Thread: Hiya :)

Wink Hiya :)

Hey guys!
    Haven't used my account in a good long while because of school, so I'm a lurker now. :3 Figured I'd fix that up real quick.

I don't think I ever really intro'd myself anyway..
    I hail from Michigan (the mitten!) and am currently going to school for a degree in computer science. You can kinda guess my interests from that (mostly computer-y stuff). I don't practice the DL lifestyle because of school and living at home over the summer, but I still am a DL at heart.

I run a blog over on tumblr, but other than that I'm not a beacon of activity in the community or anything. :P

Love always,
    ~ Meow Mew
    xoxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by meowmew48 View Post
    Hey guys!
    Haven't used my account in a good long while because of school, so I'm a lurker now. :3 Figured I'd fix that up real quick.

I don't think I ever really intro'd myself anyway..
    I hail from Michigan (the mitten!) and am currently going to school for a degree in computer science. You can kinda guess my interests from that (mostly computer-y stuff). I don't practice the DL lifestyle because of school and living at home over the summer, but I still am a DL at heart.

I run a blog over on tumblr, but other than that I'm not a beacon of activity in the community or anything. :P

Love always,
    ~ Meow Mew
    xoxoxo
    Hey there Meow Mew!

Great name!

There's actually quite a few CS students/graduates on this site (myself included). What is your favourite area of interest in CS?

Favourite programming language?

Anyway, it's good to see that you are not lurking (at least a little!).

I hope to see you around the site more; there are lots of interesting discussions, and I'm certain everyone would love extra input!

Hope you have been enjoying yourself at least!

- Lobie

Hey. I know how it feels to step away for a while. Currently getting back into it myself

Actually interesed to hear more about the computer science courses that are run. I'm an IT tech myself dabbling in a bit of everything really whatever job needs doing.

Never snuck in some time to wear in private then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    Great name!
    There's actually quite a few CS students/graduates on this site (myself included). What is your favourite area of interest in CS?
    Favourite programming language?
    Thanks!
    I've been taking general classes mostly, but I'm particularly intrigued by networking & databases. I'm hoping some industry experience will help me find a particular area that I'd like to focus my career on. It's such a broad field!
    I'm proficient in Java, C, and a bit of Assembly. I think I enjoy writing C though most, even if it can be irritating at times. I think I'll look into C++ and maybe Objective C next. Particularly the latter, since the mobile dev stuff has really become a huge market.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenWolfie View Post
    Actually interesed to hear more about the computer science courses that are run. I'm an IT tech myself dabbling in a bit of everything really whatever job needs doing.
    Never snuck in some time to wear in private then?
    There are the Intro courses that get the basics of programming down (methods, classes, loops/logic, etc.), those were taught in Java at my school (though I think they're considering switching to C++). We have a specific class for C, and another that deals with circuits/low-level programming in Assembly. I particularly enjoyed the class dealing with data structures, too. Most of the theoretical stuff comes in the later classes, which I'll be starting on this year.

As for wearing, I really haven't had any opportune time to... I live in the dorms at college, and those are a two-person one-room setup. It would be doable, but I'd feel really weird if my roomie found out; we're good friends and plan on rooming for the last 2 years, not sure what he'd think. Live with my parents back home, mother stays home and we're out in the country (can't walk to the store, don't have a car of my own). Again would be doable, but risky. I think I'll hold off 'til I can get an apartment of my own.