Thread: Pacific Rim

Default Pacific Rim

http://i.minus.com/in6pMrFcaFA2a.gif

So what are you waiting for? go see it!

But really I saw it yesterday and I was more impressed with the battles then I was expecting to be. During the fight from the above .gif I almost giggled with excitement. There are a few problems with the movie, but no real plot holes itself. My primary complaint comes from Charlie Day screaming all of his lines.

I think boats get a lot more durable in the near future. Still, it was a cool enough move that I let it pass. I had a good time. I would have liked to see some of the critters more clearly but in general, it was better than its subject matter would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I think boats get a lot more durable in the near future. Still, it was a cool enough move that I let it pass. I had a good time. I would have liked to see some of the critters more clearly but in general, it was better than its subject matter would suggest.
    From what I hear they already greenlit Pacific Rim 2 if Del Toro wants to do it. Hopefully this will revive his HP Lovecraft/Cthulhu movie. Also yeah that scene was a bit strange considering the tanker/cargo ship was used about 4 times but both Gypsy Danger (robot) and the second category 4. Also we barely got to see the Chinese and Russians pilots fight in the movie. It was pretty much all Striker and Gypsy Danger.

For those not in the know, each time a alien/monster comes trough the rift in the pacific ocean. They are scaled 1 to 5 and are pretty much natural disasters in their own rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    From what I hear they already greenlit Pacific Rim 2 if Del Toro wants to do it. Hopefully this will revive his HP Lovecraft/Cthulhu movie. Also yeah that scene was a bit strange considering the tanker/cargo ship was used about 4 times but both Gypsy Danger (robot) and the second category 4. Also we barely got to see the Chinese and Russians pilots fight in the movie. It was pretty much all Striker and Gypsy Danger.

For those not in the know, each time a alien/monster comes trough the rift in the pacific ocean. They are scaled 1 to 5 and are pretty much natural disasters in their own rights.
    Although I enjoyed it, I think there are better uses of del Toro's limited time. There's nothing wrong with letting a movie be an enjoyable one-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Although I enjoyed it, I think there are better uses of del Toro's limited time. There's nothing wrong with letting a movie be an enjoyable one-off.
    Del Toro already wants to do a Jager-Kaiju hybrid though, and Gypsy Danger 2.0. I'm sure they'll also bring back Striker as well.

My biggest complaint about transformers is that when they fight, you can't really see what's going on. It is just a blurr of metal. Is this the same in Pacific Rim?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    My biggest complaint about transformers is that when they fight, you can't really see what's going on. It is just a blurr of metal. Is this the same in Pacific Rim?
    Del Toro is not Micheal Bay. You can clearly see what goes on as normally its only a 1v 1 fight or a 2v1 or 2v2. There's never 7 robots and 7 monsters going at it all at once all across the screen.

Plus during the major fights such as the one in the gif, the action is pretty "slow" since its a 50+ story tall robot and the monsters are 250,000 tons. So they are both "slow" or look slow just due to scale. Optimums prime is what 20 feet at most, Gypsy Danger (robot in gif) would make Prime look like a infant.