Thread: I've missed this place, so much more than I thought I did

Red face I've missed this place, so much more than I thought I did

I've been gone for a few months, and before that I was gone for almost a year. When I last logged in around April I was in a very dark place which had only gotten worse with time. Now I'm getting back to a better mindset, and I think being around people on this particular site might encourage my revival in life.

I met some people on CollarMe and Fetlife that I should not have wasted time on. The majority were too extreme and unrealistic, others not relatable, and the rest just didn't spark anything in me. The latter of the three is going to be the hardest to ignore as he likes to make me feel bad for wanting to break up our friendship (which he views as more of an online relationship). I've tried to break it off with him 3 times, but felt too bad and just told him we can talk (AS FRIENDS!).

Anyway...I missed you guys. I remember this site kept me sane on days where I felt like the world was against me. It made me feel like I belonged somewhere, even if what I feel is right is considered taboo to the majority. And..no one here made me compromise who I was. I've felt like I've been compromising who I am for the sake of others for far too long and far too much now and I'm done.

I'm still not sure about several things about myself, and I've come to accept that I may never fully understand. But I'm glad that I have a place to turn to when the questions become too loud.

<3

Ditto. Welcome back! There's been a few former members like yourself who have come back the last week or so.

You should never compromise yourself to sustain a relationship. While it may work in the beginning, it never can last long - you either won't be able to sustain it, or you'll lose yourself and be miserable, as you seemed to have found out. You are you, there is no one else that can be you, so why should you try to be like someone else?

I know it may be hard to accept yourself for who you are, but you'll find that once you can do that, life doesn't seem all that bad, even if the situation you are in isn't quite ideal.

--sf
    Last edited by Starfox; 03-Aug-2013 at 22:40.

Compromising isn't inherently bad, as long as you aren't the only one compromising all the time. Sounds like this last person you mentioned is a manipulative person. Not worth having those people in your life. They invent drama, and escalate situations far beyond what is necessary. Then they try to convince you it's your fault. Screw that. If you want them out of your life, I say make it happen.

Welcome back to adisc!

Hello StrawberryRaven and welcome back to the group.

What you said is a good definition of ADISC. We are a support group, and are here to help everyone come to terms with Paraphilic Infantilism. Self acceptance and understanding is so crucial to attaining balance and control in your life. I hope we can help you find the answers that you are still in need of.

Again welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Hello StrawberryRaven and welcome back to the group.

What you said is a good definition of ADISC. We are a support group, and are here to help everyone come to terms with Paraphilic Infantilism. Self acceptance and understanding is so crucial to attaining balance and control in your life. I hope we can help you find the answers that you are still in need of.

Again welcome back!
    Hear, hear! Welcome back