Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: My Nuk 5 from Inner Child!!!!!

  1. #1

    Default My Nuk 5 from Inner Child!!!!!

    My shipment from Inner Child arrived today and IT WAS SO FAST OMG! I ordered it on the 12th, it shipped the next day and it arrived here today!!! From the UK to Texas, USA in 6 days, and that included a weekend. I'm amazed!!! The estimated delivery wasn't even until NEXT WEEK!

    It shipped very discreetly in a small brown padded envelope, marked "novelty goods." The return address is just a person's name. Inside the shipping envelope, the paci itself was in a small plastic bag with paper stapled over the top, like a retail package. The teat looked squashed because of the envelope, but when I took it out it was in perfect shape (literally! haha).

    The listing seems to be gone, but here's the seller's photo of the one I got:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqR,!hgE7kHYOmH)BPG2Rh4!Cw~~60_1.JPG 
Views:	605 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	18071

    Including shipping, it cost me 17.49 GBP, which is $27.36 US.

    SO ...

    My first Nuk 5!!! And my first latex pacifier.

    I love love love the size and shape, it is PERFECT for me. So much easier to keep in my mouth, and I don't have to maintain a seal on the shield either like with my baby ones.

    The latex is surprisingly soft! It just folds inside my mouth. It doesn't taste like anything at all; it does have a slightly odd texture to me, a tiny bit powdery or grainy. I'm sure that's probably normal (I know latex can go bad after a while but this teat is quite translucent and looks new to me) ... The texture is taking some getting used to, but it's so so soft and just collapses so nicely against my teeth and it's so comfortable ... I can't imagine a silicone one of the same size being NEARLY as comfortable to use. Oh lord it's like it was MADE for me aaaahhhhh *hugs self*

    The ONLY THING THOUGH ...

    It's so squeaky!!! LOL

    It hisses when the teat re-inflates between sucks. "Fee, fwee, fwi, fwish..." I'm scared to take it to bed because I know EXACTLY how crazy it will drive my S/O ahahaha

    But it's sooo cooomfyyy and I looove it and it's cuuute!

    Rejoice with me guys!!! *happy dance*

    (oh, and if you have any suggested modifications to make it stop squeaking -- LOL! ..PLEASE HELP ME OH GOD. it's the playtex butterfly kind with a little hole in the center of the shield )

  2. #2

    Default

    I just got mine in today too i got a plain white one as i could not decide on which type i wanted i expected the bulb to be bigger but it was not...

    also the shield was a standard pacifier shield thought that would be a bit bigger to

    thinking of what to buy next might get a blanket next but i want one of those super fuzzy soft baby blanket material stuff

    also what part of TX are you in. im in austin.

  3. #3

    Default

    So jealous and happy for you Faenna! I ordered my Nuk5 paci on the 13th (Also shipping to TX) from them, along with a bottle with a Nuk5 nipple - and it hasn't arrived yet. The paci is absolutely adorable, I'm glad your purchase was a happy one. Hope you can find a mod for it. Maybe give your SO some earplugs in the meantime? xD

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Paxy View Post
    So jealous and happy for you Faenna! I ordered my Nuk5 paci on the 13th (Also shipping to TX) from them, along with a bottle with a Nuk5 nipple - and it hasn't arrived yet. The paci is absolutely adorable, I'm glad your purchase was a happy one. Hope you can find a mod for it. Maybe give your SO some earplugs in the meantime? xD
    lol! Honestly with my small silicone pacis I calm down and get sleepy *really* quick, so it may not really be an issue...

    What type of shield did you order! I fell IN LOVE with the purple dragonfly shield --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!B)342Gw!2k~$(KGrHqF,!h8Ew5OtIwq9BMPULjNh6w~~_12.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	18073

    but before I worked up the nerve (& permission haha) to buy it, they sold out I can't remember which seller it was; either Inner Child or Mommy's Baby Pants (on ebay, not on their own site -- another funny quirk of cross-sellers). So I got this one instead. I do like it a lot though

    @Zebus I live in a crappy little oilfield town, faaaaarrrr away from any big cities! *lol* painful, it is painful.

    I really like the MAM glow-in-the-dark shields too... I might end up getting one of those sooner or later :>

    PS for anyone with the same squeaky problem: A tiny piece of matching pink duct tape over the teeny-tiny hole has completely solved it for now

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FaennaJo View Post
    lol! Honestly with my small silicone pacis I calm down and get sleepy *really* quick, so it may not really be an issue...

    What type of shield did you order! I fell IN LOVE with the purple dragonfly shield --
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!B)342Gw!2k~$(KGrHqF,!h8Ew5OtIwq9BMPULjNh6w~~_12.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	18073
    I just got the plain white one with the Nuk5 nipple. They arrived today actually along with my other stuff. *incredibly happy baby day*

    Though I am a little sad that I can't use an adult Nuk5 bottle nipple with my wide 10 oz bottle. Oh well. Trial and error I suppose.
    I just popped in my new paci (after sterilizing it) actually - I love it! Feel so much better. I'm going to have to get a few more I think.
    Its a bit odd with the latex since I'm used to silicone, but it feels a lot better. Mine doesn't have a hole due to how its constructed so it just makes air-puffy sounds. xD

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Paxy View Post
    I just got the plain white one with the Nuk5 nipple. They arrived today actually along with my other stuff. *incredibly happy baby day*

    Though I am a little sad that I can't use an adult Nuk5 bottle nipple with my wide 10 oz bottle. Oh well. Trial and error I suppose.
    I just popped in my new paci (after sterilizing it) actually - I love it! Feel so much better. I'm going to have to get a few more I think.
    Its a bit odd with the latex since I'm used to silicone, but it feels a lot better. Mine doesn't have a hole due to how its constructed so it just makes air-puffy sounds. xD
    Ooooh, so happy for you!!

    You know I'm actually glad I got this type, because even though the sound was annoying I can control the fullness/hardness of the teat by limiting the amount of air I also like that the butterfly shield is slightly flexible!! I tried to research and even asked a seller about the shield but never got a good answer. (Regular hard plastic shields hurt my lip/teeth on the baby pacis.) The mouth side is indeed fairly soft and flexible compared to the regular hard molded plastic. BUT, because of the teat shape that doesn't even matter!! because my lip isn't smashed against the shield AAAH Its just so great~ (its kind of ...sticky ..plastic, though)

    That is kind of disappointing, about your bottle Couldn't there be a different size ring or something? like an adapter perhaps?

Similar Threads

  1. I never wet myself as a child.
    By dlluke in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-Aug-2013, 21:30
  2. The inner child
    By NickyOmutsu in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-May-2013, 19:15
  3. What do you do to let the child out?
    By BabyMitchy in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22-Oct-2012, 15:04
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-Oct-2009, 15:37
  5. What if you child would come and tell you...
    By Timo in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 17-Mar-2008, 21:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.