Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson...

Default Michael Jackson...

Wasn't sure where to post this or even if it had been brought up before, but I was thinking the other day about MJ and the accusations levied against him, the lawsuit he settled in 1993 and the trial the following decade in which he was acquitted of charges of sexual misconduct with children...

Something never felt right with me about the idea that he molested children. He didn't seem to fit the profile. I'm wondering if he was an AB or was just age regressing.

Think about it. You're arguably the BIGGEST music star in the world. The King of Pop. You've had zero childhood and grew up in an abusive, dysfunctional family in which you were in the spotlight from the time you were six years old. The world watched you develop from a young child into a young man, and you gained fame and stardom that rivaled Elvis Presley and The Beatles. You sold millions upon millions of records and counted fans by the millions as well. Uncountable wealth was yours. You could do whatever you want, but the drawback is, everyone would know about it.

Now, I am not suggesting MJ was an AB in the sense like I am or anyone else here is. He might have been but I don't think he would have been able to hide wearing a diaper or anything like that. Someone would definitely have leaked that to a tabloid. But, what clearer sign of age regression do you need than an amusement park and a zoo in your back yard? MJ hung out with scores of children even after the first one sued him and claimed abuse. Many people wrote the parents of these kids off as stupid. Many people were convinced that MJ was a child predator, but isn't it more likely, seen through the filter of those who know age regression, that he was simply living as a child at times?

Granted, where he erred was in being alone with children in an unsupervised environment. For his own protection he never should have allowed that, but perhaps he did have a more innocent sense about him and never thought it would be an issue or that it would come back and bite him later. I know, it looks weird. Well, so do AB/DL's. It "looked" like he was a kidtoucher. Well, lots of people assume that AB/DL's are kidtouchers. I recall reading in the description of "paraphilic infantilism" that AB's tend to be more protective of children than most and wouldn't dream of hurting a child, that they want to BE children/toddlers/babies, not exploit them.

I don't know, maybe I am reaching and we'll never really know, but if I had to place a bet on what the real story was, I would be more willing to bet that MJ never acted inappropriately with children, that he was doing what he could to age regress and re-live a childhood he never got to have. He did a lot for children, the vast majority of which he never met, and of the ones he did, only a couple made accusations, none of which were proven.

It's really sad that he went out the way he did. I think he was a musical genius whose personal struggles proved to be too much, and that the willingness to see a star fall in this sick culture led to people not giving him the benefit of the doubt when he was accused of a crime that, even if found not guilty of, still follows you for the rest of your life.

Thoughts? I'm just stirring the coffee here.

Who among us here wouldn't want to have something like Neverland Ranch? I know I would.

No, Mattikins, I do not think you are reaching here at all. It is exactly what I have always believed about Michael Jackson myself.

I grew up at the same time as he did--he was my age--and watched sadly as fame and media pressure and his dysfunctional family life unraveled him, making him into a national joke even as he retained the iconic talent that made him what he always had been. I watched him have those surgeries, those pathetic facial surgeries, that made him ultimately look less human and less comprehensible, more like some kind of alien creature of whom anything might be believable. I read with fascination as story after story detailed a failed marriage and then another marriage and then children with odd names before odd names were fashionable and then the infamous balcony incident. I lusted after Neverland Ranch, recognizing it as Michael's own version of "Citizen Kane's" Xanadu, but just as in that movie (and for that matter the poem on which Kane's castle is based) the ranch could not in itself create happiness. It was an empty front, a false paradise.

And, sadly, I always I knew it would be. Because I always suspected that Michael Jackson wanted something he could never ever have: his childhood back. I recognized the syndrome. It was something I too felt so often. It was indeed the AB part of me, but as you said I had (and have) no reason to suspect that he had any true AB tendencies. You are, however, almost certainly right in labeling his needs a kind of age regression: he did not wish to fondly those children; he wanted to be one of them. He probably felt, when they were with him and he was playing--in the most benign sense of that word--with them, that he was one of them. I am sure that, as you said, he would never have dreamed of harming any of them.

This is a conviction I have always had about him. Nothing about the man's life suggests to me that he would do the things he was accused of doing except for the oddness of it. But if one looks at that life with the perspective of someone who understands AR needs and the psychology behind them, then everything about him makes perfect sense: the ranch, the zoo, the personal amusement park, the children...everything. Maybe even the ridiculous surgeries were merely a way to make himself look, to his eyes, more innocent and childlike. Maybe even his purchase of the Elephant Man's bones--another misunderstood soul--makes more sense in this light.

