Thread: How is the maturity of a person measured?

Default How is the maturity of a person measured?

Maturity is a matter of taking the knowledge you have and converting to wisdom, by practicing it. If you know the speed limit is 35 mph, you are wise if you maintain that speed. If you exceed it, you are immature and unwise, b/c you will probably get a ticket.

It's measured in different ways...It just depends on who is measuring it, because some people think some things are more mature than others...There aren't a set of rules for measuring how mature someone is

Quote Originally Posted by layer.david42 View Post
    If you know the speed limit is 35 mph, you are wise if you maintain that speed. If you exceed it, you are immature and unwise, b/c you will probably get a ticket.
    How profound...

Anyway, there is no objective measurement of maturity.

EmeraldsAndLime

We can only hope then that our cars can push 88mph, and that evading the police means sparks and 1.21gigawatts of energy shot directly into the flux capacitor!

Now you see, that's not a very mature post.

Quote Originally Posted by layer.david42 View Post
    Maturity is a matter of taking the knowledge you have and converting to wisdom, by practicing it. If you know the speed limit is 35 mph, you are wise if you maintain that speed. If you exceed it, you are immature and unwise, b/c you will probably get a ticket.
    That logic makes no sense. If you exceed the speed limit, that doesn't make you immature, just unwise, as you said. One can be wise and immature. Maturity is the measure of your adultness, compared to those around you. So in other words, if you laugh at farts, and your friends don't, then guess what? You're immature.

I know I'm immature. I'm the same personality and humor wise now as I was when I was a pre-teen, and I've had people tell me that. The only difference is that now I'm smarter.

A yard stick. and sometimes a tape measure.

I don;t know I'm to in mature for this topic XD