Thread: the age old diaper question

Default the age old diaper question

Hello all, I have a question pertaining to sizing on Abena M4's and S4's. I know the S4s are cloth backed now but I still am wondering about the sizes. I have a 30"-31" waist, and I am wondering do I go with the S4's because they are on the high end of the spectrum, or do I go with M4's on the low end. Plastic/Cloth doesn't bother me so am only going on what size is best here. Help appreciated!

I would think the M4's. I used to be a 32 waist and they fit very well....34 now and still ok.

Comfort

The M4's Plastic is more leak resistant other than cloth will soak through and sitting down without it leaking is a big problem with cloth

well, I ordered a sample pack of the plastic backed M4's just to try it out. if they don't fit right i'll go with the S4's. I still fit into the boys Goodnites XL pretty well though, so it'll be interesting.

well, I got my M4's.....and they are way to big. S4's for me I guess.

I have the same size waist, and while the top tapes do overlap totally, the bottom ones are good. The s4's were super tight on me.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    I have the same size waist, and while the top tapes do overlap totally, the bottom ones are good. The s4's were super tight on me.
    yeah but it comes all the way up past my belly button, and pretty far up in the back. isn't that really big?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboardboy22 View Post
    yeah but it comes all the way up past my belly button, and pretty far up in the back. isn't that really big?
    In my opinion (and everyone else could have a different one), that's how they are supposed to fit. When I first started getting adult diapers awhile back, I ordered the smalls. I was inside of the range for small, 30" waist. But I found them very tight, and well...small. I next ordered the mediums, and to me they fit better. They weren't tight. Yes they were a bit big on me, and when I've worn in public, I've taken extra care to tuck the top and back of the diaper down, so it wouldn't show.

I've still got some of the smalls left in a few different brands. I don't want to go back to using them. I'm going to stick with the mediums. The mediums also don't leak on me the way the smalls did. They are bigger and will absorb more as well.

Now you could be different, and want a tighter fitting diaper. Try getting a sample of the smalls, and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    In my opinion (and everyone else could have a different one), that's how they are supposed to fit. When I first started getting adult diapers awhile back, I ordered the smalls. I was inside of the range for small, 30" waist. But I found them very tight, and well...small. I next ordered the mediums, and to me they fit better. They weren't tight. Yes they were a bit big on me, and when I've worn in public, I've taken extra care to tuck the top and back of the diaper down, so it wouldn't show.

I've still got some of the smalls left in a few different brands. I don't want to go back to using them. I'm going to stick with the mediums. The mediums also don't leak on me the way the smalls did. They are bigger and will absorb more as well.

Now you could be different, and want a tighter fitting diaper. Try getting a sample of the smalls, and see what you think.
    Like you I tried he smalls, I think it is all in what brand it is. Most smalls fit people best who have a 28" waist or smaller. With a 33" I wouldn't even bother trying to fit into a small.