Thread: Jarred out of your little headspace

Default Jarred out of your little headspace

This has happened to me a couple times when something irritates me to the point where I lose my littleness.

Today my husband had a job interview and he was a nervous wreck before, during, and after. I had a split shift so I came home to make him feel better, but we ended up arguing over something stupid. The side effect was that I got thrown so far off, I found myself entirely adult and fucking miserable. I put on regular underwear and clothing and was about to go back to work when he reached out to me and we calmed things down.

I'll probably pad up again before going back, but does anyone else ever get torn out of their mindset? I find it very disillusioning and uncomfortable.

More than a few times and most of it was over some one else's problems. Get phone calls that this person is doing such. Waiting to hear from them again only to find out I worried about nothing.

I'm relatively new to expressing my little side more openly. Or at least, to embracing it. I like to try and carry at least a part of it with me even when I'm in adult situations. Doesn't get any easier with time to hold on to that even when things get rough? I feel that little me gives me a better perspective on things, usually. Its done a lot to keep me calm whereas before I would be upset or angry. I'd hate to lose that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    I'm relatively new to expressing my little side more openly. Or at least, to embracing it. I like to try and carry at least a part of it with me even when I'm in adult situations. Doesn't get any easier with time to hold on to that even when things get rough? I feel that little me gives me a better perspective on things, usually. Its done a lot to keep me calm whereas before I would be upset or angry. I'd hate to lose that feeling.
    I have been doing that more and more myself. The little me has always been restricted to bed time. Most of the time I should say. When I live by myself I can be little more. For me I think eh two sides are beginning to melt together. If that makes any since.

I think it's doing that for me as well. I totally understand. That makes it all the more painful and frustrating when I'm ripped out of that headspace.

This happens to me more than I like. It's rare that I find myself in a little headspace anyway, but then it seems as though Mr. Aurkarm sees that as an opportunity to have adult-type conversations. It's frustrating to be in that headspace and then have him start on about politics or something else.

Alas, for me, once it's done, it's done. I would love to know how to return to that space once it's broken (that would actually be useful for movie-watching, too), but I've never figured it out.

Some of our members say they "wear" because it brings them peace, but I've found if I'm worried about something, especially something serious, I don't want to wear diapers. I'm too preoccupied to be able to regress or enjoy diapers. I'm forced into adult mode until the situation has been resolved. The peace that comes to me by wearing diapers is often a reflection of me being in a more peaceful mood to begin with. And once I've worn and enjoyed, I can stay in that better, euphoric state. I think I'm more laid back.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    I'm relatively new to expressing my little side more openly. Or at least, to embracing it. I like to try and carry at least a part of it with me even when I'm in adult situations. I feel that little me gives me a better perspective on things, usually. Its done a lot to keep me calm whereas before I would be upset or angry. I'd hate to lose that feeling.
    Hey Mattie, I really like that attitude. Being little reminds me that I'm not in control of the world, or at least I don't have to be. It is easier to achieve this Buddhist-like state of mind when I allow myself to feel like a small child. You are a very lucky individual having a partner you can share this with.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    Hey Mattie, I really like that attitude. Being little reminds me that I'm not in control of the world, or at least I don't have to be. It is easier to achieve this Buddhist-like state of mind when I allow myself to feel like a small child. You are a very lucky individual having a partner you can share this with.
    Thank you. It wasn't easy bringing him around, though. We are both DL as well, which carries a more overt sexuality for us, but we both have little sides that come through. Mine has just come out in big ways lately, whereas his regression is a little more unorthodox. But, through open discussion and experimentation, he's grown more comfortable with my little side.

An unexpected phone call or text message is one of the biggest causes of this for me. However, it works both ways and certain sights, sounds or smells can 'trip' me back into little mode.