Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who wish to do something about deeker and similar sites

Default For those who wish to do something about deeker and similar sites

I posted this on TBDL before it became ADISC but then I was offline for a while so I don't know what became of it.

I'd guess that if you asked people who keep tb/dlism a secret why, one of the answers you'd get is:

"If I told someone and they typed it into google, one of the results they'd get would be deeker or something similar"

It's certainly one of the reasons why I haven't told anyone. Most people complain about deeker but think they can't do everything.

Normally if a site was hostign content like deeker's, you could just complain to the ISP. The problem is no-one knows who deeker's ISP is and because of the way his DNS (technical term) is set up, no-one short of a law enforcement agency can find out who hosts him to complain to.

With that option out of the way, I'm going to give a brief explanation of why deeker shows up so high in google results and how you can help change that.

Google decides what pages to show in their results by 2 factors:

Keyword relevance: In this case if the website contains terms like "infantilism" and "teen baby", google will rate it higher. There is nothing we can do about this part.

Links: If a site recieves links from other sites with keyword relevance to the same subject, Google will rate it higher. This is the part we can deal with.

What to do:

Never post a link to deeker, even if you are complaining about it. Google sees links with the following text:

"This is an example of how much of a pedo deeker is"
    and
    "This is a tb site"

as +1 to deeker. If you must link to deeker as an example of how bad he is, do it in a private forum which google cannot see and therefore cannot increase deeker's score on.

If you see a link to deeker on a tb site, ask the admins to remove it. If you see it on a forum, ask the poster or a moderator to delink the text. Explain that more links = higher google results for deeker. If enough links go, deeker will be relegated to page 40 or so of google's results, well enough out of the way to avoid harming others.

If you run a tb forum, set the URL of deeker in your word censor to a non-link or even ****. Different forums do this differently. If you know someone who runs a tb forum, tell them this.

Good advice, but may I ask...
    What's deeker?
    I've heard about it so much, and I don't even know what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by deidara_desu View Post
    Good advice, but may I ask...
    What's deeker?
    I've heard about it so much, and I don't even know what it is...
    Deeker is a pedophile who runs a website that comes up first on google for many ab/tb/dl searches.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper14th View Post
    Deeker is a pedophile who runs a website that comes up first on google for many ab/tb/dl searches.
    Oh, thankyou, makes sense now *hug*

Yeah, Deerker's site is somewhere you don't need to go.
    Spare yourself the experience.

Yah, stop saying the "D" word and I don't mean diaper.

Seriously though, that is excellent advice, Sniper, I'm glad you were able to put that info together so that someone like me who is not exactly techno-savvy can understand how google decides which sites to list first and why. Hopefully in the future that site will go to the bottom of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Yah, stop saying the "D" word and I don't mean diaper.
    I chuckled

dprdinky

I know of another tb site that request posters to not put on their post http:// which will then link the tb site back to where they are being sent. So what they suggest is to post h++p:// requiring anyone who wants to go to the specific site must then change it before going to the site given.

Just a thought.

Sorry it sounds like mud, but I hope you have an idea what I'm saying.

Mako

Unfortunately, to get deeker off of the high ranks more would have to be done then ceasing links, as its already linked to alot thus his ranking is already inflated. We would need to push other sites with keywords above it, which is a bit difficult.

Though to note, unless I'm missing something, deeker is hosted by Network Solutions It's a U.S, hosted site, thus the laws of the united states do apply.