Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Replacing stolen baby stuff

  1. #1

    Default Replacing stolen baby stuff

    Ok, so thoughout the course of the past three months my parents have found and thrown away pretty much all of my baby stuff . I don't even bother to bring any of it home from a friends house where it's shipped to. I am rather tired of this to say the least. Awhile ago I used one of my parents debit cards to pay for something that was non abdl related . I am thinking about using it again, except for all of the purchases that were stolen from me . Would this be considered illegal ?

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ChubbyMower
    I am thinking about using it again, except for all of the purchases that were stolen from me .
    Yes, it's illegal.

  3. #3

    Default

    If they don't know you used it, then yes it is illegal as you are stealing from them. Remember 2 wrongs don't make a right.

  4. #4

    Default

    I would have to agree with everyone else on this.

    Although it annoys you and upsets you that items you purchased were threw out, your parents probably done that because the don't like what you are doing. They will probably assume that by throwing it out, will make you think that you have wasted your money and that you won't do it again.

    My parents made me throw one of my old dummies out. At the time I was angry but that's life, i just put it behind me and moved on by getting a new one.

    Back on point, using your parents card to buy more baby products will;

    (1) show up in the their card statement as baby products (depending on where you shop online)

    (2) shows that you have no respect for your parents

    (3) is a blatant act of childlisness, as in to say, you threw my stuff out, I'm buying more, but with your money. See it as revenge for example.

    (4) will cause a riot between you and your parents and/or family, if your parents tell other people

    You could always move out into your own flat or house and then you can do what you want, however until then, im afraid to say that under their roof, it's their rules, if you don't like it, lump it.

    That is just my opinion so don't take it the wrong way. I am merely trying to stop you doing something which has a lot of consequences.

    FlightSimPro

  5. #5
    jcrowley1985

    Default

    If you're over 18, you're an adult and they can't legally take your stuff like that. An no, you can't steal from them as a way to get repaid, but I would explain to them that as an adult you don't appreciate them taking your stuff and you expect them to replace it. Not sure if you'd want to file a police report but if it makes you feel better, you can report stolen goods to them.

  6. #6

    Default

    1. it would indeed be illegal.
    2. it would be no better, if not worse (motives) than what your parents did.

    Consider that while you live at home, it's your parents house... if they don't want you to bring in certain items.... they can TELL you not to... if you heed their wish or not, that's another matter entirely.
    whilst it is a jackass move to throw away your belongings, I tend to believe that the entire situation is more complex than a simple "they threw away my stuff.." case.
    It's family, it's emotional stuff... and they seem to be really NOT OK with your being an AB.

    As they obviously though KNOW about your AB side, it's in my opinion VERY important to have a long and thorough conversation, mature conversation, about all of that.
    The proverbial cat is out of the bag... Thus there is no benefit in fueling - negatively -the situation any further (suggestions such as filing a police report... oh my.)
    You don't need to blow it out of proportion and escalate the issue (by committing theft) or by neglecting to seek an active dialog about the whole situation.

    What I can recommend, in case you - for whatever reason - think that communication between you and your parents isn't going to be possible on a mature level: seek the help of a councilor / therapist as a mediator in such a discussion.
    He/She may also be able to make your parents understand personal boundaries, etc...

    A good conversation starter though, is to ask your parents, what they hope to achieve by throwing away said items.
    Usually in such conversations, when you act like a rebel, the other side will often reply in kind.
    If you play this out with a question as to what the hope to achieve, you give them an opening to explain themselves without being "pushy".
    At the same time it gives you a chance to explain, that by throwing away your stuff, this side of yours is not going away at any rate, that it has been something that has been "with you" for a long time.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    1. it would indeed be illegal.
    2. it would be no better, if not worse (motives) than what your parents did.

    Consider that while you live at home, it's your parents house... if they don't want you to bring in certain items.... they can TELL you not to... if you heed their wish or not, that's another matter entirely.
    whilst it is a jackass move to throw away your belongings, I tend to believe that the entire situation is more complex than a simple "they threw away my stuff.." case.
    It's family, it's emotional stuff... and they seem to be really NOT OK with your being an AB.

    As they obviously though KNOW about your AB side, it's in my opinion VERY important to have a long and thorough conversation, mature conversation, about all of that.
    The proverbial cat is out of the bag... Thus there is no benefit in fueling - negatively -the situation any further (suggestions such as filing a police report... oh my.)
    You don't need to blow it out of proportion and escalate the issue (by committing theft) or by neglecting to seek an active dialog about the whole situation.

    What I can recommend, in case you - for whatever reason - think that communication between you and your parents isn't going to be possible on a mature level: seek the help of a councilor / therapist as a mediator in such a discussion.
    He/She may also be able to make your parents understand personal boundaries, etc...

    A good conversation starter though, is to ask your parents, what they hope to achieve by throwing away said items.
    Usually in such conversations, when you act like a rebel, the other side will often reply in kind.
    If you play this out with a question as to what the hope to achieve, you give them an opening to explain themselves without being "pushy".
    At the same time it gives you a chance to explain, that by throwing away your stuff, this side of yours is not going away at any rate, that it has been something that has been "with you" for a long time.
    I totally agree with this advice.

  8. #8

    Default

    Using debit/credit card of other person is (in EU, but not only there) considered as a crime (falsification of money.) Another thing is your privacy. Don't allow your parents checking in your things. Or move you out (it's the best way.)

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySmoker View Post
    Using debit/credit card of other person is (in EU, but not only there) considered as a crime (falsification of money.) Another thing is your privacy. Don't allow your parents checking in your things. Or move you out (it's the best way.)
    I had some free time yesterday so I created a hotmail account and a amazon account to be only used for that kind of purchases . Since no one else uses hotmail in our house my chances, I would think of getting caught is slim to nothing , even though I used my real name to create it. Also I will never log on my parents computer with either new account . I do have one more question : can they see that a new amazon account has been created under my first , but not last name?The new hotmail account to, but the hotmail account has both first and last name in it .

  10. #10
    skyfoxpup

    Default

    It may be an eye for an eye... but both parties you and your parents are in the wrong you steal ing them stealing and distructon of property... both are mistmeaners but if you where to take them to court they could counter sue you for theft. Between tjat and court costs I would not take that road it wouldn't be worth it...

Similar Threads

  1. where do you keep your baby stuff
    By skittlesfirehawk in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-May-2013, 09:58
  2. Mom found my baby stuff---at least I got away with it
    By TKing1391 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-Sep-2012, 02:44
  3. Hiding Baby Stuff
    By ozbub in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-Jul-2012, 21:49
  4. What baby/kid stuff do you have in real life?
    By PaddedJake in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 23-Apr-2012, 21:18
  5. adult baby look for ab stuff
    By babyscotty in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-Oct-2011, 04:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.