people who are adult babies and diaper lovers, and who had very nourishing and loving childhoods. So what has caused the same desires of wanting diapers in their case? This is the question most of us have asked ourselves, but have no reasonable answer.

In my case, I was adopted at the age of two, and I'm certain that I must have spent some time in an adoptive orphanage, judging by the teddy bear which I had as a two and three year old. I remember my teddy bears and one was new and the other old and worn. I'm guessing I had the old one from the institution and the new one as a baby shower gift when my parents adopted me. It's not hard to imagine that I may have experienced a lack of genuine love from a mother while in the orphanage. Potty training may have been erratic or not at all. I do know that my adoptive parents potty trained me, as my mom threatened to put me back in diapers when I was acting like like a baby when I was four. These things all have their influences, in my opinion.

Thanks guys this is something I have struggled with my whole life and only came out online about my ABDL side two and a half to three years ago. I use to think I was the only ABDL as a teen and didnt really find out about what I was till 15 years ago.

skyfoxpup

We are human no matter what we strive to latch on to something to make us happy, loved, pertected and a slough of thing I could stand till dawn listing. In the end we always have the want/need to feel loved. As dog boy said "So what has caused the same desires of wanting diapers in their case?" In my theory it is always the want to be loved.

I wasn't abused, but there were some childhood issues for me that I think were triggers of some sort.

For some people, certainly. I know for me it appears that way. My parents always fought and divorced when I was 5. My Dad mentally abused my mother when they were married, and did so to me as I grew up living with him- his various terrible girlfriends and now wife did not help at all. I cannot put on the blame on my parents, though, because I believe those who have ABDL tendencies were probably predisposed to have them, by whatever cosmic mockery that is.

Your thoughts are well appreciated. I always wonder if I would be ABDL if I wasnt abused.

for some people being abused can cause them seek out things that make them feel safe or to want to go back to a time when they felt loved
    and didn't have any problems or worries.
    for some people it's ab/dl or some other coping mechanism

There are some many of us on here. I had the bed wetting and pants wetting all my life. These are thing that were not under our control. But we caught the blunt end of things. My brain took me back to being a baby when I was 14. It was my brains way of protecting me. This happened after I had been molested for the second time. Also abuse . But I think we have all found a place that we can heal. That is what we need to do.