Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Pant Care Questions

Default Plastic Pant Care Questions

So, I use a PUL or vinyl diaper cover all the time, regardless of whether its a cloth or disposable. The internet tells me to just rinse them out with soap and water and air dry after use.

When I do that, however, after they are dry, they kind of still retain a bit of an "odor." (if you catch my drift.) So, what do you all do? should I rinse, then soak them in a mild soap for a bit? Use a stronger soap? I'm just looking for some ideas that will help deodorize, but not shorten the life of the pants.
    Thanks

robbw

My plastic panties are Comco vinyl. They go in the washing machine on a warm cycle and then on a line in the basement to air dry. They last well and they work well with two cloth prefold diapers to keep my bed dry. I wet every night. I have all my life.

Scrub them with a bit of baking soda, it'll help remove the odor. For the PUL ones, you can always run it through the wash and dry it on medium as well.

Baking soda is the best. Most plastic pants are machine washable, then air dry

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    Most plastic pants are machine washable, then air dry
    Yeah, that's all I do with my vinyl pull-ons. Never have had any odor issues.

I wash and dry my PUL covered pocket diapers and I don't get any smells after.
    I put them in the dryer with the rest of the absorbant part.

I wash my PUL diaper covers along with my AIO's everyday and have no odor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Ditto. They can go in the washer on warm. Hang the plastic ones out to dry, but you can put the PUL covers in the dryer. Plastic pants deteriorate based on contact with skin oils (or other oils) over time. That's when they become brittle and stiff. Mine typically last me about 3 months because I like the 4 mm. The 7mm pants will last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Plastic pants are lot better than the IC pants that I used.

I rinse my plastic pants in the tub with a very small amount of very mild soap, & I hang them up to air dry.