Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do vaccines cause autism?

jcrowley1985

Default Do vaccines cause autism?

This is just a topic that has been rushing through my head for awhile. And seeing as how many abdls show autistic or social anxiety traits (myself included so don't think I'm ridiculing anyone), what's your thoughts on the whole controversy that there are more to vaccines then the manufacturers are letting on.

RainbowShy

No. It's been proving twice (of not more) that they don't cause autism. Though, people claim that they do.

Besides, even if they did... I don't get why parents would risk their child/baby getting some incurable disease that could kill them over something like autism. Sure, autism isn't an easy thing to handle, but would you rather your child be unvaccinated and die from a disease those vaccinations protect or would you rather have a child diagnosed with autism? At least autism won't kill them.

jcrowley1985

Quote Originally Posted by AutisticChessie View Post
    No. It's been proving twice (of not more) that they don't cause autism. Though, people claim that they do.

Besides, even if they did... I don't get why parents would risk their child/baby getting some incurable disease that could kill them over something like autism. Sure, autism isn't an easy thing to handle, but would you rather your child be unvaccinated and die from a disease those vaccinations protect or would you rather have a child diagnosed with autism? At least autism won't kill them.
    Why do we still vaccinate anyway if the disease has been wiped out from decades of vaccinations?

And who knows if it's really been disproven or if the corporations just paid off the researchers to discredit them.

The older vaccines did contain mercury. That is why we see a lot of older people like myself who never knew they were autistic until later in life. A lot of the Autism today is being caused by what is added to our foods before they get to our tables.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by jcrowley1985 View Post
    Why do we still vaccinate anyway if the disease has been wiped out from decades of vaccinations?

And who knows if it's really been disproven or if the corporations just paid off the researchers to discredit them.
    Well, I have heard cases where parents vaccinate their perfectly healthy children... and all of a sudden afterwards their child develops symptoms of Autism. The problem with Autism today is that 1.) It's on a spectrum. 2.) Everyone is said to be on this spectrum. It's getting to the point where autism is receiving tons of negative attention and considered as a disease that needs to be cured. Parents are freaking out over the fact their child isn't taking by their second birthday or aren't hitting milestones the same as the neighborhood child down the street. I'm not saying the people here or me aren't autistic. I'm talking about actual kids who are diagnosed with it everyday. I bet you about half of those kids with autistic diagnoses aren't even autistic. Why do you think so many of them 'grow out' of autism? It's because they never had it to begin with. You don't just grow out of it. It stays with you the rest of your life. Now, sure... you can take therapies and manage it with medications that help certain symptoms (IE. meltdowns/outbursts, sensory issues...). But it won't go away completely.

And I think the reason is because the disease could contract again if so many people aren't vaccinated. I've seen a commerical once about pertussis or whooping cough that can affect infant babies and eventually kill them. It tells you to get vaccinated as well as to get your baby vaccinated for it. I think it's more or less due to the fact that everyone is so cautious and afraid these diseases will erupt all over again. That's what I think, anyway. Plus, the fact that other countries like africa still seem to be suffering from these kind of things doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by krallen View Post
    The older vaccines did contain mercury. That is why we see a lot of older people like myself who never knew they were autistic until later in life. A lot of the Autism today is being caused by what is added to our foods before they get to our tables.
    I don't believe that. I think a lot of things people say about autism are rubbish. Then again, I believe my case was caused by genetics. Both my parents have traits of autism. My dad clearly has asperger syndrome. He's extremely intelligent in history and enjoys reading. He could tell you anything about Abraham Lincoln and The Civil War. He's also not very social either. He struggles with social interaction, but he's not so much as shy of it. Also, despite being hard of hearing, he is sensitive to noise because he gets upset when me and my mom are fighting. He does tend to have a daily routine of doing the same things over and over again. My dad also got obsessed with things for a certain period of time. There was a time where he was obsessed with eating corn dogs for a while until he got tired of eating them.

As for my mom, she repeats herself. She's like a broken record. She also has borderline intellectual functioning. She can't hold down a job, she can't drive. Yes, she's actually more social than you would think... but I notice that she doesn't engage in social interaction on a normal level like her friends.

I don't think my case of autism was caused by vaccine. I think it was caused from genetics because as I explained, both my parents have autistic traits... and all of a sudden I'm diagnosed with high functioning classic autism.

jcrowley1985

Another thing to consider is the agent in these vaccines (MMR vaccine to be specific) that susposedly causes autism is just a preservative that contains mercury. If it's just a preservative, can't they just take it out and just set a shorter expiry date? Why risk hurting innocent children over something that doesn't have to be in it? Unless they have ulterior motives.

they have been wipe out in the US, but not in the world. Just as how bedbugs were near completely wiped out of the US but are now resurgent.

jcrowley1985

Quote Originally Posted by krallen View Post
    Yea, additives in our food is an entirely separate issue on its own. What with all the preservatives in heavily processed stuff we eat and all the hormones added to meats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    they have been wipe out in the US, but not in the world. Just as how bedbugs were near completely wiped out of the US but are now resurgent.
    Then require vaccines only for international travelers. Why should people who never leave the US need to vaccinate against something that has been wiped out.

RainbowShy

Yea, additives in our food is an entirely separate issue on its own. What with all the preservatives in heavily processed stuff we eat and all the hormones added to meats.

- - - Updated - - -

Then require vaccines only for international travelers. Why should people who never leave the US need to vaccinate against something that has been wiped out.
    Probably because of the possibility that someone from the outside who hasn't been vaccinated could bring whatever said disease is to the US. If those people aren't vaccinated, it could create an outbreak.

Still, I'm not trying to be rude about this but... you guys are kind of making it sound like having autism is worse than having a disease that is more likely to kill you. :/

jcrowley1985

Quote Originally Posted by AutisticChessie View Post
    Probably because of the possibility that someone from the outside who hasn't been vaccinated could bring whatever said disease is to the US. If those people aren't vaccinated, it could create an outbreak.

Still, I'm not trying to be rude about this but... you guys are kind of making it sound like having autism is worse than having a disease that is more likely to kill you. :/
    I'm not saying it is worse, but that still doesn't give doctor's the right to purposely give it to people. Espectially if the solution is as simple as removing the preservative that is most likely the cause.