Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know what it's like not being into this?

Default Does anyone know what it's like not being into this?

I have liked diapers for so long now, I don't think I even remember what it's like to not like diapers. I remember I had no desire to wear them and I thought then being in a messy diaper would be uncomfortable because I remembered hating it all of a sudden when I was three. I also remember I didn't like peeing in them anymore either so I didn't fee interested in wearing diapers and staying in it. Plus I thought they would be uncomfortable to wear and feel tight. Then all of a sudden I wanted to wear them again.

I wonder now how can someone not like diapers? How can someone find it gross? I guess the same way goes for how can someone like wetting their pants and bed without a diaper, how can someone like messing their pants without a diaper. I am sure that is how it feels to vanillas about people liking diapers. I just don't know what it's like anymore to not be into diapers. I can't imagine living my life and not be into it and I wonder how I lived that way back then too. I just remember not ever wearing them and I did fine, even after I was into it.

Anyone feel this way? Do any of us struggle to imagine not being into this life style? I have been into this for so long I don't think I remember anymore.

Difficult...

I'm IC and DL...
    But my feelings are a bit mixed: I guess I developed my DL side during my puberty as a coping mechanism and also when I started to explore the sexual world.
    Oh, my was I confused at first...
    The thing though is, to me diapers, more than a sexual item are a comfort item - MOST of the time (there's times when I find them a highly sexual item).
    I guess the comfort aspect came first - as when I got back into diapers for bedwetting after my parents for some time had tired any feasible alternative (from a ton of meds to alarms, to bed-pads, to nothing.... ) and I basically "begged" them for the diapers, as it was the only comfortable solution to my bedwetting issues. And I had been wearing pads every day and on trips diapers cause of my IC.
    So to me diapers & pads besides taking care of the "problem" gave me an incredible peace of mind, knowing I wont wake up in a nasty wet bed or have dripping underwear / trousers.
    Also my room wouldn't smell like a toilet from wet sheets, etc.,.. so the diapers really provided me (still do) with an awesome calm state of mind, a way for me to accept my IC/Bedwetting a lot easier than with any other "solution" (short of making the IC go away... but that doesn't seem to happen).

BUT - yes... there's a huge but:
    I HATE feeling wet / unclean... for me sitting for too long in a soaked pad / diaper really pushes me to asap get a change & clean up.
    I don't like sitting in my own pee.
    I have come to "tolerate" it - as it's part of being incontinent and a bedwetter. and as the diapers/pads absorb the wettness and really minimize it, it well is a thousand times better than those nasty wet sheets or nasty nasty wet pants.
    Gives me goose bumps just for the thought of sleeping in a wet bed....

And MESSING? No fu****g way. I've done this like twice (or maybe thrice) in my life, once for diarrhea and no other option, one time because I really couldn't hold it any more and there was no toilet in sight...and as I anyhow had diapers, I thought, better in the diapers than my underwear. The time with diarrhea I explicitly changed into a diaper instead of my regular pad, as I was out and about, and knew it could happen.
    But I was rarely in my life so grossed out by myself... and it literary took me like an hour of showering before I felt clean again after having spent the better part of two hours in a messy diapers.
    I sincerely hope, that I NEVER will have to do that again in my entire life. (I mean, ok, if it would happen I'd still say better with diapers than the underwear, but I really don't wish for it at any rate).

Also in the morning when I wake up, I usually change into a fresh pad or diaper and use either wet wipes or if available the shower.... I don't hang around in my soaked overnight diaper.
    I'm glad to get rid of it and feel a fresh nice diaper and get cleaned up.
    Although I find urine a 1000% times less "gross" than feces. (Actually I don't really find urine "gross" - but still not something I want to spend my time with ).

Thus even though I DO LIKE diapers, even though I wear protection 24/7, and despite the fact that I am IC... I simply can NOT understand how anyone likes to sit for longer than necessary in a soaked diaper and god forbid a messy diaper.

