Thread: How to tell others?

Default How to tell others?

Long story short, my diaper lover side is my most heavily guarded secret. Nobody else in the world knows about it, except for people here haha. Lately I've started to want to meet others with the same interest and I realize that it will never happen if I don't tell others about it unless they mention it to me. As Eiko from Final Fantasy IX would say "I don't want to be alone anymore"! I know that it tends to be a taboo and I may lose friends and rep if I mention it to the wrong person. Are there any tell-tale signs of a DL that I've been missing?

This brings me to another point, I am always afraid to buy diapers when I am home from college. I am always afraid of my parents opening the box if I order online and seeing someone I know at the store or the others in the store passing judgment on me. I have read that this is a common theme among young DL's and that it is something that tends to be overcome. How did you guys do it?

When I bought my first pair of Goodnites, I made sure to do a couple perimeter checks before even too g to the diaper section. When I was in the clear I just went over and pretended to study them. I woud pick up random bags, flip them around, pick up another and compare. Then things started to go bad. An unexpected mother and young daughter showed up.

I tried keeping my cool, and mustered out a little "Hi". They looked away and shunned me, so I went back to business. I eventually worked up the courage to go to the checkout, but there was a line! So, I strolled over to the candy isle, and tucked the bag into my arms.

When I got into the line and paid for the stuff, the cashier told me that if I asked them, they would have give.n me a bag to hide the goodnites in.

So, ask the cashier for a plastic bag, and say it is for secret matters, then try to be rung up by the same person.

I've done the whole purchase routine multiple times and I've used multiple excuses when I feel awkward. The thing is this is my third year doing this and I've noticed the general pattern being that I don't buy them until it's been so long I'm ready to burst. I've always purchased girls goodnites, so the likelihood of someone thinking they are for me is minimal. However, at this point my bladder is outgrowing the goodnites and I want to get some real adult diapers which scares the shit out of me (If I had a diaper that wouldn't be a problem! hahaha).

Kaiden

In the UK its much easier as we have self service checkouts so I just grab a pack walk down to self serve, scan, pay and leave

Quote Originally Posted by GoodnitesLover64 View Post
    I've done the whole purchase routine multiple times and I've used multiple excuses when I feel awkward. The thing is this is my third year doing this and I've noticed the general pattern being that I don't buy them until it's been so long I'm ready to burst. I've always purchased girls goodnites, so the likelihood of someone thinking they are for me is minimal. However, at this point my bladder is outgrowing the goodnites and I want to get some real adult diapers which scares the shit out of me (If I had a diaper that wouldn't be a problem! hahaha).
    The people in the stores could care less what you are buying. When i first started using adult diapers they were still behind the pharmacist counter. Even having to ask for them never bothered me, but I wear for need so it a little different for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodnitesLover64 View Post
    Long story short, my diaper lover side is my most heavily guarded secret. Nobody else in the world knows about it, except for people here haha. Lately I've started to want to meet others with the same interest and I realize that it will never happen if I don't tell others about it unless they mention it to me. As Eiko from Final Fantasy IX would say "I don't want to be alone anymore"! I know that it tends to be a taboo and I may lose friends and rep if I mention it to the wrong person. Are there any tell-tale signs of a DL that I've been missing?

This brings me to another point, I am always afraid to buy diapers when I am home from college. I am always afraid of my parents opening the box if I order online and seeing someone I know at the store or the others in the store passing judgment on me. I have read that this is a common theme among young DL's and that it is something that tends to be overcome. How did you guys do it?
    Mine went away with time, I got more and more comfortable with buying diapers, and then I found that the best products are found online.

Just don't have any fear bud. This was a problem for me too at first. You just need to walk in with the attitude like "you know what your doing," if you know what I mean. I've been grateful that I have found a medical supply shop where the people are really friendly and treat me like any other customer. As far as regular stores go, they don't care what you are buying as long as you don't seem nervous, in which case they are more likely thinking that you are stealing something, than buying diapers for yourself. If you are worried at all about your parents finding out I suggest ordering from sites that use FedEx, like XP Medical, because you can get it shipped to a FedEx Office store where they will hold it and won't charge you like their Brown Truck competitors, or just wait until school starts back and indulge then. Whatever you decide we all know that, you can do it and all of us on ADISC support your efforts

I was going to suggest that if you are going to buy diapers, and don't have snooping parental problems, order on line. As I'm married and my wife knows and supports this lifestyle, I buy all of my "stuff" on line. But if that's not possible, then use the self checkouts. My experience is that they are fast and efficient.

As for meeting other people who like diapers, I think you almost have to do that on line. I know that some of our members have met people on Fetlife. Of course, there are the occasional "get togethers" from this site. Some people have simply started dating, and once they were serious with their SO, they broke the strange news. Either a person accepts this or they don't, but the internet has manufactured more accepting people, because more is revealed on the internet, taking away some of the "shock and awe".