Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going to wear diapers for the first time tonight

Default going to wear diapers for the first time tonight

My mom bought a package of goodnites last week because my cousin was supposed to stay at my house for a few days, my moms work schedule changed so he couldn't stay with us. My mom couldn't return the package so she just told me to throw it out (I obviously didn't). I'm a dl and I've been using makeshifts for years, but this will be my first experience with real diapers. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by tony235 View Post
    My mom bought a package of goodnites last week because my cousin was supposed to stay at my house for a few days, my moms work schedule changed so he couldn't stay with us. My mom couldn't return the package so she just told me to throw it out (I obviously didn't). I'm a dl and I've been using makeshifts for years, but this will be my first experience with real diapers. Any advice?
    If you're on the edge of being able to fit into them, put your hands into them and pre-stretch them a bit. Also be careful about poking a hole into the sides with your thumb as you pull then up.

If you plan on wetting them, I strongly advise doing it while standing in the shower the first time. Leaks are much as easier to deal with that way. Also, don't flood them. They'll leak.

If you want them to be more crinkly, you can carefully pull off the cloth-like cover. Be careful about wetting them if you do, since you can put small holes in the plastic while doing this.

Otherwise, enjoy!

If you're gonna sleep with them on and wet, put something between you and the bed, like a doubled-up towel. If you plan on wetting heavy, make it two towels with a plastic trash bag underneath.

kinda weird your mom just wouldn't save them if he came next time, or that your cousins guardians haven't supplied goodnites to him/her directly. But congrats I guess.

I can't add anything but a "F- yeah!" Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    kinda weird your mom just wouldn't save them if he came next time, or that your cousins guardians haven't supplied goodnites to him/her directly. But congrats I guess.
    She was probably getting them as a "just in case". I've had to deal with several family member's kids. Not all will supply everything needed when watching their child. I've had to watch little cousins before for several days before & diapers weren't always supplied. It's kind of annoying. (Especially when it's family, and most of the time I'm not getting paid) I remember watching one of my cousins and being informed at almost 10pm that he needed a pull-up for bed, but parents didn't pack any...I wasn't very happy with his parents...

But yeah it's odd that she would want to throw them away. Maybe she meant to throw them somewhere, out of the way?

I've worked at a summer camp before where there were a few kids that wet the bed. As a "just in case" the director of the camp would always buy a package of Goodnites, in case a kid ran out. All the first aid stuff & Goodnites were kept with my stuff (not my choice, the director's). At the end of camp each year, he'd tell me to just throw them away. I'd always give them to a family that I knew needed them, and might not have enough money. Or I'd donate them to the local thrift store. At the end of camp each year, I'd always have a bunch left over. I would always ask the director about keeping them until next year, so he wouldn't have to buy them again. He never wanted to do it.

So yeah, I guess it's possible that she'd just want to get rid of them and throw them away. Just like the director of the camp wanted to just get rid of them.

If you have a 30" or smaller waist, those Goodnites should fit and work very well. I was disappointed when I was told that Medicaid would not cover the cost for me. I ended up with either Attends, or Tena Ultras instead. The Medicaid diapers don't have near the same durability and quality control as the Goodnites. They'll will start clumping after a couple hours of wear, but Goodnites have lasted me for 10 hours and more with no issues!

the package was open so shoprite wouldn't take them back, she didn't see why we would need them in the future so she wanted to throw them away

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by tony235 View Post
    My mom couldn't return the package so she just told me to throw it out
    Was the package opened? If the package hadn't been opened I don't understand why she couldn't take them back to the store. Even if she didn't have the receipt anymore, she could've gotten an in-store credit.

But, such as it is, I agree with everyone else. Enjoy!

UPDATE: You must have posted as I was typing, so I guess just disregard my post, LOL. But still,,,,,,enoy!