I wonder now how can someone not like diapers? How can someone find it gross? I guess the same way goes for how can someone like wetting their pants and bed without a diaper, how can someone like messing their pants without a diaper. I am sure that is how it feels to vanillas about people liking diapers. I just don't know what it's like anymore to not be into diapers. I can't imagine living my life and not be into it and I wonder how I lived that way back then too. I just remember not ever wearing them and I did fine, even after I was into it. Anyone feel this way? Do any of us struggle to imagine not being into this life style? I have been into this for so long I don't think I remember anymore.
    Picture any fetish that you personally dont find attractive and then find a fetish that you find revolting. That's basically what people who don't have your fetish feel. There's a spectrum from whatever floats your boat to ew that disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    I have liked diapers for so long now, I don't think I even remember what it's like to not like diapers. I remember I had no desire to wear them and I thought then being in a messy diaper would be uncomfortable because I remembered hating it all of a sudden when I was three. I also remember I didn't like peeing in them anymore either so I didn't fee interested in wearing diapers and staying in it. Plus I thought they would be uncomfortable to wear and feel tight. Then all of a sudden I wanted to wear them again.

I wonder now how can someone not like diapers? How can someone find it gross? I guess the same way goes for how can someone like wetting their pants and bed without a diaper, how can someone like messing their pants without a diaper. I am sure that is how it feels to vanillas about people liking diapers. I just don't know what it's like anymore to not be into diapers. I can't imagine living my life and not be into it and I wonder how I lived that way back then too. I just remember not ever wearing them and I did fine, even after I was into it.

Anyone feel this way? Do any of us struggle to imagine not being into this life style? I have been into this for so long I don't think I remember anymore.
    I'm still relatively new to the whole dl thing and I usually just wear as a "treat", like having an ice cream sundae. I wish I could do it more, but a family and career restraints limit my dl time. I using a diaper less disgusting than a public outhouse at a roadside rest or a port-a-potty at a park. They're just plain nasty!

A few years ago, I would have scoffed at the whole idea of an adult wearing a diaper unless they were ic. Why would anyone want to wet or mess on purpose? You spend the first few years of your life trying not to do it, so why regress? Then you hope you don't wind up in diapers when you get old and can't control yourself. I was at a elder care facility a few years ago visiting someone who had Alzheimer's. They had a small social gathering with singing (done mostly by the piano player) and all of a sudden I smelled poop. One lady was so bad off with Alzheimer's (or something) that she had completely lost all control over time and had messed her diaper. Ew! Another resident was thoroughly disgusted by it as well, even though she probably had a problem herself of some kind.

It is not accepted by society as "normal", it's being a "baby" to wear a diaper unless you have a medical reason. It's a fetish, something you like to do that's not "normal". Some people are into bd, which I find weird, but what people do in the comfort and privacy of their own homes is their business as long as it's not hurting anyone. And so it is with you and others, Calico. If you like to do it then keep on doing it. Don't worry about padding up in your own home and especially what others think about it. The example I keep thinking about is homosexuality. 30 years ago it would kill your career or family if you came out. It was totally unacceptable. But over time, more and more people came out and it has become moderately accepted to the point where more and more same sex marriages are happening all over the world. Will certain fetishes get accepted, too. I'm guessing not likely, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Difficult...

I'm IC and DL...
    But my feelings are a bit mixed: I guess I developed my DL side during my puberty as a coping mechanism and also when I started to explore the sexual world.
    Oh, my was I confused at first...
    The thing though is, to me diapers, more than a sexual item are a comfort item - MOST of the time (there's times when I find them a highly sexual item).
    I guess the comfort aspect came first - as when I got back into diapers for bedwetting after my parents for some time had tired any feasible alternative (from a ton of meds to alarms, to bed-pads, to nothing.... ) and I basically "begged" them for the diapers, as it was the only comfortable solution to my bedwetting issues. And I had been wearing pads every day and on trips diapers cause of my IC.
    So to me diapers & pads besides taking care of the "problem" gave me an incredible peace of mind, knowing I wont wake up in a nasty wet bed or have dripping underwear / trousers.
    Also my room wouldn't smell like a toilet from wet sheets, etc.,.. so the diapers really provided me (still do) with an awesome calm state of mind, a way for me to accept my IC/Bedwetting a lot easier than with any other "solution" (short of making the IC go away... but that doesn't seem to happen).

