Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Smile Hi all

Well here goes.

I have never done a forum introduction before.

Just letting you know that i am a new Member trying to come to grips that i finally discovered that i am not alone out here in this big world.

I am a DL, and my partner accepts it too. They join me. If i could wear them 24/7 i would.

I am a computer tech that enjoys online gaming and spending time out fishing and motorbike riding, when i can get out and about after fixing my car that is, i hate owning lemons. I also enjoy a bit of Crochet.

I am hoping to get some support from members in relation to getting used to the fact the is a community out there. And if you want to know anything else about computers, bikes, cars or crochet don't be afraid to ask.

Hope to see you in discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fraidy View Post
    Well here goes.

I have never done a forum introduction before.

Just letting you know that i am a new Member trying to come to grips that i finally discovered that i am not alone out here in this big world.

I am a DL, and my partner accepts it too. They join me. If i could wear them 24/7 i would.

I am a computer tech that enjoys online gaming and spending time out fishing and motorbike riding, when i can get out and about after fixing my car that is, i hate owning lemons. I also enjoy a bit of Crochet.

I am hoping to get some support from members in relation to getting used to the fact the is a community out there. And if you want to know anything else about computers, bikes, cars or crochet don't be afraid to ask.

Hope to see you in discussion
    Hi Fraidy and welcome.

I hope you don't mind if I ask what kind of car you're calling a lemon?

Crochet? Oh boy now you're talking about one of my many hobbies. Do you like to do blankets? Sweaters? little animals? Personally I'm into making flowers and little animals - or Amigurumi as its known.

Hope to see you around.

Yes well the Lemon is a 95 Subaru liberty, and i Crochet blankets. I have attempted socks and jumpers before but couldn't get the knack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripped View Post
    Hi Fraidy and welcome.

I hope you don't mind if I ask what kind of car you're calling a lemon?

Crochet? Oh boy now you're talking about one of my many hobbies. Do you like to do blankets? Sweaters? little animals? Personally I'm into making flowers and little animals - or Amigurumi as its known.

Hope to see you around.
    Do you have any crochet patterns you may be able to send me via email or something? can't get many these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraidy View Post
    Yes well the Lemon is a 95 Subaru liberty, and i Crochet blankets. I have attempted socks and jumpers before but couldn't get the knack

*double-quote-snip*

Do you have any crochet patterns you may be able to send me via email or something? can't get many these days.
    Two for one special

I must admit, I'm not very familiar with the Subaru Liberty. Must be the modern day Edsel... Then again what car *doesn't* have any issues?

So you crochet blankets, that's pretty cool. I wish I had the patience to do something big like that, most of of the stuff I do can be done in a few hours. As far as the patterns, most of mine came from little Amigurumi booklets from the arts/crafts store. If you want to try flowers, I think I've got a youtube link floating around somewhere. If you want to try making little animals, I think I can track down the one I used to make my little army of koalas.

Two for one special

I must admit, I'm not very familiar with the Subaru Liberty. Must be the modern day Edsel... Then again what car *doesn't* have any issues?

So you crochet blankets, that's pretty cool. I wish I had the patience to do something big like that, most of of the stuff I do can be done in a few hours. As far as the patterns, most of mine came from little Amigurumi booklets from the arts/crafts store. If you want to try flowers, I think I've got a youtube link floating around somewhere. If you want to try making little animals, I think I can track down the one I used to make my little army of koalas.
    I would like that very much and yes the nickname for the Subaru Liberty 95 model is in fact Tubaglue. I have a blanket i have been working on for a while, just gotta stop my headaches before i can see straight to do it.

Rotflmfao "Tubaglue" Oh man thank you so much for a much needed laugh! *(^o^)* hehe laughing-koala-face.

I hope those headaches get better. Is it double, triple or granny-square stitch? At least that's what I think its called - the one where there's a checkerboard pattern but every white space would be empty and big enough to put a finger through...

I've found this video in my youtube arts/crafts playlist, at least its something different. crochet flowers

Koala crochet pattern You'll probably want to save a copy of the instructions as a pic so you can increase the size of it then print it off. Hope these can get you going if not spark an idea or two.

Rotflmfao "Tubaglue" Oh man thank you so much for a much needed laugh! *(^o^)* hehe laughing-koala-face.

I hope those headaches get better. Is it double, triple or granny-square stitch? At least that's what I think its called - the one where there's a checkerboard pattern but every white space would be empty and big enough to put a finger through...

I've found this video in my youtube arts/crafts playlist, at least its something different. crochet flowers

Koala crochet pattern You'll probably want to save a copy of the instructions as a pic so you can increase the size of it then print it off. Hope these can get you going if not spark an idea or two.
    I only get headaches when my obstructive sleep apnea and low b12 play up together at the same time, otherwise i am sorta fine.

And it's triple treble stitch that i use to do the blankets...twist, through, twist, back, twist through 2 twist through 2.

Whoa that's gotta be rough.
    It is rough but it only happens about 2 weeks before i know i am due for a B12 needle. i can't absorb it from food or supplements anymore.