Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't really buy into this but...

Default I don't really buy into this but...

I found it kind of neat and funny.

Teddy Bear Therapy

I just skimmed through it....but I think I have to agree with the writer...at least on the surface. I have a multitude of bunnies and bears...but I have one teddy "Jozee" that I purchased last spring (right around Easter). I just couldn't resist her. It was like she called out to me, so I bought her. Now, whenever I'm feeling sad or alone, I pick up Jozee and give her a cuddle...she never fails to make me feel better. I recently (a couple weeks ago) bought another bear which I call Jozef. He's Jozee's brother! :-D

Anyway...teddybears are definitely therapeutic! Even as children we talked to our teddies, told them all of our secrets and fears, and held them for comfort. Nothing says we can't continue to do this on into adult-hood!

Yes, Teddy Bears and Stuffed Animals are great therapy, I learned during my last Hospitalization. They comfort and relieve stress, and they help with one of the "5 Senses in Therapy", that being the "Touch" sense.

dprdinky

Ohhhhh, did you know that Friday, December 19th is National Teddy Bear day?
    How about we share our favorite teddy bear or favorite stuffed animal/plushie. I'll start it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inky and Pooh 1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	226

Quote Originally Posted by dprdinky View Post
    Ohhhhh, did you know that Friday, December 19th is National Teddy Bear day?
    How about we share our favorite teddy bear or favorite stuffed animal/plushie. I'll start it.

<-- The cow is my favorite

I agree to a dregree but I thing he goes a bit far with his affirmations. The need to hug & cuddle is high on the basic human list. Alone now my cats and dolls (life size human girl teddy bears) help.

Nam

Mako

Ron's being tricky :P He wants everyone to have a teddy, for it is well known he is the teddy bear king and shall activate his stuffed minions like sleeper cells for world domination of snuggliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Ron's being tricky :P He wants everyone to have a teddy, for it is well known he is the teddy bear king and shall activate his stuffed minions like sleeper cells for world domination of snuggliness.

I THOUGHT that we had agreed to keep my secret plans between the two of us, Mako kitty.

Meh, It makes more sense than anti-depressants(Better to simply produce endorphins rather than block negative receptors in the mind)

I'd probably get a teddy myself, but would never hear the end of it from my brother and step-dad(They harrassed me for a month about my footy pjs)

Seems to me that it's no different than talking to a pet. So the basic theory behind it makes sense.