Thread: The return of SOPA

Default The return of SOPA

So they are at it again! SOPA is back in a new regurgitated form! Behold! Obama Administration Revives SOPA Proposal To Make Unauthorized Streaming A Felony
    I know this will die almost immediately, but what are your thoughts on all of this? Does it absolutely NEED to be passed or does it need to be killed and why?

i haven't read this version, but if its anything like the last one...KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

typing this feels like blasphamy; but streaming is getting out of hand. i've watched my fair share of pirated movies, tv series, and music. some are harder to find that others but i can find anything i look for.
    the problem is, there's a lot of grey area when it comes to copyright infringement... SOPA & PIPA - The Colbert Report - 2012-18-01 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Library of Congress isn't showing anything. Until I can read what they are proposing I will stay silent. I actually received a rather decent response from my congressmen (Durbin and Roskam) when I sent them an annotated revision of the bill. If it becomes an issue I will probably pursue the same course.

I hate SOPA!!! I hated it when I first heard about it a few years back and HATE it even now!!!! SOPA SUCKS!!!!

I was against SOPA because I thought of it nothing more than censorship of the internet. UGH.

WildThing121675

i personally think they should just stop with all this attempting regulation bullshit, just knock it off and deal with it, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitas View Post
    i personally think they should just stop with all this attempting regulation bullshit, just knock it off and deal with it, simple as that.
    Sadly they won't though, they are gonna keep attempting to pass BS like this until something actually makes it to the President's desk where it will either be signed or vetoed

Quote Originally Posted by MokatheGroundhog View Post
    Sadly they won't though, they are gonna keep attempting to pass BS like this until something actually makes it to the President's desk where it will either be signed or vetoed
    then they'll just find a work around, lol. Anon will definitely have something to do/say about it

It seems like they won't give up on SOPA. We just have to hope they won't get & keep presidential support now nor in the future.

Well they miss used the laws they have now like spying on every one.
    So what makes you think they wont miss use this too