Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tired of this

Default Tired of this

I am sick and tired about hiding who I am. I am at home during the summer waiting for the next semester to start and I hate that I have to hide this from my family especially my parents. I almost want to get caught so that I don't have to hide it anymore, but knowing my parents they would not like it overall. But than again I am 22 and my parents might not care but they have showed disapproval in the past which discourages me.
    I will continue to hide it but I just want to be open about it without any kind of possible ridicule.
    I just felt like I had to get that out there.

Sometimes I feel similarly. Occasionally I wonder if it would be good to get caught by my mother in my makeshift - no more hiding, and then a decent chance at obtaining real diapers with her assistance (wow, that sounds kinda creepy....)

But I think a lot of us go through these feelings. We wish we lived in a world where different interests, kinks, etc. could be accepted, because WE want to be accepted. We don't want to feel like weird outcasts just because we like diapers or some other unusual thing. We wish we didn't carry around these feelings of shame and guilt.

And while everybody's situation is different, I encourage you just to hang in there til summer's end. If your parents expressed disapproval in the past, I doubt they've changed their minds. Revealing this could do much more harm than good, I'm sorry to say.

I wish you the best of luck. It's not easy being ab/ dl, that's for sure...

Your right I do want to be accepted and I look for acceptance in just about every aspect of my life.
    Thanks for your words of encouragement.

I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time

That's the unfortunate reality of living with one's parents. It really is. Even though you are just venting, perhaps keeping a few things in mind might help you focus.

> You are not at home forever. You can indulge and be yourself without worry once you are out of the house and have your own space. I'm guessing you don't have a lot of privacy at home. Even if you did get caught, at least you have a safe home base.

> You can go meet like minded people. There's something very satisfying and fulfilling being around one's peers, or indulging around an accepting partner. If you have an interest in furry, you might start at con. Just be safe doing so.

I can understand your frustration, but merely hoping to get caught...is that going to make your situation better? Worse? Or perhaps merely unchanged? A kinky based lifestyle/interest probably isnt' going to come off as you hope, unless your a good speaker. They might even tell you to "keep it to your room, we don't want to know about it." So you're stuck in the same position, no better or worse without the acceptance you want. Or you could get hounded. If you are looking to feel empowered or good about yourself, parental validation (or more in this case toleration) isn't probably going to make you feel any better.

I understand the feeling, I can't even have my partner over at this time. We just have to find those avenues that give us that feel good, and those spaces/times when we can.

Hey Tall, I feel your pain. Just a couple weeks ago, I had to move back in with my parents temporarily due to an interruption in work availability. I will be out again in a couple months, but for now I'm stuck in hiding. It especially sucks after being basically free for the past while. So I know what you're going through.

Hang tough. Your situation is temporary - when your next semester starts, you'll be free again (in more ways than one - man, I miss the college days! So much time for whatever... OK, I'm officially old). Just a couple months. In the meantime, there are ways to fill the void. Come on here and keep taking part in the community. Look for chances to indulge your little side, even if that's just tuning in to a kids' show on Youtube. Do your parents ever go out? You may be able to sneak in a quick wearing session. As I've found, there are ways to get around the challenges if you're careful.

And yes, feeling unaccepted is tough. We all know what you mean. But you're accepted here, and you're not alone. Even if we're just boxes on a screen, we still think you're cool for liking diapers (and I see you're an LG/sissy, so extra sparkly cool points for you!) I understand wanting to tell your parents, but it's a permanent, possibly harmful solution to a temporary problem. In less than two months you'll be free again. So hang in there, and know you've got friends who accept you on here (and I know it can get lonely, so drop me a message any time). Keep hanging tough - you'll make it!

If you did get caught, what makes you think that you wouldn't have to continue to hide it?

I'm with KuroCat on this...

I mean, I'm sorry that you feel this way and it's surely hard overall to hide this always, to be paranoid about it, so that you're not getting caught and probably have to face a big mess.

But what does it get you, if they knew about it? Your words don't sound like that they would simply accept it, so that you could wear openly, whenever you would like to.

However, if you feel like boasting... it helps sometimes ;). So don't feel bad about it.

And furthermore it's surely hard that you're not able to tell anyone in private about it, but the time may come perhaps, surely. So keep your head high.

Besides that, perhaps it would help if you can have a little more private space for yourself? If this bothers you too, I don't know... I'm only speculating here...
    Speaking of not having to worry that your parents may break into your room, uninvited, etc.
    That's surely no biggie, if you mention this to your parents, with no apparent reason... but everyone needs a little freedom, so private space without getting disturbed.

