Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul and how he was censored

jcrowley1985

Default Ron Paul and how he was censored

Decided to put this in my own thread as well as you don't take too kindly to me discussing it elseware. For those who don't know, Ron Paul was censored from speaking at the 2012 Republican National Convention and his delegates' votes were voided. Whether you support the man or not, you have to see this as a great injustice done to the electoral system in America. It just goes to show that your vote doesn't matter and the corporate elite who really run this country will silence anyone who goes against their agenda.

Discuss.

Ron Paul was NOT censored, he didn't have enough delegates and there was no dirty pool played; it was the Paul supporters who played dirty pool by acting like spoilt children. He didn't have enough delegates because the Paul supporters knew Nebraska was not going to let the Paul supporters get away with their dirty games that they played in other states. It was the Paul supporters that caused it. If you all had not acted like you were at a WWE show you probably might have gotten somewhere.

WildThing121675

I saw all the YouTube vids of Paul supposedly being cheated out and I didn't see the so-called evidence by Paul supporters. All I saw were a bunch of immature children who should never have been at the local events.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrowley1985 View Post
    Decided to put this in my own thread as well as you don't take too kindly to me discussing it elseware. For those who don't know, Ron Paul was censored from speaking at the 2012 Republican National Convention and his delegates' votes were voided. Whether you support the man or not, you have to see this as a great injustice done to the electoral system in America. It just goes to show that your vote doesn't matter and the corporate elite who really run this country will silence anyone who goes against their agenda.

Discuss.
    The only injustice here is the slaughtering of grammar and spelling. : ) That was a joke, but seriously, the election is over. If you want to fight, look toward the next presidential election.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrowley1985 View Post

Discuss.
    Your bitching about him being censored by his OWN PARTY! "The republicans" don't like him because hes a libertarian, not a republican or conservative. Also he was never going to be nominated for the republican candidate at all and likely never will. He's never come that close to it to make it a nail-bitter.

I actually voted for him in the california primary but what happened at the convention doesn't matter. The whole thing was a fucking joke that did nothing to win republicans votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    The only injustice here is the slaughtering of grammar and spelling. : ) That was a joke, but seriously, the election is over. If you want to fight, look toward the next presidential election.
    ummm, did you forget the part where the GOP refused to seat the legally elected Maine delegates? What good is a presidential election if the GOP is going to break its own rules whenever it feels like?

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    That was a joke, but seriously, the election is over. If you want to fight, look toward the next presidential election.
    This. This was discussed back when it happened in the various political threads we had at the time. This happened a year ago and has no clear ongoing ramifications.

Even on the merits of the issue though, the fact of the matter is that a modern political convention is an extended infomercial for and designed by the winner. Not only was Ron Paul not the winner, but most of the delegates he won came from gaming the eccentricities of caucus systems rather than because he had wide popular support within the party. It's hard to feel badly about the fact that eccentricities of the convention were gamed back in return to keep it on message rather than about Ron Paul side-stories.

The intra-party methods for picking a candidate aren't required to be "just" and they hardly try to even maintain that pretense. They exist as they do in the order that they do more for historical reasons than because the primary and caucus season makes any sense at all to begin with, each party tweaks its format significantly every few election cycles, and in the not so distant past conventions literally involved picking national candidates behind closed doors in smoky rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    ummm, did you forget the part where the GOP refused to seat the legally elected Maine delegates? What good is a presidential election if the GOP is going to break its own rules whenever it feels like?
    Well, if the Republican party wants to devour its own, it is no skin off my liberal back.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Ron Paul was NOT censored, he didn't have enough delegates and there was no dirty pool played; it was the Paul supporters who played dirty pool by acting like spoilt children. He didn't have enough delegates because the Paul supporters knew Nebraska was not going to let the Paul supporters get away with their dirty games that they played in other states. It was the Paul supporters that caused it. If you all had not acted like you were at a WWE show you probably might have gotten somewhere.

WildThing121675

I saw all the YouTube vids of Paul supposedly being cheated out and I didn't see the so-called evidence by Paul supporters. All I saw were a bunch of immature children who should never have been at the local events.
    Nah, we are never going to get anywhere, the anti-war, fiscal conservative small government logic just doesn't sell. To succeed, you have got to tell the people what they want to hear, and not the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    This. This was discussed back when it happened in the various political threads we had at the time. This happened a year ago and has no clear ongoing ramifications.

Even on the merits of the issue though, the fact of the matter is that a modern political convention is an extended infomercial for and designed by the winner. Not only was Ron Paul not the winner, but most of the delegates he won came from gaming the eccentricities of caucus systems rather than because he had wide popular support within the party. It's hard to feel badly about the fact that eccentricities of the convention were gamed back in return to keep it on message rather than about Ron Paul side-stories.

The intra-party methods for picking a candidate aren't required to be "just" and they hardly try to even maintain that pretense. They exist as they do in the order that they do more for historical reasons than because the primary and caucus season makes any sense at all to begin with, each party tweaks its format significantly every few election cycles, and in the not so distant past conventions literally involved picking national candidates behind closed doors in smoky rooms.
    2012? The intra-party methods should follow the rules said party has written, right?

I hope the republican party continues to attack its own as well as constantly change its views towards issues such as immigration in order to appeal to a wider audience. Some times it is best to step back and let one's opponents defeat themselves.

Another thing that sank Ron Paul is his racist past. I like parts of his message but I don't like the man himself. He has too much of a radical past and too many people who support him are also on the extreme radical side; people like Alex Jones, Adam Kokesh and Lew Rockwell. That's one thing that may have kept Paul down. I couldn't see past his racist past as to me he was up there with 1988 candidate David Duke, who was a member of the KKK.

I support some of Paul's message, but parts of it I don't like. I don't like the austerity the man preaches, I don't like the idea of gutting social security or Medicare. THAT I don't support. I don't support austerity measures as we all know how that's going in Europe.

I do not believe Paul was cheated, the messages he preaches are not popular with a lot of people... and that is that's another thing that sunk him. I know I may have aggravated this thread by participating but I do have to ask; the elections are over- why worry about it?