Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phobias~

RainbowShy

Default Phobias~

I was wondering if anyone had any phobias? I have very irrational ones, so be prepared to discover some very weird fears.

- Dentists
    - Hospitals
    - Needles
    - Thunder (Yes, I'm aware it can't hurt me. I'm autistic, it's because of unexpected loud kabooms)
    - Ovens (I can walk by them and be near them, I just won't cook on them.)
    - Spiders (Even looking at pictures scare the daylights out of me)
    - Friday the 13th (Don't ask. It's one of my irrational fears)
    - Being alone
    - Death
    - Tornadoes
    - Fire
    - Elevators (Due to nightmares. I can ride them if I'm with someone, but I still get scared)
    - Horror movies

...Don't judge me. I probably have a lot more. I'll think of them I bet after I post this. >_>

Anyway, do any of you guys have phobias/fears? (whether irrational or not)

Used to have a few of them. None was worse than my fear of fire alarms though.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    Used to have a few of them. None was worse than my fear of fire alarms though.
    I forgot alarms. DX I hate those. I used to plug my ears every time we had them at school. Then, I'd fear they'd go off unexpectedly during the whole school year and cause me to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by AutisticChessie View Post
    I forgot alarms. DX I hate those. I used to plug my ears every time we had them at school. Then, I'd fear they'd go off unexpectedly during the whole school year and cause me to panic.
    I can relate 100%. Took me til high school to be ok with them. My principal knew and he'd warn me most of the time.

Needles
    Heights
    Driving my car *i swear to god I freak out if I have to drive on the freeway or to a destination area I'm not familiar with that has high traffic*

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by babygohan View Post
    I fear needles, hospitals, heights, and horror movies.
    yay! I'm not the only one. People always question my fear of them because they don't see how I can have such a fear of them. If I watch them, I get severe night terrors that last for it seems like months for me. DX

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    I can relate 100%. Took me til high school to be ok with them. My principal knew and he'd warn me most of the time.
    I was never warned. They didn't consider it to be a problem for me since I'm not on the severe end of the autistic spectrum. >_> So, I had to put up with them. They never warned anyone that they were having them over the intercom because they felt if we knew they were coming, what would happen if they were unexpected during a real fire? I don't know how they managed to keep the severely autistic kids from panicking over them though.

There were two resource rooms. One was for the mild cases of disability (the one I was in) and the other was for the more severe to profound forms of a disability. I think I was the only one in my class that really had a sensory issues with loud noise. I know one of my friends had asperger syndrome, but he didn't seem to be bothered by noise, just touch. (He'd get really angry and explode if someone touched him, even by accident.)

(I edited it in the wrong post. XD)

Heights. Death. Falling. Change (not getting my diaper changed). Loss.

When I was 3 I used to be scared of the car wash... Our town had one of those touch free ones that shoots high pressure water, and it would always scare the crap out of me when the soap cycle ended and the high pressure jets cae on. I vaguely remember it giving me nightmares. Ironically, I also used to have a fear of people in mascot costumes when I was little. Now look at me! I love the big furballs!
    I don't mind most insects, but millipedes creep the fuck out of me.
    I don't mind needles when getting vaccines, but its when they suck stuff back out of me that I don't like. I also don't like getting rained on.... Must be a cat thing.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by DeftLeppard View Post
    When I was 3 I used to be scared of the car wash... Our town had one of those touch free ones that shoots high pressure water, and it would always scare the crap out of me when the soap cycle ended and the high pressure jets cae on. I vaguely remember it giving me nightmares. Ironically, I also used to have a fear of people in mascot costumes when I was little. Now look at me! I love the big furballs!
    I don't mind most insects, but millipedes creep the fuck out of me.
    I don't mind needles when getting vaccines, but its when they suck stuff back out of me that I don't like. I also don't like getting rained on.... Must be a cat thing.
    Here's a funny fear I had... I used to be afraid our snowplow that plowed the roads was out to get me. So, every time I heard it, I would hide from it. I still don't know why I thought it was out to get me. I just had this feeling that came over that nearly made me panic and had to hide from it... it continued until we moved away from North Anson, maine to another area of maine and then to Arizona when I was fourteen.

I've loved mascots since I could remember. My favorite was the San Diego Chicken and Slugger from the Portland Sea Dogs. XD I've also gotten hugs from furries before and absolutely adore them. <3 They are so soft and warm. ^w^

I'm the same with insects. If I know what the bug is, then I don't really get afraid of it. I do hate having bugs on me though. I start freaking out and screaming in terror until it's off me... though flies I don't mind.