Just my thoughts... I hope you're able to carry one and not waste to much thoughts about all this.

I'm with everyone else on this: hang in there until fall semester starts.

Will you be able to stop hiding around your parents if they find out? Possibly.

Will you makes things awkward with your parents and have to continue hiding around them? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by tall2826 View Post
    I am sick and tired about hiding who I am. I am at home during the summer waiting for the next semester to start and I hate that I have to hide this from my family especially my parents. I almost want to get caught so that I don't have to hide it anymore, but knowing my parents they would not like it overall. But than again I am 22 and my parents might not care but they have showed disapproval in the past which discourages me.
    I will continue to hide it but I just want to be open about it without any kind of possible ridicule.
    I just felt like I had to get that out there.
    Well, Honestly you NEED TO LEARN to keep certain aspects about yourself TO yourself.
    There is NO need to INVOLVE your parents at any rate, especially if you basically know that they're disapproving.
    So you want them to know, that you can INDULGE IN YOUR FETISH / LIFESTYLE more freely without concerns of getting caught.
    Harsh: you're 22, get your act together... your parents probably never told you into just how much kink they are (and trust me, most people are kinkier than they care to admit)...
    That does not mean you can't indulge in your ABDLDF... stuff at any rate - it's just that you should act with some moderation & discretion. and you'll be fine.

Why the need to flaunt this... worst case: your relationship with your parents becomes a lot more complicated... and that for not even a good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine
    Sometimes I feel similarly. Occasionally I wonder if it would be good to get caught by my mother in my makeshift - no more hiding, and then a decent chance at obtaining real diapers with her assistance (wow, that sounds kinda creepy....).
    creepy, hell yes, creepy thought indeed.
    But honestly, you're able to BUY your OWN diapers at 20. ...there is not a single law (I guess world wide) that prevents you from buying your own diapers. And seriously a pack doesn't cost the world either if you don't opt for wearing diapers 24/7 and don't opt for the "fashion brands".
    So why, why exactly would you NEED YOUR MOM to help you with obtaining real diapers?????????

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine
    But I think a lot of us go through these feelings. We wish we lived in a world where different interests, kinks, etc. could be accepted, because WE want to be accepted. We don't want to feel like weird outcasts just because we like diapers or some other unusual thing. We wish we didn't carry around these feelings of shame and guilt.
    "We" is maybe more adequately "YOU".
    To ME there is a VAST difference between accepting who I am and being accepted for who I am. As an integral human being with a multitude of emotional, psychological, physiological, etc facets to my person, I do indeed feel the need for *some* acceptance. But honestly WHY would I need ACCEPTANCE from either my parents or friends or whomever (besides my SO) when it comes to KINKS.
    Why do so many have this imho rather blown out of proportion need to communicate with the whole wide world how kinky they are and yet how "NORMAL" it is and request/desire broad acceptance for this?
    Seriously, what do you hope to achieve - less self hate? less guilt? that shit comes from within and it's self acceptance you'd need and not general acceptance by proxy.

Why is it so hard to understand, that involving people outside of SO/GF/BF/... is usually not received that well (There are EXCEPTIONS TO EVERYTHING of course).

But ask yourself do you think it would ENHANCE your relationship with mom & dad if they would approach you in a manner like "Hey son, I guess as you're still living at home - and we have done this long enough behind closed doors and really feel oppressed by the constant hiding, so we decided to tell you, that both your dad and myself (mom) are into heavy pony play.. you know the kind where I stick that pony tail in dad's ... and mount a harness and we go riding round the house while I bat his ass with a an electric horse crop... sorry for the details son, but honestly we'd like to do this more freely, and thought that this way we wouldn't have to hide it from you anymore... "

Now honestly some may say, that the above "play" is a bit "extreme" and that it's an unnecessary display of graphic writing or that it's a completely different bull crap scenario, that AB isn't sexual, that it's a lifestyle, etc.
    So what? it's still kinky, it's still something that your parents should not be involved with in any way - or your regular friends (aside from SO/GF/BF...).

I mean place yourself for a split second, if you dare, in the mindset of your parents. What will they think?
    It can be anyhting from "what have we/I done wrong", "not enough love", "my son's a perv, he needs help", "why does he tell me - I mean I can accept that he/she is a sexual deviant, but why do I need to really know"...
    Also will you then once "outed" sit in the living room and do AB Play, paci in mouth, bottle on the side, wet diapers ,... ?

The act to tell your parents is completely selfish and unasked for,
    Last edited by EPO1; 15-Jul-2013 at 11:37.

ATOMIC98

I would keep it hidden but that's my thoughts