Thread: Could use some help

Default Could use some help

So I received these diapers today from a friend of mine and I'm trying to figure out what these are....they look rather cheap, I was told she got them from the hospital left over from one of her family members surgeries. They have 2 tabs on each side, no extra leak guards besides the leg cuffs and yellow dashes down the middle of the diaper (guessing a wetness indicator). Any help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0013.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	17971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0014.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	17972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0015.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	17973  

Quote Originally Posted by clubssc View Post
    So I received these diapers today from a friend of mine and I'm trying to figure out what these are....they look rather cheap, I was told she got them from the hospital left over from one of her family members surgeries. They have 2 tabs on each side, no extra leak guards besides the leg cuffs and yellow dashes down the middle of the diaper (guessing a wetness indicator). Any help?
    Looks like an Attends to me.

Think those are the generic hospital brand. They used those on my dad before he passed. That was 15 eays ago.

If they came from a hospital it's no telling what brand they are with no markings. A lot of times the only markings will be the wetness indicators. Most of the diapers made for the hospitals
    are plain white and only indentified by size markings on the packaging.

I'm not one to knock a free diaper but I wouldn't wear those in public without a booster, unless you're just wearing for wearing's sake. Off the top of my head I'd have to identify those as Covidien. They look exactly like what I find in thrift stores for tide-me-over plastic backed diapers in medium - Wings come in white or beige and they say "Wings" on the tapes, and are usually way too small or way too large. Dignity's I have seen blue like that but cloth-backed. Being that these derived from a medical source it's an overwhelming likelihood they are indeed Covidien

they remind me of an old Shiloh style, but as mentioned above, they were more of a generic, off-the-shelf design for local/small manufacturers.

Those are Medline Absorbs, most likely. I wore the ones with a cloth-like backing, and regular tapes (no velcro fasteners). You could fasten once, but no second chance if an adjustment is needed. Absorbency is moderate, better than most of the cheap ones you find at a drug store. They will out-perform a regular Attends poly brief, but will not work nearly as well as a basic Tena Ultra.

Thanks honeywell. I think the first one I tried was defective because the first one I tried when wet the sap bunched up into a ball the size of my fist, the rest of them so far have actually been pretty good. Much better than the cheap depends my budget has doomed me to lately. Sadly though I really miss the extra leak guards at night lol.

Thanks everyone for the help in identifying these!