I wish he had not felt the shame he obviously felt that required him to become so dependent on drugs. His was a once in a century talent. There is simply no one else even close.

MJ was not a child molester . If every one looks at his life he never had a childhood. As an adult he wanted what he never had, A childhood. In his later years he used the makeup to cover the old man that he had become. MJ with out his makeup and wig on looked like a man in his mid 60's. MJ was bald on top due the the fire during the Pepsi commercial . He lived in pain after that the rest of his life.

I'm glad to know that I am not alone in my estimation. I never thought he acted out sexually with children, but our media are a bunch of sensationalistic ghouls who love nothing more than to watch an icon fall.

He didn't really have a childhood so he kept it with him as an adult to relive it. I read naked photos were found in his room but one of my online friends told me the LA police are known for planting things in peoples cars and homes to catch them. There was even a video on youtube that was never shown on TV in our country and all these teens admitted to lying about being molested because their parents made them say it. MJ was known for giving "hush money" and it made him look guilty but he was the sort of person to move on and get over it. But only guilty people do that and he made himself look guilty.

I believed for a while he did it and having all these kids at his house looked skeptic to me. It's not appropriate for an adult to play with children unless they are the teacher or the parent or the nanny or babysitting or working with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    He didn't really have a childhood so he kept it with him as an adult to relive it. I read naked photos were found in his room but one of my online friends told me the LA police are known for planting things in peoples cars and homes to catch them. There was even a video on youtube that was never shown on TV in our country and all these teens admitted to lying about being molested because their parents made them say it. MJ was known for giving "hush money" and it made him look guilty but he was the sort of person to move on and get over it. But only guilty people do that and he made himself look guilty.

I believed for a while he did it and having all these kids at his house looked skeptic to me. It's not appropriate for an adult to play with children unless they are the teacher or the parent or the nanny or babysitting or working with them.
    Like some of us on this site MJ was more child then Adult. He may even thought of himself as being Peter Pan. Look what he called his ranch ,"Neverland Ranch" Neverland is from Peter Pan.

I think there's some loss of objectivity here since none of us knows what he really was or did. Do I hope that he was some variety of AB/kidult/little? Yes, I do, only for the reason that in that light his inappropriate actions may have brought less harm on the children with whom he interacted than molestation. Regardless of what he was, he made a number of terrible choices that affected not just himself but family and friends and quite simply, he should have known better.

For me this falls in the category of "We'll never know for sure". None of us were in the room to witness anything first hand.

Its clear he was terminally wierd. Did that include inappropriate sexual things with children? Maybe, maybe not. I suspect it would depend on your definition of inappropriate. Seen from a distance, and filtered by the media, he never seemed like a sexual being in any conventional sense. That doesn't mean that he was incapable of touching other people's children in places and ways that most people would find unacceptable, even if he didn't think of it as sexual. I'm thinking of a couple situations from my childhood when I was maybe 5 or 6, playing with the neighbor girls (who were 10 or 11 at the time). I've considered writing a diaper story about it, but I haven't been able to come up with a way to write it without violating content guidelines. I know it wasn't a sexual thing for me at that age, and I don't think it was for them, but a dry description would sure seem like it was.

As for the accusations, when you're in the public eye, perceived to be rich and famous, lots of things come out of the woodwork. Its really, really hard to figure out what's true, and what's someone trying to latch onto a mealticket or a piece of your fame.

I've seen this as a plausible explanation. Jackson could have been a child molestor (not saying he was, just that it's possible), but one of the kids that accused him confessed that he made it up later on. Maybe Jackson was longing for a childhood he never had, I'm certainly not denying it.

Well I can't rule on the issue of child molesting... But those aren't accusations that should be dismissed so idle - only because you LIKE his musical alter ego / stage personality.

Can't proof it either of course... no one can - however someone with enough money can get away with "murder" ... so I'm skeptical.

It is without doubt difficult to grow up in Show-Biz, and those circumstances - but neither would be an excuse if said allegations about abuse would be true.

however... I'm usually in favor of letting the dead rest (with a few exceptions) - besides I never really gotten the MJ hype anyhow.