Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had to share

Default Had to share

I'm not a regular poster, but I had to share this with someone. Recently I have had a real interest in waking up in a wet diaper (I haven't wet the bed since I was 3). So two weeks ago I decided to wear to bed every night, with my alarm waking me at 3am to relieve myself and go back to sleep. I did this for about six nights in a row.

Life threw me a little extra stress less week so on monday I figured I'd forgo this little experiment in favour of getting the good nights sleep I need. Then, at 4:30 am this morning I woke up mid stream, undiapered. Luckily I was able to cut it off before much more than my boxers and top sheet got a little damp.

I should probably add that I was really tired and had a few beers and shots at a buddies house earlier in the night(if I was intoxicated, it was only a slight buzz). But that is nothing unusual and actually pretty tame, as my friday nights often involve much more drinking than that(ie blackout drunk binge drinking) and never have I wet the bed, couch, floor, wherever I end up.

Has this experiment actually affected my night control? What are some thoughts?
    Last edited by wsherwood; 20-Jul-2013 at 18:07.

Maybe, hope that's what you wanted. Its probably only effected your control slightly. If you stop now it will prob go back to normal, else one day you might be able to wake in the morning with a wet diaper and have no memory of wetting it.

For me you may of had a dream where you think you are still at your friends house drinking and don't remember going to sleep so in the dream you may of went to the bathroom to...pee and the feeling when you started to wet woke you up as water tends to wake people up, if you enjoyed it then try stick to it but maybe stay diapered or just try not think about it...but in my Opinion Bedwetting is cute :3

My experience:

Using the diaper regularly through the night hasn't interfered with my ability to stay dry (or, rather, wake to pee) when not wearing. I can say that I often rouse when I start to pee, although I usually drift off again before I finish. (Actually, wetting in the diaper seems to put me back to sleep pretty much right away.) I can't tell whether I always do. I usually wake up a lot wetter than I can account for by the times I remember rousing, but that could well be because I rouse so briefly. (I kind of like to rouse when I pee. I love that feeling and the way the sleep washes back over me.)

Peeing in a dream doesn't necessarily result in peeing in your bed. I used to worry about this a lot pre-diaper. But the diaper allowed me to go ahead and not worry about it. (Yay, diapers.) Since then I have had dreams when I haven't been wearing in which I go ahead in pee and it has never resulted in wetting the bed for me. On the other hand, it isn't always a warning that I need to pee for me, rather it is a regular feature of many of my dreams. (These are a lot less disturbing to me now.) When I'm not wearing, I wake several times in the night to go. This is a feature of getting old, not of wearing diapers.

(I haven't tried letting myself die in a dream -).

I am often present in my dreams (as in so-called lucid dreaming) so that may be a factor in both experiences. (I can also debunk the bit about not being able to read in your dreams. I do this regularly and have even read comics that I found to be funny. I've not yet been able to remember one of them when I wake, though.)

Among the many substantial things wearing diapers has done for me is to allow me to actually find out what happens when I am in the kind of situation that used to drive me crazy with anxiety about having an accident. And to separate the times when I'd better do something about it from those in which I can relax.

Yay, diapers.

As always, your mileage may vary. (Except for the "yay, diapers" part.)

Quote Originally Posted by adasterix View Post
    My experience:

I am often present in my dreams (as in so-called lucid dreaming) so that may be a factor in both experiences. (I can also debunk the bit about not being able to read in your dreams. I do this regularly and have even read comics that I found to be funny. I've not yet been able to remember one of them when I wake, though.)
    Can this be self-taught? I've always wished to do it but never been able to.

I don't know about the "taught" part, but it was certainly self for me. I originally started experiencing it as a response to nightmares; I started rationalizing them. ("I managed to jump this high without breaking a leg, so I must be able to land without breaking one". This was years before I'd even heard of Newtonian mechanics.)

I found out later that my mother had done a similar thing when she was a child, so maybe it could be inborne. It could also be a symptom of other, less handy, things about one's brain, that I apparently also share with my mother.

I'm happy to discuss this and dreams in general, but it's off-topic here. If you want to follow-up maybe you could start a thread in the Off-Topic forum. Send me a note if you do, 'cause I don't usually follow it.

And yes, one can lucid dream about that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl View Post
    Can this be self-taught? I've always wished to do it but never been able to.
    I would be interested in knowing this also. Sounds like a good time saver, and if noting else, good entertainment for the long term memory side of the brain.

Please, let us know...inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Abner View Post
    I would be interested in knowing this also. Sounds like a good time saver, and if noting else, good entertainment for the long term memory side of the brain.

Please, let us know...inquiring minds want to know. LOL
    I've used a couple methods to try to learn, but I always stopped because I kept getting sleep paralysis. Not fun.

Here is a handy resource, I had success with a couple methods but the sleep paralysis made it not worth it for me. How to Lucid Dream: 16 Steps - wikiHow

Reading these post makes me think that I am the lucky one who wakes up in a wet diaper most mornings.

For some reason, diaper dreams for me have increased since I started with cloth. I dreampt of going in my cloth in the shower, but dont know if I wet cause I was already soaked. It was awesome though!