BUT - yes... there's a huge but:
    I HATE feeling wet / unclean... for me sitting for too long in a soaked pad / diaper really pushes me to asap get a change & clean up.
    I don't like sitting in my own pee.
    I have come to "tolerate" it - as it's part of being incontinent and a bedwetter. and as the diapers/pads absorb the wettness and really minimize it, it well is a thousand times better than those nasty wet sheets or nasty nasty wet pants.
    Gives me goose bumps just for the thought of sleeping in a wet bed....

And MESSING? No fu****g way. I've done this like twice (or maybe thrice) in my life, once for diarrhea and no other option, one time because I really couldn't hold it any more and there was no toilet in sight...and as I anyhow had diapers, I thought, better in the diapers than my underwear. The time with diarrhea I explicitly changed into a diaper instead of my regular pad, as I was out and about, and knew it could happen.
    But I was rarely in my life so grossed out by myself... and it literary took me like an hour of showering before I felt clean again after having spent the better part of two hours in a messy diapers.
    I sincerely hope, that I NEVER will have to do that again in my entire life. (I mean, ok, if it would happen I'd still say better with diapers than the underwear, but I really don't wish for it at any rate).

Also in the morning when I wake up, I usually change into a fresh pad or diaper and use either wet wipes or if available the shower.... I don't hang around in my soaked overnight diaper.
    I'm glad to get rid of it and feel a fresh nice diaper and get cleaned up.
    Although I find urine a 1000% times less "gross" than feces. (Actually I don't really find urine "gross" - but still not something I want to spend my time with ).

Thus even though I DO LIKE diapers, even though I wear protection 24/7, and despite the fact that I am IC... I simply can NOT understand how anyone likes to sit for longer than necessary in a soaked diaper and god forbid a messy diaper.
    Got that right brother....I mean for me personally....EWWWWW....just ain't gonna happen if I have anything that can possibly be done to prevent it.

But, at the same time if that is what you like or have to deal with...cest' la vie.

Actually... I kinda do. I've had a fetish for diapers for a long time, but never really had a strong desire to wear. Fast forward to about 7-8 months ago when I read a My Little Pony ab/DL fanfic. I felt a strange warmth in my chest, and not too long afterwards I was trying to fashion a makeshift. Soon someone convinced me to join this site, and my desires for diapers grew.

So while I do find a lot of comfort in my makeshift, life before this was... easier. Now I have all these wants to be babied and have to worry about what will happen if I never find someone to share this side of myself with.

I think I do. I went through a three-ish month period shortly before joining our precursor site where the desire just left me. I wouldn't classify this as a purge, as for me, those have always included desire but had stronger feelings of self-loathing. In this case, I just woke up one morning, looked at the diapers in my closet and laughed to myself. I couldn't see how I could have possibly wanted them. I didn't feel like it was wrong to have wanted them, just irrelevant.

It felt a bit like a weight had been lifted or maybe a set of filters by which I observed the world were gone. Those first couple days, I was in a bit of a daze, evaluating everything through this new perspective where diapers didn't matter. Compared to some, perhaps my urges are not as consistently high. I feel like it's almost always there but at a fairly low level, waiting for some opportunity to surge; like a little background hum. When this hum was gone, it took a little getting used to.

About a month in, I seriously considered getting rid of my stuff just because it seemed so unlikely that I'd ever want them again. I decided to hold off since it would be just as easy to throw stuff away in another month or year and past experience had told me that this was a long-term thing. It eventually did come back, although not with storm and fury. It was more like the hum came back and I got back to my version of normal. I think it was a good experience for me to see that I'm not really all that different with it than without it. Since I was much more aware of it, I'm more curious about the cause of that than I am for the original onset of my ABDL tendencies as a child.

Nope was always into this from my earliest memory

Cherub

I can remember back as far as when I could steal my little brother's diapers out of the pack and still fit in them. This was a couple years before I even went to kindergarten. Today I am in my late 30's, so no, I can't ever remember a time where I wasn't interested in diapers.

Good question / point posed by the OP!