Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting a new Doctor

Default Meeting a new Doctor

Hi eveyrone,

I am meeting a new Doctor tomorrow. ihave my family history list prepared with all of my medical information.

However, I am not sure if I should mention on that sheet that I am an infantilist.

Any advice is helpful.

Thank you

fuzzyfish

Judging by what you said in your profile, it seems irrelevant. He knows you wear them because you have medical issues. Unless your being an infantilist in some way affects your physical or mental health, I have a feeling he doesn't care what you think of your undergarments.

Then again, I'm going by what you said in your profile. Which also says "My first real exposure to diapers was by my babysitters who turned me into their little baby to play with." Which is weird.

Butterfly Mage

I would say "no" to telling him/her. Infantilism would be a relevant topic for a counselor or therapist (if you happen to be seeing one). But a straight-up General Practitioner wouldn't find infantilism particularly noteworthy because it's not a medical issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I would say "no" to telling him/her. Infantilism would be a relevant topic for a counselor or therapist (if you happen to be seeing one). But a straight-up General Practitioner wouldn't find infantilism particularly noteworthy because it's not a medical issue.
    I agree. If there is a medical issue related to incontinence to discuss, then you should discuss this with your health care provider. But just to tell them you are an infantilist would be equivalent to going in and saying "I prefer blonde women" or "I eat pancakes every morning for breakfast." It is a preference, lifestyle and/or practice and is irrelevant to your health.

SnowQueen

I wouldn't. It might create an awkwardness between you and the doctor. Besides, its none of his business.

Simple....if he's a GP...no...if he's a psychologist/psychiatrist..yes!

Yeah do not do it, unless you want him to give you a refferal to see a psychologist haha. Also would not be a good first impression.

I've got to agree with everyone else here, and say no, don't tell him or her. Now if you wear because of a medical problem, like I do, then they would need to know that, because it pertains to your health. But otherwise, no.

I personally fail to see why it is relevant to tell him, unless you feel that it is in itself causing a problem. As such I will recommend you don't tell him - it isn't necessary. If it is a psychologist and you really want to tell him then that is okay, but I see no reason why you need to tell your doctor. He will probably interpret you telling him as you thinking there is something medically wrong with you because of it, for one thing.

Good question to be asked in this situation, "why? for a general GP I'd say nothing. For a physiologist it might be giving them the full picture.

So for a GP, no
    For a shrink, that's up to you.

You might want to make sure though that they don't see it as something you want to have something done about.

In general I'd advise against it, it saves a lot of problems.