Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need of some help.

Post In need of some help.

Hello! First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this.

Not really sure how to go about this so just going to come straight out with it... Over the past couple of weeks, at night, I've been dreaming of urinating and waking up suddenly to a wet bed! It's only happened 4 or 5 times but it's starting to worry me.
    I've read online about the brain trying to tell you that you need to urinate but not picking it up properly.

This is an example of one of the dreams:
    So what I remember of it was that I seemed to be some kind of half cyborg person, working on an assembly line, for what I think were cars. The place I was in was pretty sinister looking! It reminded me of in an office building.. when you lift up the ceiling tiles and see all the wires and such. Anyway, so I was making cars and had an urge to use the toilet, I held it and when (what must have been the boss) came round, I asked to be excused but she replied with "your kind don't urinate" for some reason I agreed with her and stopped holding as I didn't need to hold.
    Next thing I know, I'm awake in a wet bed!

At first it didn't worry me at all, I've been alive for roughly 6700 days.. I'm bound to wet the bed a couple of those! But then it started getting more and more frequent.. and now I'm starting to worry. Another thing I've noticed is that when I wake up, it's usually cold... Which makes me wonder.. How long before I woke up did I actually go? I'm yet to make a Doctors appointment as he's not in until Monday, but I will asap.

I was just looking to find out if anyone had any idea's as to why this is happening... Or if this is happening to anyone else.

I very much appreciate anything you have to say and please feel free to ask any questions you have.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Hello! First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this.

Not really sure how to go about this so just going to come straight out with it... Over the past couple of weeks, at night, I've been dreaming of urinating and waking up suddenly to a wet bed! It's only happened 4 or 5 times but it's starting to worry me.
    I've read online about the brain trying to tell you that you need to urinate but not picking it up properly.

This is an example of one of the dreams:
    So what I remember of it was that I seemed to be some kind of half cyborg person, working on an assembly line, for what I think were cars. The place I was in was pretty sinister looking! It reminded me of in an office building.. when you lift up the ceiling tiles and see all the wires and such. Anyway, so I was making cars and had an urge to use the toilet, I held it and when (what must have been the boss) came round, I asked to be excused but she replied with "your kind don't urinate" for some reason I agreed with her and stopped holding as I didn't need to hold.
    Next thing I know, I'm awake in a wet bed!

At first it didn't worry me at all, I've been alive for roughly 6700 days.. I'm bound to wet the bed a couple of those! But then it started getting more and more frequent.. and now I'm starting to worry. Another thing I've noticed is that when I wake up, it's usually cold... Which makes me wonder.. How long before I woke up did I actually go? I'm yet to make a Doctors appointment as he's not in until Monday, but I will asap.

I was just looking to find out if anyone had any idea's as to why this is happening... Or if this is happening to anyone else.

I very much appreciate anything you have to say and please feel free to ask any questions you have.

Thank you.
    I think your on the right track by getting a Dr's appointment and get checked out. I have a question for you by what do you mean it's cold?

Thank you, I thought better safe than sorry! Sorry, I didn't explain that very well... What I meant was; I urinated before I woke up but the urine was cold, so I was wondering how long had I finished before I woke up

I wear diapers 24/7 so I notice it for awhile before it's totally absorbed into the diaper. I wear cloth for overnight so it lasts for maybe a half an hour after I go pee. If your not wearing any
    protection it would kind of hard to tell how long ago you wet before you woke up.

Well, scheduling a doctor's visit is definitely a good first step. Now I'm not too knowledgeable about the medical stuff, but I'm sure that this could be due to any number of things, a majority of which are more than likely not very serious, and easily correctable. Are you stressed out at all? Or maybe you haven't been getting enough sleep lately, and this was your body's way of trying to catch up? If the latter is the case, then maybe you could try setting an alarm to wake you up some time during the night so you can get up and go, although keep in mind that sleep is important, and one way or another your body will find a way to make sure you have enough of it.

Either way, a doctor's visit is a good move, just try not to worry yourself too much over it, as its more than likely not too serious.

I do wear disposables on occasion but it's never been for wetting!

I don't think I'm stressed.. I don't really have anything to be stressed about. I have suffered from Insomnia for about 2 or 3 years... Maybe it's finally catching up with me? I'm more worried about the mattress than anything! Haha. Definitely will be wearing a diaper tonight! Just to be on the safe side.

I agree with the others Drs, appointment. When I first started to wet to bed which is years ago, I would have dreams of going to the bathroom and wake up to a wet bed. Mine did turn out to be a medical problem. Do see a Doctor , wet beds are not fun and they are unhealthy.

I'm inclined to agree with what everyone else is saying, but I will simply add this: you have the doctor's appointment. Wait for that. Wear your diapers at night just in case and, for now, don't add to any potential stress that might be causing this by worrying about it.

Thank you very much guys.. means a lot! I have A.D.D so stress isn't really part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    I agree with the others Drs, appointment. When I first started to wet to bed which is years ago, I would have dreams of going to the bathroom and wake up to a wet bed. Mine did turn out to be a medical problem. Do see a Doctor , wet beds are not fun and they are unhealthy.
    One again you seem to be nailing me i still have the dreams but only wake up wet 30% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Thank you very much guys.. means a lot! I have A.D.D so stress isn't really part of my life.
    I was one of the unfortunate family members to NOT get A.D.D. so stress is a key factor of my life and i have been classed as a stresser at our local hospital, they say it could be borderline A.D.D, sometimes i wonder if they are even my family with how they treated me.

Thanks Peeps