Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So... that was terrifying...

Default So... that was terrifying...

Just got finished telling my 2 best friends that I'm an AB. One is local here, and the other lives on the East Coast.

...My friend that lives in EST laughed and called me a dork for being so worried over it, and my local bestie? First thing she said was "I have a rocket sippy cup you'll love!" (and she wasn't joking or being sarcastic about it. She actually thinks its kind of sweet.

Now I'm just sitting here on my couch crying because I don't know what else to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Paxy View Post
    Just got finished telling my 2 best friends that I'm an AB. One is local here, and the other lives on the East Coast.

...My friend that lives in EST laughed and called me a dork for being so worried over it, and my local bestie? First thing she said was "I have a rocket sippy cup you'll love!" (and she wasn't joking or being sarcastic about it. She actually thinks its kind of sweet.

Now I'm just sitting here on my couch crying because I don't know what else to do...
    That's awesome that you have such good friends.

That's very similar to the reaction I got when I told a couple of my friends about being ABDL... Glad it went well for you. I found it made a huge difference to actually TELL someone in person, out loud and have them confirm that it wasn't a big deal - did so much good for my self acceptance.

I'm looking back on it now, and I'm wondering why I thought it would be a big deal to them. Them knowing hasn't changed the dynamics of our friendship, we talk a little bit about it (respecting TMI boundaries) but it's not like I do any ABDL activities with them. I think it would be a bigger issue to come out to a non-ABDL romantic partner - anything about your sexuality is going to (potentially) complicate that kind of relationship. Telling my parents - might well be hard for them, the whole "did I do something wrong?" issue.

Your friends though - unless they are very socially conservative, kinkphobic... is it that much of a big deal?

I'm trying to imagine one of my friends telling me an equivalent secret. My friends have shared some very private things with me - I still like them, still respect them, I can't imagine cutting them off for something like this - that's what friendship is.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    ...Your friends though - unless they are very socially conservative, kinkphobic... is it that much of a big deal?

I'm trying to imagine one of my friends telling me an equivalent secret. My friends have shared some very private things with me - I still like them, still respect them, I can't imagine cutting them off for something like this - that's what friendship is.

I suffer from severe social anxiety when face-to-face or with people I interact with on a personal basis.
    Every time I've told my friends something deeply personal about myself (be it my Orientation or Ident, etc..) It's been terribly painful and a terrifying experience for me.

Every single time - and today was no exception - I end up crying beforehand because there are so many "What ifs" in my head that I can't think straight. More than once I've been so scared that I've gotten physically ill. Then after I get through it, all I end up doing for the next few hour afterward is crying.

It's easier to be less anxious online typing on a forum about these things when I haven't actually met any of you.
    But yes...it is "that much big of a deal" when it comes to people I see and interact with on a regular basis.

Cherub

I suffer from severe social anxiety,,,(snip)
    That answered my question as I read the OP.

That's awesome. Feel that sweet, sweet relief. Congratulations, you have awesome friends.

Well unless you are crying out of joy you should not be crying. Congrats, that is way awesome. I'm assuming that the girl is the one you were talking about in the last post that had to do with your pacifier? Dang awesome responces i would have to say. Are you going to try out the sippy she offered you? you should.

Edit:
    Well, i guess i can understand your crying if it is anxiety

Seems to be something in the air that is causing crying lately. Been doing a bit of that myself. Mine I blame on my Bi-Polar disorder. Wild moods swings even with medications. But others have told my that tears are good. Being an Emotional person I teeter a lot on the verge of tears. I will never buy into the thought that men don't cry.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    I will never buy into the thought that men don't cry.
    I don't trust any man,,,,or for that matter anyone that can't/doesn't cry.