Thread: food for your thought

skyfoxpup

Default food for your thought

If fish is brain food dose that make sugur glazed carrots eye candy?

skyfoxpup

What?

I think the carrot thing about being good for the eyes is an old wives tale. I have eaten carrots all my life and still had poor eye sight.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    I think the carrot thing about being good for the eyes is an old wives tale. I have eaten carrots all my life and still had poor eye sight.
    Old airman's tale. During WWII, the allies developed radar and started sinking German ships really well. The Brits didn't want Germany to know about radar, so they circulated rumors that this was due to their pilots' superior eyesight because all Royal Air Force pilots ate a lot of carrots.

skyfoxpup

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Old airman's tale. During WWII, the allies developed radar and started sinking German ships really well. The Brits didn't want Germany to know about radar, so they circulated rumors that this was due to their pilots' superior eyesight because all Royal Air Force pilots ate a lot of carrots.
    Well that is food for your thought got any more?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwolfpup View Post
    Well that is food for your thought got any more?
    The myth that spinach grows muscles stems from a typographical error. A German monk was recording nutritional value for different vegetables and found that spinach has about the same iron content as other leafy greens. But he moved the decimal on place right, indicating that the iron content of spinach is ten times what it actually is, or approximately the same as red meat.

skyfoxpup

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    The myth that spinach grows muscles stems from a typographical error. A German monk was recording nutritional value for different vegetables and found that spinach has about the same iron content as other leafy greens. But he moved the decimal on place right, indicating that the iron content of spinach is ten times what it actually is, or approximately the same as red meat.
    Ok I'm jealous ask me abot the lifetime of us currency or breaking points of bones or anything else useless but nothing about food...I started this thread so people could laugh but you made it educational kudos to you my friend

There is some truth to the carrots and eye thing... Carrots are rich in vitamin A, which is used to make the molecule rhodopsin, essential to sight. So if you have a vitamin A deficiency, you could help your sight by eating carrots. Otherwise, it's a wive's tale.