Thread: Caring for your baby

Default Caring for your baby

So I came to my partner about being an adult baby, only I know she struggles with what, in my head, I would expect mummy to do. She is more than happy playing mummy but I feel she asks me a lot of questions that you would not expect to have to answer while in regression, or that mummy would/should be doing automatically.

So here's my perspective on what mummy does with her child

Take control -
    When baby is in baby 'mode', take control. Your child is vulnerable and does not know nor understand life (although level of understanding may vary on baby's age).

Speech -
    Again depending on age of your baby, speech may not be a strong point from your child. Do not necessarily try and make full conversations with them; and definitely, definitely, and again definitely do not try to talk about adult things. Honestly pretend that your child, is A BABY. 'Is [baby name] ok?' '[Baby name] want a hug?' - then back to no.1, take control and carry it through.

Games -
    There's lots of games that you can play with your baby depending on their age. I won't say much on this as there are lots of ideas roaming around the forum already. Back to no.1; take control and invite them to play the game. Your child may be shy and not answer to you asking them whether they want to.

Diaper changes -
    I got to admit, one thing that gets on my nerves is 'do you need a change?' 'Are you wet (yet)?'. Well as a baby, you're not gonna be answering questions like that, and nor are you really gonna care... And back to no.1 again. Check if your baby is wet from time to time, and if they are take them to one side to be changed. You do not need to ask your baby if they need to be, you're mummy, you make that decision.

Decision making -
    Moving nicely onto this. You are mummy who is an adult, and baby is a baby. Baby does not make decisions. Baby knows what baby wants and may point to what baby wants. Try and 'listen' to your baby's needs, take some initiative as they have no awareness or cares in the world. Offer them their water cup when you think they're thirsty for example. Just do it.

I think the advice I can really give beyond this is pretend that your baby is a real baby. Try not to look at them as an adult in any shape or form.

If you have an any other ideas to help new mummy's treat their baby's I'd love to hear them.

Xanthia

Yo... hit the nail on the head buddy... drives me nuts when my partner asks me what I want when I'm regressed, even though I've told her it doesn't work like that. Inappropriate questions while im regressed create way too much internal conflict in my head... and then she wonders why I have trouble responding but I no complain at least I have someone I can regress with.

It would be hard for some one from the outside to understand but there are some of us who are both Adult and Baby. Adult babies need to be cared for just like a normal baby.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Yo... hit the nail on the head buddy... drives me nuts when my partner asks me what I want when I'm regressed, even though I've told her it doesn't work like that. Inappropriate questions while im regressed create way too much internal conflict in my head... and then she wonders why I have trouble responding but I no complain at least I have someone I can regress with.
    yeah, I'm all alone in that venture. its just me and my cat here.....I'm sure Ill find that special someone sooner or later!

I'm a first time mummy and finding this thread is a great help. Thank you for posting it, I'm going to keep all this in mind with my baby girl so that she can be as happy a baby as you could want.

Quote Originally Posted by MummyEms View Post
    I'm a first time mummy and finding this thread is a great help. Thank you for posting it, I'm going to keep all this in mind with my baby girl so that she can be as happy a baby as you could want.
    I'm sure you will be a good Mommy.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    I'm sure you will be a good Mommy.
    Thank you Kennyrallen

Another thing I love along this same line is that my wife picks a lot of my 'little time.' For example, before bed some nights she will grab a pair of footed pajamas, a onesie, diaper, and powder and just out of nowhere diaper me for bed. I love it because it's exactly what a 2-3 year old who was still in diapers for bed would experience!

I agree with a lot of that. I do notice that part of being little for a lot of people includes not wanting to make decisions and not wanting to be in control of everything, as usually adults are! I think it could help to talk it out with your little's adult side every time before you start playing, so their adult side can tell you what they are wanting that day. But always have the option open that they don't have to decide anything even then, and can leave it up to you to decide during play. But always you want to know their little side well before you start playing at all. Good communication is really important for just about everything in life involving more than one person!

I was trying to think of what else to add, and I can only come up with right now maybe that you should be forewarned that AB emotions can often run high. Be very open and nonjudgmental if your little is upset or needs comforting. Happy littles are very very happy, but sad littles are usually very very sad, too. So far I never dealt with an angry little, but I would imagine that might be just as strong, so prepare for a big tantrum, haha.

I'm lucky in that my wife and I both knew we wanted a Daddy/LG relationship with one another. There was no bombshell, nor a big "coming out." Despite that, I want to speak up for the Mummies and Daddies and Carers to an AB out there that didn't know this was how their life was going to turn out, and yet are willing to try and accommodate and learn and please.

Don't let it get on your nerves that someone is asking you for permission to proceed with an act that is considered intimate between two adults. Likewise, if it drives you nuts that all someone wants to do is make sure the reality correlates with the fantasy, then perhaps you're better off keeping it a solo activity.

I think ABs - my little girl included - probably forget the sort of pressure we carers put ourselves under to try and make things right. And we're not gonna get it perfect, and we will slip up here and there.

I'm not ragging on you; I would just hate for people with every intention of giving you the support you want copping the blame when its not exactly right.

6 posts in and already on my high horse.